Autopsy Round 7 2024 - GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Thursday 25 April, 7.30 pm AEST @ Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Game day. A chilly dawn this morning at the War Memorial, turning into a beautiful sunny day in the capital. However, expect tonight to get cool for this game. I daresay neither side will really relish those conditions, but it's the performance that will be telling. Which side can bounce back from last week's defeat? Hopefully, despite the outs, it will be GWS. To do so, the midfield must stand up, in both the contest and team defence. Without Sam Taylor, we're leaving too much for the defenders to do if they have to combat a lot of ball coming in.

Congrats to Darcy Jones on your debut, and also to Jack Buckley for 50 games.

C'mon Giants, let's make Manuka a fortress and get a strong win tonight!

GWS v BN.PNG

It promises to be an exciting game. We have never ever beaten the Lions in the two games we have played at Manuka, although the market has us as slight favourites tonight.

Really looking forward to the atmosphere of the first ever night Anzac Day match for us in the Capital - there was a previous Anzac Day AFL match in Canberra, but that game against Gold Coast during 2015 and started at 1730.

Last edited:

I reaaaaaally want Tom Green to have a monster. He’s been a bit quiet, but his last 4-6 games last year, he was taking over…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I reaaaaaally want Tom Green to have a monster. He’s been a bit quiet, but his last 4-6 games last year, he was taking over…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I reckon there's a good chance he'll make a good showing for his fan club in Canberra.

I really want Briggs to have a big game. He's been struggling the last couple of matches, but with McInerney out and Darcy Fort in the ruck, this a great opportunity for him to dominate and get back into some good form. Would really help our midfield too.

Really hope Darcy jones doesn’t start sub. I reckon he is going to be good for us.

However I get the feeling he will play a full game if Daniels doesn’t get up and will be sub to cover him if he doesn’t make it though.

Giants by 10

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I thought that after Callum Brown’s “debut” as a sub, where he didn’t end up playing a game, our club now plays debutants in the starting 22?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please not Kelli
Please not Kelli
Please not Kelli
Please not Dwayne
Please not Dwayne
Please not Dwayne
Please not Dermie
Please not Dermie
Please not Dermie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back