Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Suns v Eagles Sun April 28th 1pm AEST (Peoples First)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rogers in just his second game was very lively out there, looks a beauty.

You can really see the Hardwick stamp on them. Winning their home games too.

Liam Ryan and Sheed working out some rust. Clearly the ruck battle set us back today (by the way a 'Witts End' stand naming would be funny).

Last edited:
WC midfield doesn't get obliterated with him in there, unless of course umpires would have just gifted GC more invisible free kicks from stoppages
Not sure what thw quality of the tv coverage was but at the game you could clearly see holds by ginbey yeo kelly all the time (like jumper stretching holds the umpires can clearly see). Plus witts dominated the ruck and was getting arms chopped in frustration). No doubt a few were iffy but then so were some missed the other way (like waterman running 20m and not bouncing the ball)

Not sure what thw quality of the tv coverage was but at the game you could clearly see holds by ginbey yeo kelly all the time (like jumper stretching holds the umpires can clearly see). Plus witts dominated the ruck and was getting arms chopped in frustration). No doubt a few were iffy but then so were some missed the other way (like waterman running 20m and not bouncing the ball)
I'm only complaining about the stoppage frees that nobody knew what they are for. There was many of them. Watch the Hawthorn vs Sydney game, I bet there is 1, maybe 2 max where nobody knows what they are for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm only complaining about the stoppage frees that nobody knew what they are for. There was many of them. Watch the Hawthorn vs Sydney game, I bet there is 1, maybe 2 max where nobody knows what they are for.
Yeh maybe they had bad camera angles on the stoppages. I had my binoculars on each bouncedown and the holds were there. I think the eagles mids were too defence conscious rather than being more attacking (like swans were last week against suns) and the suns last week had the same frees against paid. Panic holding.

Anyway you guys are rebounding nicely good group of young fellas

Umpires didn't even have the courtesy to say why most of the time, just pulling them from thin air for the type of stuff you see at every stoppage.

Aside from the disappointing 3rd term overall wasn't a bad result. Allen, Reid, Barrass, Flynn, Hewett, Long to come back into the 22 next time we play them in Perth, will back us in to get the win then.

I counted and he was safe, 12 steps.

Can’t believe that West Coast could open him up to this kind of criticism, justified or not. Surely they could have thought this through better.

They’ve opened him up to criticism, haven’t put their best side on the field for the four points and have denied QLD fans of a rare chance to see him.
Well, I don't know how many games they need to rest him for, but surely 2x against North and home against the Saints would've been three of them, Gold Coast at home rather than away.

The Suns away with their season on the line, one of the toughest away trips in the league... maybe not such a good idea.

All those whinging Eagles fans should check out the stats - like inside 50, clearances, contested possessions, tackles inside 50.

Lucky Suns players for some reason decided to donate you 6 goals on platter and you kicked straight. Otherwise, it was 60+.

BTW, Suns were younger, less experienced and played 4 kids under 20 (Eagles 2). I give you a long trip.

Yeo was great and so was Waterman.

Witts obliterated B Williams.

QLD fans of a rare chance to see him.

oh no, all 6 of them?

he was sore, apologies we didn't force him to play and risk him doing a soft tissue injury

he's gone back to see his family given he's got the weekend off. it happens a lot more often than you think. the only reason this has been highlighted is because he's harley reid

Back