Autopsy Round 6 2024 – Carlton vs GWS Giants, Saturday April 20, 4.35pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a bit to and fro on this, but maybe just a little bit less social media is required at the moment.

When I see Tom Green getting a photo pre-match. smiling at the camera with the head band, it makes me wander whether the players are totally focussed on what's ahead.
Agree with you 100%.

Midfield got taught a lesson and shows the class of Walsh and Cripps and they always had the ability to score with the tall forwards and it just shows if you are off a small amount what the opposition can do. Hope they take it as a learning experience and we see a better performance on Thursday night

I think we got a bit ahead of ourselves perhaps.
This will hopefully make us realise we can't play too flashy, which we can be at times.
It also highlights we need a better backup ruck option. I don't know what that is though.
Perhaps our best backup is Himmelberg.

I do hate that the swans went above us as a result. Have to fix that in a couple of weeks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We scored 98 points with little input from Toby. Even with a midfield smashing we can still score. I would of used a more defensive minded mid than what we went with, maybe Ward was supposed to be and had a shocker. Dunno who we've got to do it because Pez's form hasn't been great so it kinda robs us a bit if it doesn't work. Cogs is really pivotal to how our midfield sets up, gets involved in a lot of rebound at CHB and straightens us up. Teams have also had a few weeks to look at our movement. Lachie has had trouble finding targets the last few matches. I'm missing Harrys long kicks from last year, it's such a weapon.

How was Greene worse than Maynard last year?

It's not IMO, Greene clearly had eyes for the ball & jumped to contest. There was nothing in that IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eyes on the ball to me...
View attachment 1967076

He certainly did. But the tribunal will say he should have taken the chest mark and didn’t have to turn.

But I hope the club uses Maynard’s as an example of once you have committed to the ball and are in the air, what can you do.

Hope he gets off. Can’t see how Hogan gets off though. That was a bit silly

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back