Preview Round 5 2024 - GWS Giants vs St Kilda, 1.45 pm Saturday 13 April @ Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I find it really difficult to get a handle on where the saints are at in 2024. They have started a few rounds poorly but have fought back to gain some good wins.

Very difficult to know what type of team we will come up against on Saturday
Wherever they sit, they are a team that we must beat (especially at home) if we are serious contenders in 2024. Cannot afford to drop winnable games.

Reckon we've been playing sustainably to go the distance for the season and each game.

We'll click when it matters most IMO, and nothing so far has really given indication that we won't do that.

Kingsley alluded to that at the end of the Suns game when he said he was pleased with our effort and that the aim is to be playing our best footy later in the season/September.

Hopeful of a Giants win.

Team:

FB: Harry Perryman, Sam Taylor, Connor Idun
HB: Lachie Whitfield, Jack Buckley, Lachie Ash
C: Jacob Wehr, Josh Kelly, Finn Callaghan
HF: Brent Daniels, Jake Riccardi, Toby Bedford
FF: Toby Greene, Jesse Hogan, Callum Brown
RR: Kieren Briggs, Stephen Coniglio, Tom Green

Interchange: Xavier O’Halloran, Harvey Thomas, Harry Himmelberg, Aaron Cadman, James Peatling

In: -
Out: -

Emergencies: Nick Haynes, Ryan Angwin and Max Gruzewski

Team:

FB: Harry Perryman, Sam Taylor, Connor Idun
HB: Lachie Whitfield, Jack Buckley, Lachie Ash
C: Jacob Wehr, Josh Kelly, Finn Callaghan
HF: Brent Daniels, Jake Riccardi, Toby Bedford
FF: Toby Greene, Jesse Hogan, Callum Brown
RR: Kieren Briggs, Stephen Coniglio, Tom Green

Interchange: Xavier O’Halloran, Harvey Thomas, Harry Himmelberg, Aaron Cadman, James Peatling

In: -
Out: -

Emergencies: Nick Haynes, Ryan Angwin and Max Gruzewski

No 300th for Wardy against the swans then. Either against the bombers away if he comes back next week or against the dogs at home if the week after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% doesn’t mean we didn’t think we let one get away last season, because we all do.
It's weird, I was pretty sure the Lions would lose to the Pies, but I'm also pretty sure GWS would have lost to the Lions. It's one of those "just a year too early" things where the team appears out of nowhere, kind of like 2016 - but then that ended up being our best chance that time around, somewhat devastatingly.

Keen to see how our pressure half forwards cope with the new and improved Saints halfback rebound game style. Big game needed from Bedford, Daniels and Thomas do against NWM and Sinclair.

Taylor v King is always entertaining, excited to witnessTaylor take on king when he is a bit more healthy.

I foresee a big game for Brown, I don't think the Saints have someone who can play on him with his speed height combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back