Review Round 7, 2024 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep and we even had the opening clearance and Daniher shot on goal in the third quarter which Joe sprayed. All GWS from there.

Goalless third quarter. How many goalless quarters have we had this year? 2 goals in total the second half.
Hipwood does this often.
Has a shot misses goes up the other end for a goal.
Honestly our main 3 forwards miss a lot
You think we be setup for it

Gardiner, Fort have to come out.

I think Fagan has to drop one or two other players for lack of effort. Plenty to choose from but maybe Lohmann and Hipwood or Cameron

Advantage advantage!! Hahahah
I'll take the bait.

Honestly, if trolling an opposition board on bigfooty is the best thing you have to do in the evening of a public holiday, you should probably reassess your life choices.

I can only assume you're single. Probably overweight. More than likely suffer from depression/anxiety.

Go get a gym membership. Book an appointment with a psychologist. Download Tinder/Bumble and start talking to people. Things will change for you.

I put that on the players. Can’t speak for the second half effort, but coaches can’t kick goals.
100% although 18 of the players know they never be dropped
It be the you kids again.

Lyons 100% odds on to play next week.
Although honestly Lyons puts in more effort then a few out there
Although he is not the answer.

Gardiner, Fort have to come out.

I think Fagan has to drop one or two other players for lack of effort. Plenty to choose from but maybe Lohmann and Hipwood or Cameron
Yep, Charlie is a worry, he has fallen off a cliff this year, turns 30 in a few months, hopefully his speed hasn't dropped that little bit too much and has made all the difference.

Yep, Charlie is a worry, he has fallen off a cliff this year, turns 30 in a few months, hopefully his speed hasn't dropped that little bit too much and has made all the difference.
Cameron and Linc do NOT have the speed they had earlier in their careers.

Said before but I think when the end comes for Charlie, it’ll come quick. He has never really had anything else in his game other then “out of this world” speed, which in itself is almost the greatest (or luckiest) skill to have.

The problem with that is once that starts to go with age, you’ve never really had any other strings to your bow because you haven’t needed it.

It wouldn’t surprise if this was his last contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll take the bait.

Honestly, if trolling an opposition board on bigfooty is the best thing you have to do in the evening of a public holiday, you should probably reassess your life choices.

I can only assume you're single. Probably overweight. More than likely suffer from depression/anxiety.

Go get a gym membership. Book an appointment with a psychologist. Download Tinder/Bumble and start talking to people. Things will change for you.
I just assumed he’s had one too many watching the ANZAC day double header

I know Rich finished up mid year last season and we went on to make the granny but our whole game plan was built around the drive and ball movement that Rich and Kiddy provided. Without either this year our ball movement looks stagnant and it brings the rest of our game undone. In addition to this the injuries/lack of form when playing in regards to McKenna and Bailey makes us look super slow.

I made the call before the game that if we lost id become a token gws fan for the rest of the year (except against us).

I always did look good on orange.

Wish me luck, I'm of to meet my new friends..
I wont become a Giants fan but of all the teams in with a shot at the flag this season they are the ones I would prefer win it.

No way I want one of the Melbourne clubs or the Cats to win it.

Ideal GF for me would be Giants beating Port or Pies by 120 points.

I wont become a Giants fan but of all the teams in with a shot at the flag this season they are the ones I would prefer win it.

I’d enjoy a GWS v Swans grand final.

I know many hate Port in here due to the 2004 GF but I’d rather them win it over the Cats, Blues, Pies or Demons as well.

Haha as a gws fan I appreciate your support.

I think we have had arguably the toughest draw in the comp so far and it's not as bad as it looks. Certainly not the "end of an era" stuff the media are already starting with.

Carlton - top 3 favs for flag
Freo away - Round 1 they were flying and super pumped up
Collingwood - flogged in the media all week leading up to it, massive bounce back factor
North- win
Melbourne - win
Geelong - wet as it gets against the best wet weather team in the comp
GWS - lost away to premiership favs

Maybe with a 5 day break and a game as wet as the last one was, we were just cooked...

Other trend I'm noticing is teams kicking super accurately against us, while we kick poorly ourselves. The stats definitely show this in our losses.

now we play Gold Coast, Adelaide, Richmond, Hawks, Dogs, Saints, Port, Melb, Adelaide, West Coast in the next ten, and we have the ability to win 7 or 8 of those.

I'm not giving up yet.

I was at the MCG for the Melbourne game a couple of weeks ago. I can't understand why they can put on masterclass that week, but throw up crap like this tonight.
Im still wondering if that was about Melbourne being flat as us pumped. We were more upbeat but every other team has pushed back and we crumbled. Melbourne never really came back at us

Back