Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 6 - Cats v Eagles Sat April 24th 1:45pm EST (GMHBA) Eagles Podcast Link in OP!

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Gees. We belted you in 2008 eh?

The 'sandwich game' at Subi was a ripper. Then another 100 pointer at KP later in the year.:eek:
The 'sandwich' game was a remarkable indication at the time of how far we'd fallen in a short space of time. We'd had a number of bad results since Round 2, but we officially arrived at rock bottom with that result and would be spending a while in that vicinity.

I didn't mind the other loss as much. We had a similar loss towards the end of 2010. Those late season games where you inject some games into the kids, understand you up against something scary, see some fight and manage to take some things away from it. All humility. We still had some shreddings of ego left to be gobbled up in the 'sandwich' game.

But Tim Kelly!

A teams home ground is where they should play finals

Just like giants do

you’re probably right but tell me why Geelong have only ever hosted 1 final, and also why you only pick out Richmond. If we look back I am sure we will find that Hawthorn & Collingwood would have had MCG finals against them too, when finishing lower.

I am thinking it’s a simple case of whingeing for whingeing’s sake where Richmond are concerned.

you’re probably right but tell me why Geelong have only ever hosted 1 final, and also why you only pick out Richmond. If we look back I am sure we will find that Hawthorn & Collingwood would have had MCG finals against them too, when finishing lower.

I am thinking it’s a simple case of whingeing for whingeing’s sake where Richmond are concerned.

It has to do with money and getting people through the gate, it has nothing to do with bias towards MCG clubs, anyone who says that has sour grapes, Cats possibly could have made another GF or two along the way if they did play finals at KP, but you need to win at G anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah its a fair point

The reason i bring richmond up is that its richmond being more recent.

Predictably cats win with eagles outs, but eagles away from home are a worry for Simpson.
We are done this year that is for sure, no way near it.

(a) Yeo is not back till after the bye and even then has missed a year of footy he it will take him a while we are not expecting the 2017 to 2019 All Australian Version
(b) Shuey the same has a lot of soft tissue injuries
(c) JK is 34
(d) Hurn the same
(e) Ryan is out for two months
(f) Rioli wont be back till august
(g) Gov who knows

Even if the above come back we are not guaranteed to win anything

It has to do with money and getting people through the gate, it has nothing to do with bias towards MCG clubs, anyone who says that has sour grapes, Cats possibly could have made another GF or two along the way if they did play finals at KP, but you need to win at G anyway.
Every other club (except North, Saints, Dogs) gets the right to play all their finals up to the PF at their home ground. Not sure why our 4 clubs, the most marginalised in the comp, get the shaft once again.

Grand final day is a whole different beast, it's nothing like a PF. The crowd is way more neutral.

WA derby next week now really interesting.

Gotta expect a big reaction, but Freo confidence would be massively boosted watching that.

Eagles flat trackers they were up early no excuses for being off their game they don't wanna win they are just happy to win at home & make finals every year.
If we win every single game at home - which we have never done….

thats 12 games

but heres the thing - in 2018 - the year we won the flag - we won 9 games out of the 12 at optus.

9 is a long way from coming 8th.

gotta win at least 12-13

I'll give you a medal

you beat the team thats 2nd last FFS
And you got thrashed by the team that thrashed us - in your own ground

and you called us mentally weak.

we had to play awsy against a team with the best home ground advantage in the league

and you called us mentally weak

Back