Preview Round 6 2024 – Carlton vs GWS Giants, Saturday April 20, 4.35pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If our pressure is up and their mids distribution inside 50 is rushed like late last year we will be a huge chance

I’m expecting us to lose the clearance battle but win the game
Their clearance work has been way off their form from last year, they have been relying on movement to score. But they’ve just lost their two best distributors for this game. It’ll be interesting to see what they go to for this game.

Hope we win, my two Carlton mates were all up and about before last weeks loss and I’d love to have this one over them.

I watched a replay of the blues game and Zac Williams looks sore as * as well …. Looks to be carrying an ankle. Hope Bedford really pressures him

Without Gov and Saad they are going to be so reliant on Williams to exit d50. If our forwards sit on Williams and keep the pressure up we should create a heap of F50 turnover opportunities

Their ball movement is already pretty grim so missing 2 dangerous users like Saad and Gov is gonna hurt them even more, think we should have them this week
Genuinely what has surprised me has been their ability in the first month to create turnover ball. I didnt think they had a list that could do that as their midfield is full of stoppage players

Tbh I think their strength is stoppages and as their mids come
Back into the team I think they will be even more stoppage focused and slower.

I dont think their turnover game is strong enough to last a season and when in doubt they will move back to stoppages and slow ball movement

Suits us nicely tbh

I want GWS to win for sure. But who covers Harry McKay? Imo Curnow is the danger man so Buckley should get him. Also who comes in for Cog?

In: Callan Ward and Leek Aleer

Ward replaces Stephen Coniglio and Leek Aleer comes in to replace Sam Taylor.

FB: Harry Perryman, Harry Himmelberg, Connor Idun
HB: Lachie Whitfield, Jack Buckley, Lachie Ash
C: Jacob Wehr, Josh Kelly, Finn Callaghan
HF: Brent Daniels, Jake Riccardi, Toby Bedford
FF: Toby Greene, Jesse Hogan, Callum Brown
RR: Kieren Briggs, Callan Ward, Tom Green

Interchange: Xavier O’Halloran, Harvey Thomas, Leek Aleer, Aaron Cadman, James Peatling

In: Callan Ward, Leek Aleer
Out: Sam Taylor (concussion), Stephen Coniglio (knee)

Emergencies: Nick Haynes, Ryan Angwin, Max Gruzewski

In: Callan Ward and Leek Aleer

Ward replaces Stephen Coniglio and Leek Aleer comes in to replace Sam Taylor.

FB: Harry Perryman, Harry Himmelberg, Connor Idun
HB: Lachie Whitfield, Jack Buckley, Lachie Ash
C: Jacob Wehr, Josh Kelly, Finn Callaghan
HF: Brent Daniels, Jake Riccardi, Toby Bedford
FF: Toby Greene, Jesse Hogan, Callum Brown
RR: Kieren Briggs, Callan Ward, Tom Green

Interchange: Xavier O’Halloran, Harvey Thomas, Leek Aleer, Aaron Cadman, James Peatling

In: Callan Ward, Leek Aleer
Out: Sam Taylor (concussion), Stephen Coniglio (knee)

Emergencies: Nick Haynes, Ryan Angwin, Max Gruzewski
I'm ok with the ins. Happy for Leek to get another opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expected it to be Haynes, but I'm happy to see Leek get a go. With his size and leap he could be a good fit to nullify McKay.

Guess we'll see on Saturday.

Thought Haynes would have been better instead of Aleer?
If Haynes comes in...Himmelberg becomes the 1on1 defender.
If Leek comes in....Himmelberg can play his usual role as the spare and be more attacking.

I think it's as simple as that. Keep the same structure. Next player up.

Sucks for Haynes but if Himmel goes down....he'll be good to go.

Interestingly, Carlton have made minimal changes to last week's team, and retained their two ruckman structure. Forced changes being Lewis Young for McGovern & Lachie Cowan for Saad:

Carlton Rd 6 v GWS
Backs:Lachie CowanJacob WeiteringBrodie Kemp
Half-backs:Zac WilliamsLewis YoungNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Charlie CurnowHarry McKayMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsAlex CincottaHudson O'Keeffe

Hey guys, going to the game on Saturday and will be my first away game. Where do GWS fans normally sit as I wanna be surrounded by friendly faces. Cheers!

Keen to see Leek get a go think we all really liked how he progressed in his 4 games at the end of his first year, hasn't gotten a look in since but hardly his fault.

Keen to see Leek get a go think we all really liked how he progressed in his 4 games at the end of his first year, hasn't gotten a look in since but hardly his fault.
I hope Aleer plays well and is instrumental in us beating Carlton. It’s just a more riskier option though given that the last time Aleer played AFL was 609 days ago! But Kingsley obviously thinks Leek is a better choice, and so far Kingsley has been spot on with his selections.

I hope Aleer plays well and is instrumental in us beating Carlton. It’s just a more riskier option though given that the last time Aleer played AFL was 609 days ago! But Kingsley obviously thinks Leek is a better choice, and so far Kingsley has been spot on with his selections.
Not really risky. Picking the next best key defender when Taylor got injured seems obvious. There is a structure that they obviously want to retain. HH or Idun go down and Haynes will be in.

Also why I think Cumming will be in the same boat as Haynes when fit. If everyone is fit there isn’t an available spot

I’m amazed we are still paying $2. We will win this. Carlton will struggle to defend us in transition and will likely struggle to transition from D50 themselves. Severely lacking leg speed and missing some of their better ball users.

Hey guys, going to the game on Saturday and will be my first away game. Where do GWS fans normally sit as I wanna be surrounded by friendly faces. Cheers!
According to a post elsewhere the cheer squad are sitting in bay 25 so near there would be good.

Looks like the away team seating has been exhausted so cannot see on the seating map but I imagine it would be near the cheer squad.

Behind the cheer squad or normally there will be a group on the wing on ground level. Other than that there will be the odd few scattered around. Docklands stadium is fully ticketed so you have to reserve a seat, you can't just find the cheer squad end and sit there. Our end used to depend on who we were playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back