Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a few of us are in the same position, the question is...

To trade Powell out this week or not?
Where do you stand?
Depends on 2 things:
1) do you think Powell will get back into the middle?
2) what does Powell out get you?

I think Powell gets back into the midfield, and I can upgrade without trading him out, so I'm holding him.

$415k vs $350k if he drops more, I don't think it's a huge issue for me

Not sure what to do with Sweet at R2 or R3, has had DT scores in the 90s both of the last 2 weeks and similar numbers in both, resulting in a 136 and 74. FAs, clangers and DE% hurts this week but I don't think a 90-100 SC average is unrealistic for the next month if the DT numbers hold.

Will prob just play Grundy this week and make a decision next week.

Depends on 2 things:

I think Powell gets back into the midfield, and I can upgrade without trading him out, so I'm holding him.

Yeah, I get that.

But, there's the other part to the equation as well.
  • Keep Powell and trade Meek - Sweet becomes R2
  • Trade Powell and keep Meek - Sweet stays at R2, but one more rookie to play fwd

🤔
Thinking should have traded Biggie to Sweet last night instead of Clark that 20k would have come in handy.

Was hoping Biggie might get another game soon.

Yeah, I get that.

• Trade Powell and keep Meek - Sweet stays at R2, but one more rookie to play fwd

exactly what i am weighing up as well. I have Jackson as well. So could always loop Powell and take either his or Sweet score. Sam Darcy would be my backup so its not all doom and gloom.

this would be my rucks and forwards if i went meek instead of powell. Both ways allow me Serong

1714692156313.png

Wow! What's your rank I'm 9,511
View attachment 1977721
nathan fillion castle GIF
21k :'(

🤔
Thinking should have traded Biggie to Sweet last night instead of Clark that 20k would have come in handy.

Was hoping Biggie might get another game soon.
You can. Trade Biggie to JhClark and it'll fix the trade without using another (assuming you have DPP switch to facilitate it)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea what I am doing, did Cadman > Sweet already but not sure whether to trade Meek out to a Stew type or fix up something like Coffield > Rogers, but with Reid likely back in the next 2 weeks not sure if it's that urgent now.

No idea what I am doing, did Cadman > Sweet already but not sure whether to trade Meek out to a Stew type or fix up something like Coffield > Rogers, but with Reid likely back in the next 2 weeks not sure if it's that urgent now.
if Stew is Tom Stewart I would wait a week. 138 B/E. Should be around $520k next week and even if he hits it he will still be under $550k. Bargin

Yeah, I get that.

Powell is unnecessary fluff.
He's scoring no better than a rook, dropping in price, and has a huge BE compared to his avg.
His role just got worse and posted a shocker.
People are trying to hold ...why ? ..pure guesswork if he returns to being a plodder mid in a bottom 4 mob, and might be 300K by then.

You really need to create a reason to hold onto him....need guesswork. Fwds are not hard to find when just about anyone is better.

Meek on the other hand....still rising in price and rucking solo which means can play him onfield, score better than Powell AND make u some money for an eventual R2 upgrade in a month. Plus, there's not much more immediate cash benefit selling Meek rather than Powell.

Depends on 2 things:

Good summary, same situation here.

Think LDU plays and Simpkin is 50/50 with his quad, Powell should get the CBAs from Phillips / Curtis but really needs Simpkin back to HF to be worth holding. Given Simpkin did a quad first game in the mids (and was bad) he might go back to HF in which case that's a path for Powell to good CBAs. Sheez would then be the main CBA risk.

The problem is it's not a 1 week call, it's really a season long call and I think they'll experiment through Powell's role at some stage so he is at risk. It may cost 30-40K to find out by holding. Just not sure very tough one

Thinking of changing now, and going a little early on Roberts. Not entirely sure what to do

Option 1 Meek, Roberts, Jackson to English, Serong, Sweet.

Forwards are Heeney, Ned, Powell, Fyfe, Reid and Sam Darcy.

Option 2 Powell, Zilliams to Sweet and Serong

Keep Meek at R2 for a bit longer. Same forward line as above but Jackson instead of Powell.
Roberts is almost maxed out …. this weeks price growth is premised on a projected price, i don’t think he’ll reach

I traded Roberts , to get me serong

Roberts is almost maxed out …. this weeks price growth is premised on a projected price, i don’t think he’ll reach

I traded Roberts , to get me serong
yeah i agree. i think option 2 is the play and then next week it will be Roberts to Stewart and maybe Rozee to Trac if out for a while, although i can't trust ports medical staff

Holding Powell.

Going to keep Grundy for the week as he has a last bit of cash to make & think Wilson can outscore Sweet's 74 who is the one that would make way if i took Sweet's score. Grundy can be traded next week & comfortable riding Sweet for the next 3-4 weeks

Hypothetical here! getting rid of Draper down back, who would you put in: Whitfield, Stewart, or Dale?

Dale gives me $130k to spend (and he’ll make me money either way), whilst I’m nervous re Stewart and he’s 100% yet - in saying that, of course I know the quality of player he is.

And then there’s Whitfield, another great option.

Was initially leaning towards Dale and thinking worst case scenario, it’ll simply be a waste of a trade, but he’ll make me money and I can make a sideways trade. Thoughts?
I was considering Dale until I saw that those 2 big scores came when Libba was out and Richards went to Mid.....Libba is back and Richards goes back, maybe limiting Dale's scoring.......if it's between Stewart and Whitfield, I'd go Stewart...

Yeah, I've locked Zerrett in as well - insane run coming up for Essendon.

Nice team btw
Hard to deny eh! And thanks lad, coming along nicely thus far - just gotta stick to the upgrading plan and hope it doesn't get skittled like it did briefly with Stewart last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back