Preview Brisbane Lions v Geelong Round 6 (Saturday 20 April 7:30PM @ Gabba)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Radio Birdman with the Hoodoo Gurus years ago in Bris. Can't remember where but it had a pretty wild vibe about it. Had a big night.

I miss seeing a good live band. Punk, Ska, Alternative my leaning, but always loved a good Aussie pub band.
We used to go to pubs and sometimes old pubs that were dives and watch bands in the eighties.
Saw these 3 kids playing at the Old Acherley hotel, great little three piece band ,the Batfinks, bit punky, only saw them this once, just a great little band. Just bands everywhere back then.
I could be easily lead astray walking into a bar and hearing something like that now.
It would be 1 for the road, and all of a sudden your waking up with a chainsaw headache and 3 naked women next to you.
Then you really wake up with just the headache . :p
a good tight band is just something else.

Quentin hull still seething from the time Fages listed Harris at full forward:

Has anyone got any idea why the Tribunal is so dumb as to walk into a precedent that was probably already there and open a can of worms.

They wanted to let him off because nothing really happened but they don't want to condone that sort of tackle. So they got themselves in a pickle.

Just give all the reasons we put up as to why it wasn't a full intended swing and that Lever was fine and mention Charlie's good character as well.

It wasn't that hard ,they didn't need to write a book.

A bob each way.

Angry fages = distracted by tribunal, charlie to have a shocker, lacklustre loss

OR

Angry fages = the edge is back baby, lions to come out and remind people it's the gabbatoir goddamnit

I think the AFL needs to decide if their impact assessment is the potential for injury, vs actual impact. The actual impact was zero, but potentially Lever could have been injured more severely if Charlie had driven him into the turf (rather than falling back and twisting).
Not to drink too much of braddsey's own bathwater here (which really only happens when there's no pee in the bath), but me and Fages seeing eye-to-eye here... see 4:30min mark of his "angry Fages" presser.

...now I'll head off to accept my nomination for this weeks' first-person self-congratulator award.

A bob each way.

Angry fages = distracted by tribunal, charlie to have a shocker, lacklustre loss

OR

Angry fages = the edge is back baby, lions to come out and remind people it's the gabbatoir goddamnit
If the AFL 's agenda is to keep in the cycle, then it's a win.

Tunstill now knows he is starting 22 so can be fully prepared for what Fagan wants from him from the start.
I think he will go much better than a lot of people think.
His disposal numbers will be all about how much midfield time he actually gets.

Prediction 19 disposals 4 marks and 5 tackles

Lyons sub in case Neale has some issues during the game.

Media hating the person more than the actual rule. Leave Charlie alone.
The last few days have been disgraceful, Whately, Lyon, Slobbo, Russell, Scott, every AFL show on radio and tv have attacked the character of Charlie. Then this afternoon Dwayne Russell tried the same thing with Fages, only it sort of backfired, as most callers backed Fages. Pathetic the lot of them

The last few days have been disgraceful, Whately, Lyon, Slobbo, Russell, Scott, every AFL show on radio and tv have attacked the character of Charlie. Then this afternoon Dwayne Russell tried the same thing with Fages, only it sort of backfired, as most callers backed Fages. Pathetic the lot of them
The VIC Media have jumped on us from the start of the year really and I think, want us to be the Grand Finalist to fall the year after missing out.
Like many have before us.

They are doing everything they can to upset any momentum we can gather.

Hopefully we use these things to help spur us on to greater heights.

Tunstill now knows he is starting 22 so can be fully prepared for what Fagan wants from him from the start.
I think he will go much better than a lot of people think.
His disposal numbers will be all about how much midfield time he actually gets.

Prediction 19 disposals 4 marks and 5 tackles

Lyons sub in case Neale has some issues during the game.

Deserves a whole game. But, in case.

Cam in the middle from the start. Bust a gut.

And Lachie,

JL is the best option for the coverage we need.

Has anyone got any idea why the Tribunal is so dumb as to walk into a precedent that was probably already there and open a can of worms.

They wanted to let him off because nothing really happened but they don't want to condone that sort of tackle. So they got themselves in a pickle.

Just give all the reasons we put up as to why it wasn't a full intended swing and that Lever was fine and mention Charlie's good character as well.

It wasn't that hard ,they didn't need to write a book.

Could've downgraded due to one of the 6 other reasons that we tabled, rather than going down the character reference path.

Muppets, never fail to surprise us this mob.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Us missing our window and sliding back down the ladder is a juicier headline compared to us winning in a redemption story to those slimy operators.
They get off on declaring a team can’t win it and can’t wait to pull the trigger on speculation on a coaches/players future.
Smug parasites. Hope Charles gives them a one handed rev and a shoosh with the other.

Could've downgraded due to one of the 6 other reasons that we tabled, rather than going down the character reference path.

Muppets, never fail to surprise us this mob.
I hope Charlie comes out tomorrow night and has his best game ever.
Just to stick it up Chris Scott.

Geez, he's testy again isn't he, almost to the point of coming across as a bit of a prick in that presser. I'm not sure there were any questions asked there where the reporter deserved to have their head taken off.

Fages was totally within his rights to put that guy back in his box.

He just kept on about it as though Charlie getting off was a great atrocity that was somehow the Lions fault.

"Go interview the Tribunal"

Loved it.

Onya Fages

Charlie has had a slower start than in 2023 but last week showed more like his better form.
Fagan mentioned why that has been the case.

However, when you look at his basic stats it is just his goal accuracy & I50'5 that is off a bit. He has missed some sitters this year too.
After 5 rounds in 2023 Charlie had kicked 13.8 had 18 tackles, 16 marks, 54 disposals & 17 I50's.
In 2024 he kicked 8.11 had 17 tackles, 21 marks, 54 disposals & 13 I50's.

In round 6 of 2023 against the Giants he kicked 7.2 at Manuka. Being wet tomorrow i doubt he gets close to that though.

These pressers are 🔥

More entertaining than match day.

“THEN INTERVIEW THE TRIBUNAL NOT ME!”

Had me in stitches.

Angry Madness GIF by reactionseditor
Love a cranky Fages , been nice for too long .Stuff the media I reckon 👌

Bom has now shifted to say rain arvo and evening, in line with the other forecast i was looking at. Gonna be a wet one.

Trying to think of our wet form. Can’t really think of a wet game last year?

But we did train in a lot of rain over summer which can’t hurt.

Bom has now shifted to say rain arvo and evening, in line with the other forecast i was looking at. Gonna be a wet one.

Trying to think of our wet form. Can’t really think of a wet game last year?

But we did train in a lot of rain over summer which can’t hurt.
We had an on and off wet game against Adelaide over there last year.

While it was raining we kicked about 1 goal 27 and Adelaide couldn't clear their defensive 50.

Then the rain stopped, Adelaide went down the other end and kicked 3 goals in 2 minutes.

Historically we have done ok in the wet in recent seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back