Vent 2024 Vent Your Disappointments Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawson is running at 55-61% DE ......his elite disposal is his #1 wood .....he's getting enough of the ball, two weeks in a row his DT score has been 100+ ......huge discrepancy between DT and SC
Just on this .....Dawson was 131 DT points last week ...100 this week

Normally Dawson would be 15-20 SC points above his DT score

Just on this .....Dawson was 131 DT points last week ...100 this week

Normally Dawson would be 15-20 SC points above his DT score
Dawson & the Crows will do better once they boot out Crouch - then I’m getting Dawson in my team :devil:

Just seems like I'm a week behind your standard decent team. My midfield is poor, although Martin coming good helped this round.

I don't have - Serong, Green, Touk, Butters and my forward line doesn't have Heeney or Powell.

At least I'm getting T.Green next round but I feel like I've missed the boat on several crucial selections. Heeney is the main one.

That said, my backline is above average with Sheez, Powell, NWM, Young, Massimo & Zac Williams with Daicos in mids ready to be swung back.

I just feel like the way I allocated my spending has turned out to be poor but next round with a full team, might be more telling.

Just seems like I'm a week behind your standard decent team. My midfield is poor, although Martin coming good helped this round.

I don't have - Serong, Green, Touk, Butters and my forward line doesn't have Heeney or Powell.

At least I'm getting T.Green next round but I feel like I've missed the boat on several crucial selections. Heeney is the main one.

That said, my backline is above average with Sheez, Powell, NWM, Young, Massimo & Zac Williams with Daicos in mids ready to be swung back.

I just feel like the way I allocated my spending has turned out to be poor but next round with a full team, might be more telling.
I wouldn't worry, it's a marathon, not a sprint ......who's to say the front running leading ave players, don't maintain their 3 game surge .....history suggests they won't

I wouldn't worry, it's a marathon, not a sprint ......who's to say the front running leading ave players, don't maintain their 3 game surge .....history suggests they won't
This is what I try to tell myself, I haven't gone chasing points and do have some good rookies so I'm building from the ground up so to speak.

Heeney though is becoming an issue. I actually think if he stays in the mids he could win the Brownlow and keep an average of 125ish for the season.

This is what I try to tell myself, I haven't gone chasing points and do have some good rookies so I'm building from the ground up so to speak.

Heeney though is becoming an issue. I actually think if he stays in the mids he could win the Brownlow and keep an average of 125ish for the season.
Yep .....you're on the right track ....build cash gen, SC is so close to how AFL Fantasy is played ....and the successful Fantasy Coaches have never chased the premium priced players as upgrades, this time of the year .....it kills your future cash gen

Yep .....you're on the right track ....build cash gen, SC is so close to how AFL Fantasy is played ....and the successful Fantasy Coaches have never chased the premium priced players as upgrades, this time of the year .....it kills your future cash gen
It is hard when it seems everyone is on Heeney/Serong/Green etc but I'm happy with how I've held my nerve so far with keeping Young and Martin and getting most of the good rookies in.

Coffield, reid and gibcus injuries where tough to take but I've got backline depth so I don't have any rookies on that line which I'm hoping is an advantage this round as most probably have Howes at D6.

I feel like Ive picked a decent team and I'm at 65k overall but Im trying not to be too disheartened as it's very early and my team has potential.

Sometimes it's good to vent a little though haha

It is hard when it seems everyone is on Heeney/Serong/Green etc but I'm happy with how I've held my nerve so far with keeping Young and Martin and getting most of the good rookies in.

Coffield, reid and gibcus injuries where tough to take but I've got backline depth so I don't have any rookies on that line which I'm hoping is an advantage this round as most probably have Howes at D6.

I feel like Ive picked a decent team and I'm at 65k overall but Im trying not to be too disheartened as it's very early and my team has potential.

The points gap isn't as big as the rankings suggest .....I agree, we won't have a real idea of true rankings, until after R5

It's OK, I'm seeing SC Podcasters panicking too, and abandoning all their preachings .......the AFL Fantasy podcasters though, a completely different approach, and staying true to the cash gen principle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t stress mate
I’ve got Heeney & Green, but at about the same ranking as you :think:

It all evens out - that the SC way!

It’s about how well set up our teams are atm

Don’t stress mate
I’ve got Heeney & Green, but at about the same ranking as you :think:

It all evens out - that the SC way!

It’s about how well set up our teams are atm
Thanks mate. It is definitely a marathon and despite the increased number of trades, you do still need to be very judicious in how you use them.

Usually I go aggressive and then hold one or two trades for as long as possible at seasons end but this year I'm trying to be a little more circumspect with how I trade and am following my rule of not chasing points.

That also means being careful about who I trade out, like young had the right role so I kept him, Martin too. Still the jury is out on them but I think trusting the eye and gut test is my aim. Not being enticed by massive point scoring early is part of that.

Trading in that fraud Billings.

Has destroyed me the last 2 weeks.

Conor Mcgregor GIF by UFC

Last edited:
Starting with Fisher and without Heeney is killing me right now.

Thought Fisher was a shoe in to get a bunch of nothing touches down back at North. Everytime I’ve watched him he’s been invisible for half the game.

Also started with Wines who I thought would be pumping out at least 105+ considering he’s back in the middle. Should have just gone Steele but he completely burnt me last year so I was scarred by him.

I did ask for those campaigners I don’t own to stop going tropical last week, I even said please.

Enter Gawn 170 odd and Heeney another 140 odd. GTFO Kents.

Destroyed any hope I had in cash league and any hope I had of climbing the rankings further this week 😞

I did ask for those campaigners I don’t own to stop going tropical last week, I even said please.

Enter Gawn 170 odd and Heeney another 140 odd. GTFO Kents.

Destroyed any hope I had in cash league and any hope I had of climbing the rankings further this week 😞

If you're bye structure plan is good, remember that you should have a premo playing that they don't have when the byes come around. Will make up some of the scores.

Like I went English over Gawn - -60 points (without C calculations) and Jackson over Heeny - 20 points.

Hopefully some perspective.

Dropped from 678 to 6734 due to a stupid decision...Next time there are byes things will be different. l put premiums on the bench and fielded lower point bench players to cover the bye players...Having to count Pink 19 , Wilson 25 and 2 DNP players hurt. The big boys are back on the field this week so projected score is now 2292 ..Now l'm happy again..

Dropped from 678 to 6734 due to a stupid decision...Next time there are byes things will be different. l put premiums on the bench and fielded lower point bench players to cover the bye players...Having to count Pink 19 , Wilson 25 and 2 DNP players hurt. The big boys are back on the field this week so projected score is now 2292 ..Now l'm happy again..

Swings and roundabouts.

Lots of bigger scorers this week came off disappointing weeks previous. Would say that some either traded into the score or bye plan management may not be fully there. Will be interesting in Round 5 and Round 6 what everyone does with Heeney/Gawn/Daicos plus the 3-5 roookies that have the byes.

Patient is a virtue or some s**t saying my mum use to say (may have stuffed that up)

If you're bye structure plan is good, remember that you should have a premo playing that they don't have when the byes come around. Will make up some of the scores.

Like I went English over Gawn - -60 points (without C calculations) and Jackson over Heeny - 20 points.

Hopefully some perspective.

This is what I am hopeful of, this weekend should have been one of those weekends but with some poor performances and massive scores from Gawn and Heeney other teams were KOTD and saved 😀

The wheel will turn 😀

Remove this Banner Ad

Back