Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Cats v Blues Sat April 27th 4:35pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpiring all game was poor - people are acting like I am the only one that has said it. By all reports David King on the broadcast said Carlton were playing against two teams. Maybe take it up with him...
Yet you won the free kick count quite convincingly.
There were questionable frees for and against BOTH teams.

You’re miles ahead of everyone else in terms of free kick differential this year. I wouldn’t be complaining too much……

Yet you won the free kick count quite convincingly.
There were questionable frees for and against BOTH teams.

You’re miles ahead of everyone else in terms of free kick differential this year. I wouldn’t be complaining too much……
The free kick count is meaningless - genuinely the most meaningless stat in AFL. A team can earn 30 free kicks and get 15, whilst the other team earns 15 and get 12. Are you telling me the team that for 12 are more disadvantaged? It is all about the decisions themselves not the raw count.

And Essendon actually lead the league for free kick differential so...

The umpiring all game was poor - people are acting like I am the only one that has said it. By all reports David King on the broadcast said Carlton were playing against two teams. Maybe take it up with him...
Ah yes the unbiased opinions of commentators…how astute

The free kick count is meaningless - genuinely the most meaningless stat in AFL. A team can earn 30 free kicks and get 15, whilst the other team earns 15 and get 12. Are you telling me the team that for 12 are more disadvantaged? It is all about the decisions themselves not the raw count.

And Essendon actually lead the league for free kick differential so...
Ok you lost because of the umpires. Not because one team was far more efficient and moved the ball better…..

How about blame Williams? For freely giving us a goal?

Ah yes the unbiased opinions of commentators…how astute
I gave my opinion and that wasn't enough. Every single fan is biased - I have already said I thought it was poor and some Cats fans thought it was fine. Happy to agree to disagree - I don't know why there is a problem with me having an opinion

When did I say we lost because of umpires? Please don't put words in my mouth.
mate there are 50+ pages of you sooking about umpires in this thread alone, did you get this animated when Carlton was gifted the game vs Freo?

I gave my opinion and that wasn't enough. Every single fan is biased - I have already said I thought it was poor and some Cats fans thought it was fine. Happy to agree to disagree - I don't know why there is a problem with me having an opinion
No problem with your excuses but using the commentary as some “unbiased” framework for your reasonings/evidence is pretty laughable

Don’t carry on that there are posters responding to it , you have been pretty clear about the umpiring over the last 20 odd pages

I can't comment on that. I thought the umpiring was poor - you clearly didn't. Why is that wrong - we aren't going to agree on everything
I can…he hates Geelong so his opinion is null and void.

You can disagree if you like but using a call to authority with checks notes David King then I can’t take it seriously.

Probably only hates Freo more. But that’s more general contempt than pure disgust he has for Geelong.

mate there are 50+ pages of you sooking about umpires in this thread alone, did you get this animated when Carlton was gifted the game vs Freo?
Find me these 50 pages because if you took the time to read the posts I have said execution was the difference. Complaining about umpiring in the match thread does not mean that is why a team lost. If that's the conclusion you want to draw then Carlton haven't won a game without the umpires since 1889

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean when Williams barely had any contact with Henry, initiated the contact, threw his head and neck back and to the side and flopped to the ground?

The same one he was getting called out for last night and all today soo far?

The disgusting flop that should be a fine for staging?

I think it can still be a free kick and the player infringed against goes down too easily. I don't think they're mutually exclusive. Still think it was probably a free kick against Henry, but Voss would have been telling Williams he shouldn't have gone to ground.

When did I say we lost because of umpires? Please don't put words in my mouth.
I’d like to hear your opinion on Williams giving us a goal due to laying on the ground clutching at his head when no contact to the head was made at all, which allowed Henry to run on and kick an easy goal?

I can…he hates Geelong so his opinion is null and void.

You can disagree if you like but using a call to authority with checks notes David King then I can’t take it seriously.

Probably only hates Freo more. But that’s more general contempt than pure disgust he has for Geelong.
I gave my opinion and then people were replying as if it was some crazy opinion no one else agreed with. Plenty of people in this thread said the umpiring was poor and some thought it was great. Happy to leave it there

I’d like to hear your opinion on Williams giving us a goal due to laying on the ground clutching at his head when no contact to the head was made at all, which allowed Henry to run on and kick an easy goal?
I was at the game near the other 50 so didn't see the incident - was watching the ball not what happened off it

Not paying deliberate against Guthrie was a terrible call.
I don't like the rule but I actually didn't think that was ever going to be paid because the Geelong player got close enough to it last second. Terrible rule but consistent decision with what I have seen so far in 24'

Let's all save our breath, the debate has been the same since forever:

Hard done-by fan: The umps cost us.
Winning fan: Them's the breaks.
Hard-done by fan: Look at insert incident
Drunk fan: It's a conspiracy
Winning fan: We lost the free kick count.
Hard-done by fan: It's where the frees are paid, not how many you get.
Winning fan: What about inserts less obvious incident
Hard-done by fan: Oh please. Enjoy your dubious win.
Winning fan: I shall. Yes, indeed, I shall.
Hard-done by fan 2: What about another incident

Rinse, repeat.

I gave my opinion and then people were replying as if it was some crazy opinion no one else agreed with. Plenty of people in this thread said the umpiring was poor and some thought it was great. Happy to leave it there
It’s all you talk about which is why it’s being called out you can’t be shocked that it’s being responded to and then cry victim

Carlton have lost their last 11 games where both sides (them and the opposition) were sitting in the top 4 on the ladder. Their most recent win in a top 4 clash was round 12, 2001.
That’s a really interesting stat , I’m unsure of what to make of it considering the form of the Blues over the years as this year your midfield is seriously as strong as it has ever been .

It’s all you talk about which is why it’s being called out you can’t be shocked that it’s being responded to and then cry victim
It's not all I spoke about post game. During the game it was pure emotion and you just want a release. This was actually pretty much the first time ever I have posted on the main board during a game and it will be the last given the response. After the game I did say the umpiring was poor but also spoke about a number of other things like execution. I also gave Geelong a lot of credit for their start to the season.

Back