Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Official injury list (6) released 30/4

Long Term (1) :
• R15 Elijah Hewett (Foot) - Post Bye (No change)

Medium Term (4) :
• R12-14 Rhett Bazzo (Groin) - 4-6 weeks (No change)
• R12-14 Oscar Allen (Knee) - 4-6 weeks (Was 5-7 weeks)
• R12-13 Cal Jamieson (Hamstring) - 4-5 weeks (Was 6 weeks)
• R11-12 Matt Flynn (Knee) - 3-4 weeks (Was 4-5 weeks)

Short Term (1) :
• R9-10 Zane Trew (Concussion) - 1-2 weeks (New)

Noah Long wasn’t named on last week’s injury list but didn’t play against Gold Coast due to a hip pointer. He is expected to be available this week.

Isn’t that just tendonitis?

So he has inflammation of his hamstring tendon.

Probably just rest and physio?
is jamo really worth persisting with...played 17 games, 24yrs, seems to be always injured.

Some say hes done well down back, but i think thats just because we dont have any expectation set on him. From what ive seen, hes dropped some pretty simple marks, sloppy kicks to teammates.

easy delist imo.

is jamo really worth persisting with...played 17 games, 24yrs, seems to be always injured.

Some say hes done well down back, but i think thats just because we dont have any expectation set on him. From what ive seen, hes dropped some pretty simple marks, sloppy kicks to teammates.

easy delist imo.
Look ive felt the same for a little while now. He's one of those blokes who you want to do well, but his body just cant hack it long-term.

Unlikely to be around consistently when we start challenging. Cut our losses, let him go.

easy delist imo.
He has been given a long time. Contracted for next year so will be playing for his future that’s for sure.

easy delist imo.
The problem is that all three of our project KPD are regularly injured - Edwards, Bazzo and Jamo. It is really frustrating, as all three have shown glimpses of potential but haven't had a good run at it.

All our premierships have featured AA KPD and the defence has ranked in the top echelon. We need to figure something out, as I doubt we can win a flag without being great defensively (given the amount of travel we do and the MCG factor).

The problem is that all three of our project KPD are regularly injured - Edwards, Bazzo and Jamo. It is really frustrating, as all three have shown glimpses of potential but haven't had a good run at it.

All our premierships have featured AA KPD and the defence has ranked in the top echelon. We need to figure something out, as I doubt we can win a flag without being great defensively (given the amount of travel we do and the MCG factor).

You are right, and as it currently sits we are going to have to focus our trade and FA efforts in that area.

We all hope 1 or more of those 3 stay fit and improve to AFL quality (or even AA quality but that is asking a lot). There are a lot of targets in the next few years though in the mature/experienced KPD category and quite a few have WA ties (not that we should limit ourselves to that, but it is obvious and easier to get them over).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

easy delist imo.

I don’t see it personally.

Expectations are very low and to me, he’s not a guy that will develop into a ‘good’ key defender, let alone a star one.

Expectations are very low and to me, he’s not a guy that will develop into a ‘good’ key defender, let alone a star one.
He's only getting a chance because both Edwards and Bazzo have been injured.
Plus Edwards still isn't very good in his 6th season, while Bazzo is still out for a while and is still very skinny.
He's been given AFL experience in that role in case either of Gov or Barrass goes down.

He's only getting a chance because both Edwards and Bazzo have been injured.
Plus Edwards still isn't very good in his 6th season, while Bazzo is still out for a while and is still very skinny.
He's been given AFL experience in that role in case either of Gov or Barrass goes down.
And he’s not out of contract this year so the MC is taking the opportunity - in the absence of anyone else - to see whether they can perhaps teach him a new craft given he’s seemingly not A Ruckman.

Seems the order of priority is Bazzo, HEd, Jamo, Rotham. No wonder there are calls to recruit a KPD seeing Gov and TB are both one injury from retirement.

Personally, a heavier Bazzo will be okay - if he can get on the park. And of the other three Jamo is probably least worse.

Jamison's problem is he doesn't really have a position, he's been thrown around and never been able to master any one position.

At least with Edwards you can lock him in as the zoning intercept KPD and Bazzo as a closer checking type (if he can add weight). They could if fit interchange with McGovern and Barrass.

Swear i heard on Nova this morning Liam Ryan did a hammy yesterday?

Once again, that is the AFL websites weekly guess at our list because thanks to being in Perth it's not out by the time they publish.
This must be the most repeated line on this board.

And that's a big statement given how much this board prides itself on repetitive memes.

Unofficial one, they’ve just taken a week off all the times in last week’s official list.
backing up homer simpson GIF

Back