Autopsy Round 4, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Effort is there, talent isn’t there yet.

Didn’t get to see as much of the second half as I’d have liked, but seems like there’s plenty to take out of that.

Evened inside 50s again.

Harley Reid forever, split picks never.

Negs
Stfu about Adelaide tourism I ******* hate how much the AFL is prepared to sell out the competition for a dollar
Duggan is trash tier
Why do we keep copping Underwood

Pos
Reid
Long early
Hough
Even if Ginbey remains the workhorse in our midfield, he'll be an intimidating enforcer for Hewett, Reid and maybe another high pick mid
Great fight. Really can't be unhappy imo

Positives:
  • Reid in beast mode - has to have the rising star nomination
  • Yeo especially after half time
  • Darling giving it a real go - breaking packs etc.
  • Petrol's mark
  • Hunt's run on the wing
  • Hough's lock down job - another notch on his belt
  • the whole teams' efforts and application
  • Gov - awesome as usual

Negatives:
  • Duggan's disposal
  • Petrol's decision making
  • Turnovers from our experienced players
  • Maric's injury - hopefully he'll be alright
  • general skills still lacking

Duggan's lack of composure 6 turnovers
Tom Cole turnover and free kicks against and general panicking
(For a experienced player panics a lot)
Tom Barrass on any leading key forward doesn't stand next to them, and lets them get easy leads
God i would love a journalist to ask the coach about his defending and if it acceptable he does not stand
side by side with a arm over him

Positives:
  • Reid in beast mode - has to have the rising star nomination
  • Yeo especially after half time
  • Darling giving it a real go - breaking packs etc.
  • Petrol's mark
  • Hunt's run on the wing
  • Hough's lock down job - another notch on his belt
  • the whole teams' efforts and application
  • Gov - awesome as usual

Negatives:
  • Duggan's disposal
  • Petrol's decision making
  • Turnovers from our experienced players
  • Maric's injury - hopefully he'll be alright
  • general skills still lacking

Nearly smashed my tv when petch hand balled it off to waterman when he’s 25m out wtf was he thinking, waterman wasn’t even running towards goal he was going towards the boundary😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Negs: Maric to hospital FFS Darling!
Duggan disposal
Petch non existent brain
Slightly short of fitness, two more weeks and we'll be running out these games

Pros: kept it under 30
Reid
Jack Williams had a really good game
Fitness is improving massively with new fitness coach
Yeos and Govs getting better
Kelly being consistent
Gameplan is solid, can see it working just need to improve skills

Positives: everything except Duggan
Negatives: Duggan

Na seriously Harley Reid and Yeo the stand out positives for me

Ginbey was a beast and Hunt was excellent

Jumper is sublime

Kelly was not his normal self which is a shame

Duggan putrid
Cole putrid
Some really dumb decision making but we will get better at that

All in all although it was a loss it was a huge win for us with effort. That’s all the supporters want to see and eventually wins will come

Though not glamorous, Hough may just be the lock-down small defender we've been looking for.
Theres a spot of Woosha in our Houghenator. Very excited to see what he can do with time. Nuggety and quite tough- smart enough not to give away stupid free kicks. Like you say a good lock down small defender which every team needs.

Almost all positives.

Negatives:
Chesser is just s**t. Honestly I just don't see an AFL player there. 10 disposals, 4 turnovers, 4 marks, 1 tackle. He has no idea where to be and when he does get it has no idea where to put it.
Duggan as captain repeatedly turning over the ball as captain. Needs to play within himself but otherwise a good game from him.
Maric and Edwards injuries.

Can't really be too negative with that level of effort particularly by some of the continually maligned players and some of the kids.

The first half had been coming all season. Too many were blind to see. Tidied up the disposals and everything else fell into place.

Disposal quality dropped off in the third quarter and the ball went back the other way quickly. Hard to fault the last quarter as fatigue set in.

Plenty to like from today. Still a bit jittery in the F50.

Darling looked out of sorts in the first half and came good in the second half.

Last edited:
I know it’s still a loss but a lot to like about your teams performance today.

You guys in the West are probably sick of the Harley Reid hype but he looks so comfortable out there and I can’t believe he is only 18. Give him the rising star award now!

I also rate Ginbey as he is hard at it and I thought he was one of your best players last week against the Bulldogs.

I hope Maric is ok and the Eagles are definitely a chance to snag a win against the Tigers next week in Perth!

Almost all positives.

Negatives:
Chesser is just s**t. Honestly I just don't see an AFL player there. 10 disposals, 4 turnovers, 4 marks, 1 tackle. He has no idea where to be and when he does get it has no idea where to put it.
Duggan as captain repeatedly turning over the ball as captain. Needs to play within himself but otherwise a good game from him.
Maric and Edwards injuries.

Can't really be too negative with that level of effort particularly by some of the continually maligned players and some of the kids.
How did you rate Ginbeast Phil? Something definitely to work with- the boy has his body in good nick, works hard. His skills are improving- looked good to me. Just not sure where to play him- would love 3 of him but alas we have one. Definitely excited in what he will be. I'm interested in your opinion.

• We actually lowered our eyes going forward. What a difference it makes.
  • third quarter? Waterman,Duggan,Hunt and Maric made clangers within 2minutes.
  • Petrol,Petrol,Petrol!! What are we gunna do with you?
  • Some younger lads need to get a bit hungrier. Kick the goal yourself .
-Yo torps one 70m and we get a goal. Do the unexpected! Caos balls.
-As I’ve previously stated Reid will lead the way!!
-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back