Trades 2024 Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week's trades have been doing my head in.

Screenshot_20240426-115907.png
20k in the bank, 28 trades with 3 boosts.

I'm running Gawn / Grundy / Meek as a bit of a cash grab, was hoping Meek showed enough to hold down R2 and to boot Grundy this week, but I'm thinking Grundy now has to stay. Could potentially sideways him to English / Marshall in upcoming weeks but he's showing me he's at least luxury upgrade tier.

The backline I didn't want to do a nothing trade of Reid or Hore out, still can't decide if I want to eat the donut or not. I could trade Stewart and grab him slightly cheaper later. I don't love it but it could be a play - could particularly look at Bowes in to grab some quick cash?

Mass not at training means I reckon I need to boot him.

Good news is I've got the DPP to get everyone everywhere essentially.

What do we think about:
Meek to Sweet (is he the best go early rookie option?)
Mass to Walsh
and then keep the boost for Stewart to Bowes if I'm feeling like that's the play?

would want to see what macrae's role is like with libba back as well
I would not be surprised if he's the sub. Bevlol

Need to trade either Zilliams or Mass.

Both got the vest last week.
Zilliams has decent scoring history but highish BE. Injury record not great either.
Mass lowish BE but getting the vest is a worry.

Thoughts on which way I should go?

EDIT: Just saw the tweet about Mass not training today - might make the decision easier :thumbsu:

@MichaelWhiting

From watching
@GoldCoastSUNS
training this morning, it appears Sam Day will come in for the rested Ethan Read and Rory Atkins for the omitted Bodhi Uwland.

Looks like Sexton might miss.....

This week's trades have been doing my head in.

View attachment 1971310
20k in the bank, 28 trades with 3 boosts.

I'm running Gawn / Grundy / Meek as a bit of a cash grab, was hoping Meek showed enough to hold down R2 and to boot Grundy this week, but I'm thinking Grundy now has to stay. Could potentially sideways him to English / Marshall in upcoming weeks but he's showing me he's at least luxury upgrade tier.

The backline I didn't want to do a nothing trade of Reid or Hore out, still can't decide if I want to eat the donut or not. I could trade Stewart and grab him slightly cheaper later. I don't love it but it could be a play - could particularly look at Bowes in to grab some quick cash?

Mass not at training means I reckon I need to boot him.

Good news is I've got the DPP to get everyone everywhere essentially.

What do we think about:
Meek to Sweet (is he the best go early rookie option?)
Mass to Walsh
and then keep the boost for Stewart to Bowes if I'm feeling like that's the play?
Zac Reid out for bulldog Garcia
Slide Roberts back
Slide Saint Garcia to mids

is zwill a better hold than sharp(1 spike game rest all 70s or below) and mass after the training news today

is zwill a better hold than sharp(1 spike game rest all 70s or below) and mass after the training news today
Dunno. Zwill is a grass blade away from a season ending injury. Sharp just plods on the outside hoofing balls into the fwd line.

Defs Sharp for me

Zac Reid out for bulldog Garcia
Slide Roberts back
Slide Saint Garcia to mids
Too late to move Zac Reid unfortunately.

I was in a bit of a pickle of not really wanting to sideways either of the backline rookies to another s**t rookie option on Wednesday night. Now I have to dance around them if I'm avoiding the donut, or just cop it for a week and move on

Dunno. Zwill is a grass blade away from a season ending injury. Sharp just plods on the outside hoofing balls into the fwd line.

Defs Sharp for me
if sharp and zwill both continue scorings 70s for next 3 rounds sharp makes 30k more and zwill makes about 10-15k based on the price projections i see ppl posted

i think zwill has a bit more scoring potential compared to sharp? not sure. sharp gets a decent amount of the ball but DE always so average

guess its weighing up money making vs scoring

With a few forward rooks coming up, go early on Sweet for Meek (R3) or stick with Meek to Biggie and get Sweet on the bubble next week?

Depends what low end fwds you are carrying but Biggie is more likely to be a donut in 2 weeks than playing and clogging up a bench spot
Dempsey, Comben, Darcy, Cadman and Biggie at F4-F8 (Reid in the midfield this werk). Sweet next week would swing Livingstone into the forward line so I guess that could become a mess soon lol

Dempsey, Comben, Darcy, Cadman and Biggie at F4-F8 (Reid in the midfield this werk). Sweet next week would swing Livingstone into the forward line so I guess that could become a mess soon lol
Yep Biggie and Livingstone bench forces too many rookies on field. I'd prob pass on Biggie as Sweet is safer in your situation, then move Cadman or Dempsey on as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard decision but settled on skipping Walsh and going Houston. Also giving biggie a miss and going early on Hardeman.

OUT Sanders, Zill, Sharp
IN Houston, HGarcia, Hardeman

200k in the bank for a boost and double upgrade next week
1714102723655.png

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

Yep Biggie and Livingstone bench forces too many rookies on field. I'd prob pass on Biggie as Sweet is safer in your situation, then move Cadman or Dempsey on as well
Yea plan was for Cadman and Dempsey/Darcy for Sweet and Green/Petracca next week

If I cop Sweet this week, will need to find another rook downgrade next week. Reckon doggies Garcia gets a good crack?

Yea plan was for Cadman and Dempsey/Darcy for Sweet and Green/Petracca next week

If I cop Sweet this week, will need to find another rook downgrade next week. Reckon doggies Garcia gets a good crack?
He might, but the problem is he's also a fwd only and a risk of being dropped so clogs up a fwd spot. If Livingstone is F8 for 4-5 weeks you really need a safe F7, which Biggie and Garcia are not imo

He might, but the problem is he's also a fwd only and a risk of being dropped so clogs up a fwd spot. If Livingstone is F8 for 4-5 weeks you really need a safe F7, which Biggie and Garcia are not imo
That's why I'm going to wait until next week to trade in Sweet, there are plenty of rookies debuting this week that need evaluation before pulling the trigger.

Biggie looks high risk and prob only lasts another week or two once Dawson is right. The only disclaimer is he makes 50-60K just by turning up this week and if he holds next week he's very much on for 80+ vs Saints
I read somewhere Dawson had a set back and is still 3-4 weeks away, happy to be corrected on that.

Would have too many Suns and not enough Dogs.

Plus Mac doesn't have a 175 score rolling through his price
If you’re trading either of these guys in, you’re wanting them as keepers, not as cash cows, so the 175 has been missed. Could go back to scoring a 50 this week then irrelevant anyway. We’ve all seen what Bevo has done with Dale, Macrae, Daniel. Why everyone suddenly trusts him after a single solitary game is beyond me. The Dogs aren’t winning the flag, so they’re trying different things. Could end up at FF knowing how crazy Bevo is.

Mac will have the same role every week and punch out consistent scores.

IMO.

Miller, Flanders, Clohesy and Graham

Only Dog is Darcy (and Sanders who I will trade tomorrow)
Weak.

This is me:
Miller, Flanders, Clohesy, Graham, Rowell
Libba, Sanders, Darcy, Garcia, Coffield and Bont coming in next week

What could go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back