Trades 2024 Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m ranked 52k, this is not good news for you 😂
I’m also holding

The Punisher Marvel GIF by NETFLIX

Anyone think Macrae will come good as a top 6 forward? Could be a big comeback week with Libba out. I'm sure a lot of us got burned by him last year but outside of that this man averaged 115+ 5 years straight, it's hard to imagine such a drastic fall-off.

I can't see myself picking Zorko or Powell over this guy but maybe I'm just too biased given I've had him almost every year.

I don't really want to pay premiums for heeney, I got burned by him the exact same way last year.

View attachment 1961053
Starting to think I should have stuck to this, ended up bringing in Powell instead but guess I can target macrae next week.

Final changes this week. The good 'ol one-up-one-down traditional upgrade.

1713446723862.png

Had Yeo all week, but then saw I still had traditional burn men in my team. Fyfe. Heeney. Who's next, Rockliff????

Flipped to Flanders mainly because I wanted another FWD premo.
DEF is OK for now, and will have SP Roberts able to move back there for support, while Z.Reid can be the loop man.

Flanders has been sexy, but I've been the stupid one not starting him.

Holding Jhye Clark, as the 2 will drop out after two games. Just got to hope he stays away from the vest, gets selected to play two full games, then I can reassess. Should get $100k more from him before the byes at some stage. Need a spike game!

Not interested in Comben.

Max Gawn my only premo not playing this week.
Missed the (E) on Wilson and Darcy tonight due to forgetfulness. Ah well, not too bothered.

Next week, my 4th boost.
Howes/Mass/Zwill > H.Garcia via Graham/Roberts
Cadman/Dempsey > Biggie
Sharp/Cadman/Dempsey > Sam Walsh (via Harley Reid if required)

1713447087958.png

It never matters what they scored. The only importance is what they WILL score. I'll need to see two good scores in a row before touching any of them. Doesnt take much and suddenly they could become absolute must haves.
Dont go early on them. When they are worth buying it will be obvious, and best to buy them as they start the haul back up in price.
It will seem like the entire world is buying them at the same time, but thats ok. They wont be POD's.
MaCrae / Dale took 2 big steps today and looks like being anti bevo'd

MaCrae / Dale took 2 big steps today and looks like being anti bevo'd
Oh yeah :thumbsu::thumbsu:. It has begun. I'm not fussed about Dale. He produces these spike scores then hits you with a couple of 70's. We already have a couple of 80-85 avg guys we got cheap as chips...and they need to become SP's, not Dale types. Clohsey has fixed the annual D6 issue early this year....the most hateful slot in SC.
Macrae however is going to be a very popular boy around this 480-520K mark over the next 2-3 weeks. He has the high ceiling and HE'S A FORWARD !! I'll probably try to go Cadman > Macrae.
Everyone will get him, but thats always the deal. No point trying to save $25K though. No great hurry....Bevo is pure evil.
Confucius said..." Man who picks bottom gets smelly finger "

Last edited:
Have enough money to go up to a premo. Should I go with Rowell, Butters, Martin, or Walsh?
Do you already have Touk Touk ?

Consider your bye structures ….of this group though, i’d go Rowell …. fixture is just the AFL making sure GC play finals :moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do people think it's too late to trade in Heeney at 630k or is it still a good time to trade him in? Or are there any other upgrade good Premo upgrade options in the Fwd?

While it sucks to pay a lot more for me now you still have to get him in if you can. I'm in same boar and I will be grabbing him this week.
He might drop a little in price throughout the season, but he will almost undoubtedly be the top scoring forward and not having him when most others do will kill you every week.

Yeh, seems about right, maybe a touch more. If he can do a passable Lever/McKay/McCartin impression for a month he might make that $150k+. Pain in the ass starting price, but thinking I’ll go that way.
I'm getting him this week. Feels like we need to get every decent bubble boy we can with so many current rookies maxxing out or sitting idle

OK, so I was originally trading out Carroll this week to facilitate 2 upgrades. Due to fund limitations, the second of those was to Elliot Yeo - who is obviously looking and scoring great, was once a premo, is good value but I'd been ignoring due to his (very) extensive injury history.

With Sanders named sub, I did a switcheroo and traded out Sanders instead of Carroll. Now I have an extra $100K to spend but having talked myself into Yeo, am inclined to keep him anyway and use the $100K for all the possible upgrades on the horizon (Petracca, Stewart, English, possibly Walsh, Macrae, Adams if he goes well this week, etc.)

So, question is - is Yeo still a good trade in or now that I can, should I look elsewhere?

OK, so I was originally trading out Carroll this week to facilitate 2 upgrades. Due to fund limitations, the second of those was to Elliot Yeo - who is obviously looking and scoring great, was once a premo, is good value but I'd been ignoring due to his (very) extensive injury history.

With Sanders named sub, I did a switcheroo and traded out Sanders instead of Carroll. Now I have an extra $100K to spend but having talked myself into Yeo, am inclined to keep him anyway and use the $100K for all the possible upgrades on the horizon (Petracca, Stewart, English, possibly Walsh, Macrae, Adams if he goes well this week, etc.)

So, question is - is Yeo still a good trade in or now that I can, should I look elsewhere?
FWIW I'm getting him in this week and so are over 6,600 others. Worth a punt I reckon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back