Unofficial Preview Round 7 v Giants, Anzac Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Another disappointing loss last night, after a few already this year.

Tough conditions and only a short break it’ll be interesting to see how we back up.

McKenna has to come back in, I think. Lyons out and maybe Ah Chee sub.

Lachie could be a watch to see if he gets up too. In footage I saw from training last week he was wincing every time he went to kick the footy so he’s clearly not right. If he does miss Lyons would probably get a reprieve rightly or wrongly.

Another disappointing loss last night, after a few already this year.

Tough conditions and only a short break it’ll be interesting to see how we back up.

McKenna has to come back in, I think. Lyons out and maybe Ah Chee sub.

Lachie could be a watch to see if he gets up too. In footage I saw from training last week he was wincing every time he went to kick the footy so he’s clearly not right. If he does miss Lyons would probably get a reprieve rightly or wrongly.

I'd go the same changes. Ah Chee started the season ok but doesn't really contribute much to the team

Of course forgot about Oscar. Last I heard it was just concussion. I’d like to see us give Smith a debut as I believe we need to start planning our future beyond Oscar/Fort. Dunno whether the coaches will agree or not.
Unless we have no other choice, Fagan is very unlikely to go for a first gamer in an important role for this team.

Expect Darcy Fort to get the nod.

We could win this game to make our season seem more bizarre considering that hogan and toby green are under the microscope for some bumps and chin punches

So GWS will have Taylor, Greene, Coniglio and Hogan out.

Maybe their 4 best players this year so far.

Hopefully will be dry conditions, just need to get it done.

Is McInerney out for concussion protocols? or for a broken cheek bone?

Don’t think there’s been official word on the damage itself, but the club doctor reportedly gave Fages a thumbs up after assessing the wound/facial bone structure (before going down for a concussion test) as per Lynchy last night.

I'd go the same changes. Ah Chee started the season ok but doesn't really contribute much to the team

Ah Chee struggles with being so versatile. He’s meant to be playing half forward and rotate through the wing but had moved everywhere due to injuries.

Went to the wing and halfback are Coleman went down in the opening round. Did the exact same when McKenna got hurt in round one. Then had to take a lot more wing rotations because Dev lost his spot to Lohmann.

It really sucks for him to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Big O and Lyons
In: Fort and McKenna

I'd also either swap Gardiner down back for Payne up forward or drop Gardiner. Gardiner forward doesn't work. Could debut Morris.

Outs- Oscar McInerney, Darcy Gardiner, James Tunstill.

Ins- Darcy Fort, Conor McKenna, Bruce Reville.

Sub- Shadeau Brain.

Out: Big O and Lyons
In: Fort and McKenna

I'd also either swap Gardiner down back for Payne up forward or drop Gardiner. Gardiner forward doesn't work. Could debut Morris.
I like your thinking, I thought Payne dropped his head like he did against Carlton and Fagan dropped him then. i think he could be ripped again and Gardnier moved back with Morris getting a run if for nothing else but to signal the forward line is not set in stone.

I get the concept of Gardnier up forward as he can tag the good 'interceptors' and bring it to ground but there is a cost payoff of sacrificing shots on goal. Payne, certainly one of my favourite players since drafted is just turning into a sook it seems or at least the body language shows he wont fight back after a first beating.

Thought Tunstill showed promise last night in game one with the big boys and Reville was ok in the VFL maybe into the squad with Smith as emergencies to experience the build up and feel part of the squad. McKenna a definitely in and Fort to replace Oscar. Lyons out and Eric and Joe to swap positions. Also Cameron to the pocket to crumb Hipwoods drops in the goal square.

I think Tunstill deserves a run of games. He did well last night and I’d like to see him play in conditions which favour his strengths. The only thing he did which YOU NEVER DO is didn’t give a handball off to Hughy at one stage.

I like your thinking, I thought Payne dropped his head like he did against Carlton and Fagan dropped him then. i think he could be ripped again and Gardnier moved back with Morris getting a run if for nothing else but to signal the forward line is not set in stone.

I get the concept of Gardnier up forward as he can tag the good 'interceptors' and bring it to ground but there is a cost payoff of sacrificing shots on goal. Payne, certainly one of my favourite players since drafted is just turning into a sook it seems or at least the body language shows he wont fight back after a first beating.
He's been doing it for a while now . You would've thought the kick up the backside after the first game would've been so huge as to really fire him up but he was back at it again on a few occasions last night.

I seriously don't know what the answer is with him because it's a terrible look and just stands out when everyone else on the ground seems to be busting their clacker.

I think Tunstill deserves a run of games. He did well last night and I’d like to see him play in conditions which favour his strengths. The only thing he did which YOU NEVER DO is didn’t give a handball off to Hughy at one stage.
I didn't mind his game either in what were very testing conditions . Showed some smarts on a few occasions. And at least put himself in and got his head over the ball when his turn came.

Even with Zorko and Wilmott playing well we are missing some speed, creativity and unpredictability off half back. Hopefully McKenna in helps that.

Will depend on how they adjust to Canberra evening cold weather...can get annoyingly cold. A day game would have been ideal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back