Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 8 - Saints v North Sat May 4th 4:35pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by a goal or less

• Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Actively asking for the removal of a team with 100+ years of history is a dog act.
Reminds me why Carlton supporters are so insufferable.
It's the sign of an unfunny, uneducated and overall drop kick fan that needs to make the comment to make himself feel better. Adds nothing to the conversation. Kangas will be fine in a couple of years, Wardlaw, Shezeel and McKercher are going to be stars.

North are so chirpy for a dog s**t team it's embarrassing.

I seriously hope the AFL are considering their future.

They’ve been more successful than Carlton for the last few decades. Carlton hasn’t fired a shot. Maybe we fold Carlton?

And if LDU leaves? If Zurhaar leaves?

I don't think it's turning anytime soon.

Especially with Clarko at the helm. This has the feel of Mick Malthouse all over again.
I'm hopeful we can retain LDU, Zurhaar i feel will leave sadly.
Either way we will deal with, will likely get good compo for LDU and could leverage that to fix our KPD
Hopefully we can start winning and show evidence in 2025 to convince him to stay.

We may not even play finals while Clarko is at the helm.
He may end up being a Paul Roos at Melbourne type.
Correcting the culture and setting us up to rise up the ladder.

That said 2025 we need to definitely show more in terms of wins.

So in response to a saints supporter claiming Hipwood is terrible compared to the saints forwards you post a comparison that shows they’re basically the same.

Never change saints fans.

Minnesota United Soccer GIF by Univision Deportes
And it's sad that you try to tear down a guy who has just come back from a knee injury and played on a pretty good defender in Aiden Corr but hey what ever makes you feel better.

They’ve been more successful than Carlton for the last few decades. Carlton hasn’t fired a shot. Maybe we fold Carlton?
How far back are we going?

Fold everyone excpet for Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon on 16 premierships. Everyone else is a waste of space...

We're talking about the current state of North. Facts are they're going nowhere this year or next. They have an overpaid coach passed his used by date and a losing culture that is unlike anything the AFL has ever seen before.

They've lost a major piece in Mckay and didn't replace him and look likely to lose more at the end of this year.

If you think this is the bottom, I think it might actually get worse.

Are they going to want to stay through utter misery for a few more years?
Sheezel has signed up for the long haul.
Very mature young man who wants to help turn this footy club around.

I'm hopeful on the rest of them.
Powell recently extended for 2 years.
Hopefully McKercher can resist Tassie and i say that as a Tasmanian lol

And it's sad that you try to tear down a guy who has just come back from a knee injury and played on a pretty good defender in Aiden Corr but hey what ever makes you feel better.

I don’t think you can respond to a chain where saints supporters are taking shots at lions players and then play the victim card. Especially after your epic own goal on the previous page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think you can respond to a chain where saints supporters are taking shots at lions players and then play the victim card. Especially after your epic own goal on the previous page.
Not playing the victim, just pointing out that you have a go at a guy who came back from a knee injury and had a good defender all game but that makes him a spud where as your own team has a slightly worse forward. I like when poster don't like the response they go straight for character assassination like it doesn't hightlight how far off the mark they are

Nah you know that little smug sniper who went to another club to finish his career and sooked when he wasn’t captain at the first one
If by sooked you mean winning 3 best and fairests, 3 All Australian nods, 3 flags and a Brownlow after relinquishing the captaincy then yeah- he really threw the toys out of the cot!

Not playing the victim, just pointing out that you have a go at a guy who came back from a knee injury and had a good defender all game but that makes him a spud where as your own team has a slightly worse forward. I like when poster don't like the response they go straight for character assassination like it doesn't hightlight how far off the mark they are

1714823110742.png

Things look completely dire for North. Looking at their fixture you can't see a realistic win until Hawthorn in the final round and even that's a big maybe.

Knowing this comp they'll probably end up with a couple of unlikely wins before that though.

Back