Autopsy Round 5 2024 - GWS Giants vs St Kilda, 1.45 pm Saturday 13 April @ Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I might be on an island here but anyone not think Whitfield's kickng isn't what it used to be? His running is still really dynamic and a big weapon but he just doesn't seem to open up play with his kicking anymore or fit things into really tight windows. Happy to put up with a player that turns it over at a high rate if it means they're also creating big opportunities for us but just don't think he does that all that often. Ironic considering his numbers are career-best this season, not disputing he's a great player but his kicking seems to get a lot of praise and I'm just not sure I see it.

I might be on an island here but anyone not think Whitfield's kickng isn't what it used to be? His running is still really dynamic and a big weapon but he just doesn't seem to open up play with his kicking anymore or fit things into really tight windows. Happy to put up with a player that turns it over at a high rate if it means they're also creating big opportunities for us but just don't think he does that all that often. Ironic considering his numbers are career-best this season, not disputing he's a great player but his kicking seems to get a lot of praise and I'm just not sure I see it.
He goes for a lot.
He was involved in 11 scoring chains from half back, that is pretty damaging

Couldn't watch live, so just caught up. I think the Cogs injury rocked us, looked real bad at the time. Ball movement and setup is really good. Ash bounced back really good, Thomas has been a revelation, Wehr played good. Last week I felt we looked a bit heavey legged, this week we really looked tired. I feel like at this point of the season you have rotate players through. We have a few looking banged up a bit, Briggs, Chook, Hogan. The next few games won't be easy.

85% disposal efficiency on 34 possessions on the weekend (averaging 83% across the year) I wouldn’t have described that as a particularly high rate of turnover.

He's always turned it over more than you think, because he often goes for the more attacking/risky option when coming through the middle.

I see wankley and the Vic media are claiming we got an unfair advantage in kingers talking to the players after the Taylor injury …. They want it banned :)

I see wankley and the Vic media are claiming we got an unfair advantage in kingers talking to the players after the Taylor injury …. They want it banned :)
And Ross raced straight down to the sidelines & did the same.

Also what rules are broken? Not a single player stepped over the line out of the field of play and not a single coach, or bench player stepped onto the ground.

Same with the saints when they did it.

Smart, I would have said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back