Autopsy Round 4, 2024 - GIANTS vs GCS, 12.30 pm AEST April 7th, Adelaide Hills

Remove this Banner Ad

XOH with the usual one good thing for the quarter.

Everything else is below par.

And I'd drop Whitfield on today's performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All credit to the Suns, they played well. Some really good performances from their less experienced guys - Mac Andrew, Bailey Humphrey, Sam Clohesy & Jed Walter in patches. We had said that we expected Suns to stick with us for the first half ... well they stuck with us for a good three quarters and a bit. Only in the last did we manage to squeeze away. Our guys were a bit lacklustre - I think some was self-generated, and some from the Suns playing well. Some good highlights, but mixed with some poor efforts.

In the end, Toby dragged us over the line was an excellent performance. Jesse was good, 4 goals, and a bunch of nearly marks. Cogs came good after the first quarter. Briggs improved too - well beaten in hitouts, but grabbed 9 clearances to Witts' 3, so a solid result. But definitely several players down. Kingers better work out how to get them to back to 100% effort for next week's Manuka game.

I'm pretty satisfied with that win, more or less what I expected. Suns stuck with us for most of it but in the end our experience and talent won out while their young players fell of a bit. Far from our best performance but we we got the win and we're 4-0 to start the seasons which is amazing. Especially given how slow we usually start.

Toby had a great performance but unfortunately I'd say he almost certainly gets a week for that tackle on Mac Andrew. Might be an opportunity to debut Darcy Jones in his place.

Toby had a great performance but unfortunately I'd say he almost certainly gets a week for that tackle on Mac Andrew. Might be an opportunity to debut Darcy Jones in his place.
Yes, unfortunately that’s what the commentators were saying too - Toby out for a week ☹️

Mac Andrew should get 3 Brownlow votes, irrespective of the result.

Has smashed our forward line.
Plenty of intercepts, but he also had 10 turnovers himself.
An attractive mixed bag in reality

Remove this Banner Ad

Back