Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Cats v Blues Sat April 27th 4:35pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate there are no neutral supporters when it comes to Carlton. We beat North by 9 goals and the "neutrals" were saying they were robbed. Every Carlton game they win its umpires. But then when they lose it can't be. That is the very definition of hypocrisy
You're actually describing how neutrals are with Geelong. People are sick of us though, so I get it.

Fancy that. The Carlton footy club didn't complain in gather round when they beat Freo with some umpire assistance. LoL

All of Carlton's narrow wins this season have been assisted by the umpires lol
They literally still win the free kick count and got a few 50/50 frees to cripps the last five minutes which resulted in goals… and let’s all be clear… Carlton has benefited from 50/50 umpiring calls and bad calls… they literally won an entire footy game from a touched ball being called a mark…

Carlton can shove any umpire grievance…

They were outplayed from start to finish and lost fair and square. Suck it up be good sports and move on.

Saad would tidy up their ball use. As an actual small defender he's just okay, but he's a great rebounder.

Gov is obviously a miss. It'll be interesting to see if he can contain Cameron next time.

With Stewart back in the side, we would've punished a lot more of those poor Carlton entries and I suspect he'd have peeled off to stop some of the more frustrating goals we gave away today.

Lets be honest they did play Geelong. It was just another level.
Well they did struggle big time when the cats applied the pressure and it would had been good to have Stewart down there and a fit Dnager all game

I think that balances out the outs for Blues …either way it’ll be a good rematch later in the year their midfield is seriously good

Did you complain when you robbed Freo in 2020 and 2024? Nope you found it funny .

But if it happens to Carlton, you complain. LoL
When did I find it funny? And I don't think you were robbed. I have always been consistent that one bad call in the final minute is not being robbed. I also think umpires are generally too incompetent to purposely rob a team of a game

A match high 10 score involvements, a goal and an assist from his 17 classy touches. I reckon you're being a bit harsh to call that an off day.

I thought he, Miers and Cameron carried us today.
I've seen Stengle single handedly tear games apart. He was still phenomenal today but nowhere near his absolute best imo. Some games he played in 2022 were Eddie Betts like.

Either way, Miers and Stengle's floors are basically Carlton's smalls peaks. It's astonishing how many opportunities they butchered tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate there are no neutral supporters when it comes to Carlton. We beat North by 9 goals and the "neutrals" were saying they were robbed. Every Carlton game they win its umpires. But then when they lose it can't be. That is the very definition of hypocrisy
How about you lead by example because your mob Carries on about umpires despite getting an amazing run from it (freo win for example). Take your lumps accept you lost to a better team and move on.

How about you lead by example because your mob Carries on about umpires despite getting an amazing run from it (freo win for example). Take your lumps accept you lost to a better team and move on.
I don't try and stop people discussing umpiring. Every supporter base complains about it don't tell me it's just Carlton. I thought tonight was poor I don't understand why that's bad to say.

He can join Zac Williams as a headless footballer.

Both teams played well. Ultimately, Cats kicked better on the field and at goal, and Carlton didn't. That was the difference.
Regardless of the umpiring, if we kick better, we're a strong chance of winning that.

I honestly think if Durdin kicks that set shot we run over the top of Geelong. Heads dropped, 90 seconds later Cameron kicks one from the exact same spot on the ground. Geelong storm away and that ultimately won them the game.

Can blame the umpires all we want but they were in winning positions and couldn’t do it whilst the Cats were ruthless when it was there time to go.

Your football side is playing and you are still banging on with your anti Carlton agenda. Yes, blues should be 0 and 7 and sitting in 17th on the ladder. Lol
At least I have the Blues as a mid table team.

Highlight of the match was the crowd which seemed good humoured. Bit funny seeing some Blues fans do a 180, but they do rock on the early leave.

Too much left to too few seemed the Blues story. Good win by the Cats.

I think that balances out the outs for Blues
I hope this is a joke. You won the game but let's not start comparing injuries please. We had Lewis Young our fifth string defender on Jeremy Cameron who is arguably the best player in the competition

They literally still win the free kick count and got a few 50/50 frees to cripps the last five minutes which resulted in goals… and let’s all be clear… Carlton has benefited from 50/50 umpiring calls and bad calls… they literally won an entire footy game from a touched ball being called a mark…

Carlton can shove any umpire grievance…

They were outplayed from start to finish and lost fair and square. Suck it up be good sports and move on.

In the Freo game they had the rub of the green all day and won the free kick count by half a dozen. But one free kick decides the game?

Can’t have it both ways.

It all evens out in the end and Carlton will be there come finals time full strength with as good a chance as anyone. As will the Cats. That’s what I have taken from today.

In the Freo game they had the rub of the green all day and won the free kick count by half a dozen. But one free kick decides the game?

Can’t have it both ways.

It all evens out in the end and Carlton will be there come finals time full strength with as good a chance as anyone. As will the Cats. That’s what I have taken from today.
1 minute before the touched call Ryan committed one of the most blatant blocks I have ever seen on Kennedy 20m out from goal. But all the focus goes on the last 25 seconds

Back