Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I can probably do something like this as an alternative, but it would mean buying a premo this week who is about to drop cash.

View attachment 1976470

Next week I can go:

Roberts, Powell and Zilliams

To

Rozee, Tracc, Dr Jones with change.

I like that better, even if Stewart is dropping.

That should get you an extra 50+ points on field this week.

Don't @ me if RGarcia tons the next 3 weeks though, it's still your decision :moustache:
I wouldn't even be so sure that Stewart bleeds much/any cash. Despite not having a big career average against us, he'd be licking his lips at the idea of Oliver, Trac and Viney kicking it down his throat on Saturday.

I wouldn't even be so sure that Stewart bleeds much/any cash. Despite not having a big career average against us, he'd be licking his lips at the idea of Oliver, Trac and Viney kicking it down his throat on Saturday.
Would you be skipping Rarcia hoping that Doctor Jones is s a viable downgrade option?

Would you be skipping Rarcia hoping that Doctor Jones is s a viable downgrade option?
I'm not entirely convinced on Jones, as GWS already have Greene/Daniels/Bedford/Thomas. He'll be a really good little player, but I'm not sure whether he starts in the 22 when they're all fit. I'm probably more interested in Cooper Simpson next week.

Personally, taking Rarcia over Rogers this week, but that's only so that I can afford the two premos I want to bring in (Serong + Stewart).

This will be like that time, last year, when Scythe94 told me (and gutsroy) to trade in Jezza. Who got knocked out on -3.

I'd pretty sure* he said "I'm s**t hot at SC mate, trust me mate"

*I'm making this bit up.
My finest moment 😍

2 trades so far:
Zilliams>Rogers via Martin
Dempsey>Sweet via Livingstone

Trading Windsor will give me $601k, so thinking I'll now a boost (currently have 3) and go with
Windsor>Dawson

Any other alternatives I should be considering?

1714609862479.png

Meek > Sweet
Sanders > Gulden

Just bringing in PODs from now on. Adams 2 weeks ago, Sicily last week and not many teams have Gulden (I don't think). My ranking is cooked. I'm last in most cash leagues. Might as well make it fun.

2 trades so far:
Zilliams>Rogers via Martin
Dempsey>Sweet via Livingstone

Trading Windsor will give me $601k, so thinking I'll now a boost (currently have 3) and go with
Windsor>Dawson

Any other alternatives I should be considering?

View attachment 1976526
If you went Rarcia over Rogers, you could afford Serong instead of Dawson? That's what I'm doing, but was burnt by Dawson to start the year, so perhaps I'm biased.

If you went Rarcia over Rogers, you could afford Serong instead of Dawson? That's what I'm doing, but was burnt by Dawson to start the year, so perhaps I'm biased.
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Meek > Sweet
Sanders > Gulden

Just bringing in PODs from now on. Adams 2 weeks ago, Sicily last week and not many teams have Gulden (I don't think). My ranking is cooked. I'm last in most cash leagues. Might as well make it fun.
had him all year! pretty average unfortunately (Gulden) generally good for 100 though so nothing dire

20% ownership according to supercoach

in the top 10% of coaches only 7% ownership

Powell > Green
Grundy > Sweet
Williams > Martin

Pretty happy with this. Will upgrade Sweet to English in a few weeks. Don't think Powell is a keeper even with the horrible forward options on offer. Was considering Powell > Rankine, seeing as bringing in Green leaves me with an extremely strong mid (JHF at M8), but 3 rookies in the forward line, however I think the 30-40 points Green with score more than Rankine are worth having Wilson at F6.

Only other option is punting Steele for Green and keeping Powell, but I think i'll hold one more week and see just how hampered he is by his knee against North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the over / under tonight for Sweet to earn an R2 position? 75-80?
I want 100+. I think Meek can go 100-105 and he's got $50k+ left in him. If Sweet is only scoring 70-80, I'm happy for him to sit at R3 as a cash cow.

I want 100+. I think Meek can go 100-105 and he's got $50k+ left in him. If Sweet is only scoring 70-80, I'm happy for him to sit at R3 as a cash cow.
There's what you want and what you'll take. If Sweet scores 90 off the back of 136, is that worth running him at R2 for a month to free up cash and get weaker rookies off field?

I'm struggling mainly with the timing of the cash grab using Grundy. What is the cutoff score to do the Jackson/Livingstone flick at R2 each week ?

The big timing issue for me with setting up that Jackson/Sweet/Livingstone loop THIS week is that Grundy is going back to SCG where he seems to score very very well, and has a BE of just 76 and a myriad of options. {Possibly a Grundy > English trade next week for $0 if i still have the shits with him). Upshot is little to no downside risk.
Also if Grundy goes 125 this week would/should he even be on the chopping block at all ???
Even if Sweetie kills it again (as my R3 this week), its unlikely he would have scored much more than my R2 (Grundy) anyway.

Its an easy week....the only urgency i see is simply to pick up Sweet on the bubble. The same loop is available next week for Grundy/Jackson owners, and any midfield upgrades from the big cash grab will still be there for the taking...likely have more $ doing it next week.

Marshall at R2 i can understand, coz he may have picked up a niggle. But Grundy ?...coz of an 83 and a shocking 2nd qtr that pissed us off ? Not enough for me to offload...rather flog an actual problem i can see.

Right now i;m thinking

Powell > Sweet or Steele > Sweet
Cadman > Laird

Next week MAYBE Grundy > Rook.

After a month of s**t from Jackson, at least he's now proving useful.

yes Yes, TLDR
Wouldnt have needed to if that bastard Scoops didnt accuse me of being on the take :p:p

Last edited:
There's what you want and what you'll take. If Sweet scores 90 off the back of 136, is that worth running him at R2 for a month to free up cash and get weaker rookies off field?
Yeah 90+ is good enough. 70s and 80s not soo much, as I think I'll lose too many points.

My trade plans don't change too much either way, so I'm not too fussed.

But Grundy ?...coz of an 83 and a shocking 2nd qtr that pissed us off ? Not enough for me to offload...rather flog an actual problem i can see.
Grundy is averaging 105 in scoring matches this season including a 158. Take out that and he is averaging 95 and has only got over 100 once. I think it's worth taking a punt on Sweet this week if it means you can trade Grundy to someone like Green who will average 20-30 more points each week. Especially if you have Jackson for cover in the fwd line like myself and can start Sweet on the bench as a loophole option. That being said if I had more pressing options I would leave Grundy in the team, but i'd rather take the risk holding Steele who has a far higher ceiling than Grundy.

Grundy is averaging 105 in scoring matches this season including a 158. Take out that and he is averaging 95 and has only got over 100 once. I think it's worth taking a punt on Sweet this week if it means you can trade Grundy to someone like Green who will average 20-30 more points each week. Especially if you have Jackson for cover in the fwd line like myself and can start Sweet on the bench as a loophole option. That being said if I had more pressing options I would leave Grundy in the team, but i'd rather take the risk holding Steele who has a far higher ceiling than Grundy.
Couldnt disagree any more with all of that.
You are working on speculation...and u needed to remove actual scores to justify it.
I'll remove a couple of Tom Greens scores and check out his average shall i ? Maybe i should remove English and Marshall's pathetic 50's so i can make them seem a better target.
I dont work on speculation or guesswork like u seem to do....but you;re welcome to ignore an injured Steele and believe he has a higher ceiling than a fit number 1 ruck.

rd8 trades 2024.png
rd8 team.png
As someone who traded Nic Martin out after round 2 I am sick that I missed +80k, a 121.7 average and 2 extra trades up my sleeve (FFS!!) but it could be a valuable lesson. Saw he moved forward and played well on Anzac Day so watch me break him lmao - but feels like structurally this makes the most sense (also helps me keep Nyuon/Rarcia/Campbell off field). Long term thought as well, could move him back down to M8 and have him cover both lines via DPP (as I did with Dawson last year which proved handy when Naicos went down)

Can loop Williams for whoever I choose between Clohesy and Graham so that should be handy . Will probably put Sweet at R3 and bring Livingstone on field just in case catastrophe happens. Almost considering looping Rozee as well but probably not worth it unless Clark is guaranteed to not be sub or anything.

As I'm travelling across and getting down to Optus let's hope Martin racks it up and the weags win!!

Correct - I can get Serong that way, with $2k to spare.

He's on the radar, but potentially waiting a week or two and convert Massimo or Roberts to him.

Dawson/Serong/Merrett would be a great way to close out my Mids i think, so the order is based on value at the time and Dawson seems the best bet.

Rogers better JS than Garcia the other thinking here

Couldnt disagree any more with all of that.
You are working on speculation...and u needed to remove actual scores to justify it.
I'll remove a couple of Tom Greens scores and check out his average shall i ? Maybe i should remove English and Marshall's pathetic 50's so i can make them seem a better target.
I dont work on speculation or guesswork like u seem to do....but you;re welcome to ignore an injured Steele and believe he has a higher ceiling than a fit number 1 ruck.
Grundy has had 2 decent scores this year both after not playing the week before. R0 and post his bye.
It could be just a coincidence. But I think not he's scored average against some poor ruck opposition.
Not sure if it's a fitness thing or what's causing it tbh. Just an interesting pattern

Remove this Banner Ad

Back