Preview Round 5 2024 - GWS Giants vs St Kilda, 1.45 pm Saturday 13 April @ Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see couple locations popping up for Giants fans to gather in Sydney.

Remember last year looking for pubs to watch a live and loud game and failing. Best we could do is a game on mute.

Great work by all for getting this up and running. Won't mind seeing a couple more places pop up, far Western Sydney and SW Sydney could do with a location but this is a great start. Hopefully good showing to keep these places showing our game live and loud.

Won't be attending any of these events as I'll be heading down to Canberra tomorrow. Looking forward to it :D

Feels like it's been a longtime since footy (opening round/round 1) and my mate has commented the same. Keen as.

Local hero Tom Green’s battle with the (other Local Canberran) Jack Steele will be interesting

Remember last year looking for pubs to watch a live and loud game and failing. Best we could do is a game on mute.

Great work by all for getting this up and running. Won't mind seeing a couple more places pop up, far Western Sydney and SW Sydney could do with a location but this is a great start. Hopefully good showing to keep these places showing our game live and loud.

Won't be attending any of these events as I'll be heading down to Canberra tomorrow. Looking forward to it :D

Feels like it's been a longtime since footy (opening round/round 1) and my mate has commented the same.

TheyMayBecomeGiants podcast has been running the whole away pubs thing and it appears to be catching on.

Feels like it's been a longtime since footy (opening round/round 1) and my mate has commented the same.

How many do you expect to attend? But hopefully will herald a new culture for supporters watching games they can’t attend

TheyMayBecomeGiants podcast has been running the whole away pubs thing and it appears to be catching on.

Looks like it and I couldn't be happier :D Last event was somewhere about double the first for attendance just based off observation.

Having not had a venue to gather last season then experiencing the feel at Coopers Inn in Melbourne (Giants supporter pub in Melbourne) towards the end of last season had me questioning why we don't have somewhere to gather closer to our home ground in Sydney.

It's nice to have somewhere outside of home to watch our away games where the vibe is great. Looking forward to the next event for the Carlton game.

How many do you expect to attend? But hopefully will herald a new culture for supporters watching games they can’t attend

Unsure, I was a bit surprised with the turnout last Sunday, wasn't expecting so many to come. I will be in Canberra so won't be able to report.

The events this Saturday look to be hosted by the pubs themselves rather than an event hosted by They May Become Giants podcast and this Saturday's events have been less publicised.

I only saw these events appear today and the club has not included these locations in separate communications like they do with the They May Become Giants podcast hosted event. Was about 60ish people last Sunday at the Hudson which may dip if people aren't aware that the Hudson is putting on their own watch event on tomorrow.

Seems these events have been a good catalyst and the venues want to host them so should hopefully be a good showing to keep them going. Definitely hope we do continue to develop a culture of supporters coming together.

Last edited:
Tipped to be perfect football weather tomorrow afternoon in the nation's capital, 20 degrees and clear skies.

I think we will go close to a full stadium.

Based on online chatter, seems we have a few coming down from Sydney, some for the first time which is pleasing to see.

Sidenote, would be interested to know what the club data is on how many come to Canberra games from Sydney and those from Canberra to Sydney, especially this year given how the team are playing.

Based on online chatter, seems we have a few coming down from Sydney, some for the first time which is pleasing to see.

Sidenote, would be interested to know what the club data is on how many come to Canberra games from Sydney and those from Canberra to Sydney, especially this year given how the team are playing.
Would also like the figures for the Vics that come.

that would be good, but looking for the reverse angle which shows the front side of the tackle. there was someone on here saying that they had seen it.
I saw it …. It was one the afl.com.au site …. He didn’t lift him off the ground dlanod must be drinking :)
He also didn’t pin his arms and ended with just a hand around Andrew’s waist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back