Preview Brisbane Lions v Geelong Round 6 (Saturday 20 April 7:30PM @ Gabba)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could've elevated Reville. Ah well.
Let's see if we'll ever see a debut this season.

The biggest debut chances are Smith or Logan as a third tall I think. For club debuts we had s**t luck with Doedee but Ryan could also compete for the third tall role.

We have plenty of younger guys that have played a few games so have technically debuted that are doing well and are above our other non-debutants on the list.

Sharp, Tunstill and Lohmann have 10, 7, and 13 games respectively and all really haven’t played more than three consecutive non-substitute games in a row (Lohmann will finally this week). Dev has 43, Prior has 35, and Madden has 13 games.

I just don’t see Brain, Reville, Torrent or Michael (1 game) bringing more into the side than the names above like I could see Fletcher do last year. Same can be said for Lane, Lloyd and Zakostelsky as well with the other options already.

The biggest debut chances are Smith or Logan as a third tall I think. For club debuts we had s**t luck with Doedee but Ryan could also compete for the third tall role.

We have plenty of younger guys that have played a few games so have technically debuted that are doing well and are above our other non-debutants on the list.

Sharp, Tunstill and Lohmann have 10, 7, and 13 games respectively and all really haven’t played more than three consecutive non-substitute games in a row (Lohmann will finally this week). Dev has 43, Prior has 35, and Madden has 13 games.

I just don’t see Brain, Reville, Torrent or Michael (1 game) bringing more into the side than the names above like I could see Fletcher do last year. Same can be said for Lane, Lloyd and Zakostelsky as well with the other options already.
IMO Bruce Reville would be ready to go, he is 23 years old and has a mature body plus has been in good form over the first 2 VFL games, agree on the others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume Conway comes in to replace Stanley in the ruck with Blicavs and De Koning helping out.
Stanley has been playing well. Listed as managed but why is he emergency. Smells to me of a late in by Scott.

Toohey also being managed but not an emergency.
Don't mind Toohey missing as he usually plays well against the Lions.

He’s just too slow and can’t give us spread or run and carry

I like the idea of us bringing JL on in the fourth and playing him on the ball for the quarter. Against tired bodies he does well. Not a 4 qtr player anymore.

Replaced one of our quickest with one our slowest
Lyons is a clearance machine and he knows how to tackle. Always happy to have him in the side. He matches up well against Geelong.

People angry we chose Lyons as our sub need to remember we didn't even use our sub last week.

Sure, a runner could get injured, but so could a key tall or a star inside mid with a bad ankle.

In hindsight we'll be able to say whether JL as sub was right or wrong, but that really lends itself to chance opposed to strategic blunders of successes. Let's be honest, we almost never have any strategy in our sub selections.

Lyons is our best player out of the team.

Any thought of getting games into younger players might be valid if we were undefeated,
Lyons to start. Tunstill to Sub.
Lester to star. Lions to win.

Lyons would be starting 22 at most clubs. He is a great choice and not a terrible sub. Much better option then Fort as sub. I'm glad those days are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back