Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
still unsure whether to do wilson > thomas or get rid of red dot in Zach Reid > Clohesy

I would never trade in a rookie on their first game. Too many ways for it backfire.

They could score 30 and dropped, you haven't seen the role. They could get injured.

If it's the second game and they look good and have a negative BE, you're protected in a lot of ways.

I would never trade in a rookie on their first game. Too many ways for it backfire.

They could score 30 and dropped, you haven't seen the role. They could get injured.

If it's the second game and they look good and have a negative BE, you're protected in a lot of ways.
I'm trading Clohesy in and blaming RowellAnderson12 if it goes wrong. That's what TedDougChris would do.

Agree but when the alternative is Thomas its basically same-same in my mind.

Thomas has scored 18, 35, and 100.
That 100 counts for nothing in my opinion as it was during a training session.

I can see a world where he has 0 impact this next match, gets subbed, and is promptly changed with Darcy Jones the week after.

And if it doesnt happen this week. It's always going to be 1 week away with Thomas.

I dont see any difference in throwing a total dart at Clohesy. Actually I'm on it now. He's 21. Wing spot named on field (Thomas is on extended bench). There are spots up for grabs at GCS. He is filling Ellis' spot now who was subbed out round 1 and collected 8 disposals in an entire game round 2 = cooooooked.

Lastly, Howes sucked. He goes next week. And for who? There are no defender options outside Clohesy. So I'm thinking grab him this week. Then Howes to another rookie who surfaces (McCauliffe or other) via DPP.

I'm trading Clohesy in and blaming RowellAnderson12 if it goes wrong. That's what TedDougChris would do.

I’ll take the blame, Tbf that d6-8 is a dead spot anyways, you could of started gibcus pink Dean Reid and be stuffed.

All I know is we have no wingers and dimma playing the kids, and if Clohesy is sub I’ll just pivot to Will Graham

I’ll take the blame, Tbf that d6-8 is a dead spot anyways, you could of started gibcus pink Dean Reid and be stuffed.

All I know is we have no wingers and dimma playing the kids, and if Clohesy is sub I’ll just pivot to Will Graham
Yeah seems relatively safe that you can pivot to the other on Sunday if you're inclined. I'll be grabbing one of them next week.

Agree but when the alternative is Thomas its basically same-same in my mind.

Thomas has scored 18, 35, and 100.
That 100 counts for nothing in my opinion as it was during a training session.

I can see a world where he has 0 impact this next match, gets subbed, and is promptly changed with Darcy Jones the week after.

And if it doesnt happen this week. It's always going to be 1 week away with Thomas.

I dont see any difference in throwing a total dart at Clohesy. Actually I'm on it now. He's 21. Wing spot named on field (Thomas is on extended bench). There are spots up for grabs at GCS. He is filling Ellis' spot now who was subbed out round 1 and collected 8 disposals in an entire game round 2 = cooooooked.

Lastly, Howes sucked. He goes next week. And for who? There are no defender options outside Clohesy. So I'm thinking grab him this week. Then Howes to another rookie who surfaces (McCauliffe or other) via DPP.

Agree about Thomas though still might go there

I've gone Lazarro to Dempsey (so far, depending on Cats subs, can always edit to Gallagher) and holding the other for now

Bonner being sub worries me a bit

I figure it's low risk-high reward for me as I've got Howes, Williams and Coffield to deal with. Worst case scenario is he becomes another red dot but Howes is done.

Agree about Thomas though still might go there

I've gone Lazarro to Dempsey (so far, depending on Cats subs, can always edit to Gallagher) and holding the other for now

Bonner being sub worries me a bit
I keep ping ponging around. They're all so different.

Dempsey -> Too exxy. Missed the boat. JS is maximum. Scoring potential is the highest. But surely can't keep this up and if he scores some 50's his price plateaus quick. I still don't think I'd want him on my field but maybe over someone like sharp. Picking him over someone like Clohsey is $230k less money to use elsewhere! Elite depth for bye rounds coming.

Galagher -> $337k expensive. JS good. Scoring ok? One good score but against the eagles. 50s otherwise which is servicable but won't lead to much ($450k maybe?). Handy depth for bye rounds coming.

Thomas -> $267k. Cheapish. 100 in the system guarantees a good sugar hit. Scoring potential poor. Job security poor. 18yr old small forward so really we're expecting miracles to happen. Darcy Jones highly touted and who they had in line so one trip and Thomas is gone (as early as next week...)

Clohsey. $200k. Bargain basement. Maximise cash in bank. Howes has to go so could jump now and do the swapout next week. Misses the boat on the list above. Other rookie options may not surface next week and then what?

My thinking is:
Dempsey - Structurally makes no sense for me as he'd be bench or F6 through byes. Sanders coming in with DPP forward shunts him straight out again once we're back to 22.
Thomas - Horrible JS. Almost guaranteed dead spot in 2-3weeks time. Not worth the sugar hit in my opinion as we'll have better things to be doing then than cashing him in.

Gallagher V Clohsey I think is my remaining decision and it probably boils down to how confident I am of there being another rookie option next week to choose from (eg. McCauliffe or Hall).

I keep ping ponging around. They're all so different.

Dempsey -> Too exxy. Missed the boat. JS is maximum. Scoring potential is the highest. But surely can't keep this up and if he scores some 50's his price plateaus quick. I still don't think I'd want him on my field but maybe over someone like sharp. Picking him over someone like Clohsey is $230k less money to use elsewhere! Elite depth for bye rounds coming.

Galagher -> $337k expensive. JS good. Scoring ok? One good score but against the eagles. 50s otherwise which is servicable but won't lead to much ($450k maybe?). Handy depth for bye rounds coming.

Thomas -> $267k. Cheapish. 100 in the system guarantees a good sugar hit. Scoring potential poor. Job security poor. 18yr old small forward so really we're expecting miracles to happen. Darcy Jones highly touted and who they had in line so one trip and Thomas is gone (as early as next week...)

Clohsey. $200k. Bargain basement. Maximise cash in bank. Howes has to go so could jump now and do the swapout next week. Misses the boat on the list above. Other rookie options may not surface next week and then what?

My thinking is:
Dempsey - Structurally makes no sense for me as he'd be bench or F6 through byes. Sanders coming in with DPP forward shunts him straight out again once we're back to 22.
Thomas - Horrible JS. Almost guaranteed dead spot in 2-3weeks time. Not worth the sugar hit in my opinion as we'll have better things to be doing then than cashing him in.

Gallagher V Clohsey I think is my remaining decision and it probably boils down to how confident I am of there being another rookie option next week to choose from (eg. McCauliffe or Hall).

Why is Gallagher's JS good and Thomas JS poor? I think they would be roughly the same. Thomas played well in the preseason and has played every game so far. Darcy Jones is not being added to the squad so he can't be close

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is Gallagher's JS good and Thomas JS poor? I think they would be roughly the same. Thomas played well in the preseason and has played every game so far. Darcy Jones is not being added to the squad so he can't be close
Gallagher is mature age and been in the system a while. He's one of Bevo's boys now.

Thomas is 18 and a kid. He's gotten a run and cleaned up against the Eagles.

But really its just an eye tests of both named squads. I see spots everywhere for Gallagher.

Thomas would be the last picked in the GWS squad.

Gallagher is mature age and been in the system a while. He's one of Bevo's boys now.

Thomas is 18 and a kid. He's gotten a run and cleaned up against the Eagles.

But really its just an eye tests of both named squads. I see spots everywhere for Gallagher.

Thomas would be the last picked in the GWS squad.

That's fair. Maybe I'm trying to justify the Thomas trade. In the past I've traded up a couple times for these 300k + rookies and it almost never works.

They drop a couple 50's and cash gen stalls etc. Maybe this year is different

Gonna stick to the plan of not paying up too much for rookie types (including Dempsey) and if it doesn't work then oh well

im in the same boat with these fwd rookies this week:

Dempsey - IMO missed the boat. Also expensive and i need the cash for next weeks trades
Galagher - Bevo...anything could happen with his spot. His one good score was vs WCE. otherwise hes a 50's player
Thomas - as above: His one good score was vs WCE. GWS have a habit of rotating rookies (which is good) but not for fantasy. makes me wary

personally id take a punt and go for points (ie: Dempsey) but it empties my bank and i cant do Grundy-> RoMa next week.
leaves me with Galagher > Thomas

That's fair. Maybe I'm trying to justify the Thomas trade. In the past I've traded up a couple times for these 300k + rookies and it almost never works.

Gonna stick to the plan of not paying up too much for rookie types (including Dempsey) and if it doesn't work then oh well
It depends why you're trading them in I guess. All week I was going Fyfe > Dempsey which defies conventional logic but I was replacing a guy scoring 60s that had likely maxed out to a guy who's minimum score is equivalent and will still make cash.

I couldn't justify Wilson > Dempsey though. At best, Dempsey would replace Reid or Windsor on field and while Dempsey has done amazing, I can't really say that is an improvement. Wilson is still making coin as well.

Can you go Wilson to Thomas though? Absolutely. How much money is Wilson likely to make from here? $75k? $100k? Thomas can give you that in 2-3 weeks.

It depends why you're trading them in I guess. All week I was going Fyfe > Dempsey which defies conventional logic but I was replacing a guy scoring 60s that had likely maxed out to a guy who's minimum score is equivalent and will still make cash.

I couldn't justify Wilson > Dempsey though. At best, Dempsey would replace Reid or Windsor on field and while Dempsey has done amazing, I can't really say that is an improvement. Wilson is still making coin as well.

Can you go Wilson to Thomas though? Absolutely. How much money is Wilson likely to make from here? $75k? $100k? Thomas can give you that in 2-3 weeks.
instead of thomas, would you go Gallagher instead

i just dont rate thomas as a pick. He's a kid. Also GWS have Ward coming back soon and Cumming not far away. Thomas could be vested at any moment

instead of thomas, would you go Gallagher instead

i just dont rate thomas as a pick. He's a kid. Also GWS have Ward coming back soon and Cumming not far away. Thomas could be vested at any moment
Absolutely. Who have the Dogs got coming back? Gallagher is certainly a safer pick. Is he a safe pick though?

I'm down to two trade options
First one is the one I have had all week

Harley to Thomas
Jordon to Flanders
0K in the bank

Have thought of another option

Lazzaro to Lohman
Fyfe to Flanders
1K in the bank

2nd option keep the stronger rookie in Harley and get rid of sub risk Fyfe, but get a weaker rookie in Lohman and miss out on Thomas cash gen

Plan with Jordon/Fyfe is to keep until dpp, put Sander in Fwd and upgrade Fyfe/Jordon to Fallen premium in mids

Its a minefield and I guarantee I'm going to pick it wrong.
It's not often we get these forks in the roads with rookies that involves 3 or 4 directions!

I think Dempsey is a safe pick but too safe in my opinion given his price.
Gallagher i think is safe but vanilla. I think he's a 50's guy like you say.
Thomas I've had all week but only following the crowd. Howes poor score has been enough for me to look elsewhere and take a punt on Clohsey i think (assuming he plays and not sub!!).

I'm down to two trade options
First one is the one I have had all week

Harley to Thomas
Jordon to Flanders
0K in the bank

Have thought of another option

Lazzaro to Lohman
Fyfe to Flanders
1K in the bank

2nd option keep the stronger rookie in Harley and get rid of sub risk Fyfe, but get a weaker rookie in Lohman and miss out on Thomas cash gen

Plan with Jordon/Fyfe is to keep until dpp, put Sander in Fwd and upgrade Fyfe/Jordon to Fallen premium in mids
Not sure I like the idea of Lohmann, looks to be a low scorer and a huge vest risk (either starting sub like he has previously or to get subbed out).

Its a minefield and I guarantee I'm going to pick it wrong.
It's not often we get these forks in the roads with rookies that involves 3 or 4 directions!

I think Dempsey is a safe pick but too safe in my opinion given his price.
Gallagher i think is safe but vanilla. I think he's a 50's guy like you say.
Thomas I've had all week but only following the crowd. Howes poor score has been enough for me to look elsewhere and take a punt on Clohsey i think (assuming he plays and not sub!!).

something i noted last year.
The rookies who made the starting squad at the beginning of the year were the correct pick.
They might be dropped / rested from time to time, but they usually came back in and did well
vs
The rookies who got a start during the season, were usually sub par. too young or just not fit enough. They got some experience but werent good fantasy picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back