Autopsy Round 6, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the complete replay without any nerves

Huge positives that I didn’t really give as much credit for were Rotham, Cole and BBW. Huge plays all three of them

Witherden had an epic game also with some smart decision making, Ginbey is a lot faster than I thought he was, got into heaps of plays which was good

Negatives: Pavlich absolutely sooking it up at every bit of play wanting free kicks, didn’t noticed it yesterday as I was invested in the game but wowee is he salty, I reckon he went home and cried

Negatives: Pavlich absolutely sooking it up at every bit of play wanting free kicks, didn’t noticed it yesterday as I was invested in the game but wowee is he salty, I reckon he went home and cried
100% that's a positive though.

-ve
Left a concert early and missed out in Live so I could come home and watch the footy after seeing us up 45-3

+ve
Still got to watch incubus and then the eagles play the best game of footy in years.

Reid omg so goood. Bought a real spark to the team. Lit a fuse under the old boys and got everyone up and about.

A lot of contributors and solid all round effort. Hough doing a job every week. Waterman kicking bags, Yeo dominating clearances and Barrass taking intercept marks.
It’s like a dream. I dare to hope

+
  • Yeo and Reid are contested beasts
  • Really happy for Waterman to get an opportunity to lead the forwardline and making the most of it. Currently 3rd in the Coleman.
  • Barrass turning clock back to 2021
  • Thought Duggan looked really good. Him and Cole going back to their 2018 form.

Was anyone else kind of hoping Sheed didnt get subbed on? Not sure he could keep up with the pace of the game.
I was waiting for him to do exactly what he did, arms out, half effort, then pack it in and watch the play run away from him. He will need to bring more.

• TK with a lazy couple of kicks. Should be better.
  • Ginbey with some nervous disposal
+ Ginbey with a dart like I50 (believe in your self son, see what happens)

+ We didn't show much interest in Luke Jackson outside of ensuring Freo paid a a fair price. With Darcy's 7 year deal, he's gonna have to learn to play fwd and impact. We killed him in the air tonight.

-ve
Left a concert early and missed out in Live so I could come home and watch the footy after seeing us up 45-3

+ve
Still got to watch incubus and then the eagles play the best game of footy in years.

Reid omg so goood. Bought a real spark to the team. Lit a fuse under the old boys and got everyone up and about.

A lot of contributors and solid all round effort. Hough doing a job every week. Waterman kicking bags, Yeo dominating clearances and Barrass taking intercept marks.
It’s like a dream. I dare to hope

Was listening to the gig from my backyard, Incubus sounded awesome, Birds of Tokyo also sounded really good, in the sense that they sound very similar live, as they do recorded, which is a sign of an actual talented band. Renowned Freo supporters Eskimo Joe on the other hand, sounded atrocious, never rated them. Live sounded average as well at the very end. You missed a pretty good fireworks show at the end too by leaving early, but worth it to go and watch a great win. I had the best of both worlds I guess, footy on the TV, concert blaring over my back fence 😂

Read this before as the warm up

So much egg on face after some of these predictions
That’s so good.

Jake Waterman - $51 to win the Coleman medal on Sportsbet. Might be worth putting $5 or a $10 on him? If he continues and kicks 2 or 3 goals per game and has the odd day out then betting agencies will see his exposed form and his odds will shorten.

There's no one else in the Eagles line-up in the forward line who will take "bags of goals" away from him....Darling probably won't.

This could be a breakout season for Waterman who has probably popped up by accident (and done well so far) in the absence of Oscar Allen who's out due to injury.

Another five goals and 13.5km (team high) for Junktime Jake.

Delist imo
Yeah Watermans defensive running is elite, he pushes hard EVERY time to get across the other side of the ground whenever the oppo switch in the backline, I couldn't believe it watching it at the ground, he just kept going. He's all heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was listening to the gig from my backyard, Incubus sounded awesome, Birds of Tokyo also sounded really good, in the sense that they sound very similar live, as they do recorded, which is a sign of an actual talented band. Renowned Freo supporters Eskimo Joe on the other hand, sounded atrocious, never rated them. Live sounded average as well at the very end. You missed a pretty good fireworks show at the end too by leaving early, but worth it to go and watch a great win. I had the best of both worlds I guess, footy on the TV, concert blaring over my back fence 😂

Yep, Eskimo were bad. Incubus were awesome, birds were alright. Don’t regret leaving, was there for incubus mainly anyway.

The biggest positive is that I'll get to watch the spoonbowl like a smug prick and pretend I'm better than everyone else.

laugh-smile.gif

"Heh, check out these losers"

Yet after that we're still $6 to beat GC? Punters not giving us any respect? Surely those odds shrink. I put money on us but hope I'm not jinxing us lol. All I hope is we bring the same next week, rest will sort itself out.

Positives:
Reid
Yeo
TK
BBW couple of monster marks and competed all day
Ginbey, JWilliams and Chess all showed signs
Hard to believe Hough was just drafted a couple of years ago - plays like 100 gamer
Cole had a great game

Negatives:
Nothing really, maybe could have kept the foot on the throat in the last

Jake Waterman - $51 to win the Coleman medal on Sportsbet. Might be worth putting $5 or a $10 on him? If he continues and kicks 2 or 3 goals per game and has the odd day out then betting agencies will see his exposed form and his odds will shorten.

There's no one else in the Eagles line-up in the forward line who will take "bags of goals" away from him....Darling probably won't.

This could be a breakout season for Waterman who has probably popped up by accident (and done well so far) in the absence of Oscar Allen who's out due to injury.
People forget Jake was in similar form, or rising to, just before his illness...so it's no surprise that he's now playing this way inmho...but yes, this really fine tunes him, gets him into top gear - great combo with Allen.

People forget Jake was in similar form, or rising to, just before his illness...so it's no surprise that he's now playing this way inmho...but yes, this really fine tunes him, gets him into top gear - great combo with Allen.

If you look at the past few Coleman Medallists...they always had a breakout game or a few breakout games for them to be in contention. Waterman's 6 goals against Richmond (albeit Tigers have a heap of players missing due to injury) might be that breakout game for him.

At $51 it's worth looking at for the Coleman medal.

I wasn’t really convinced with Jake being able to transition to being an underisized key forward but last two weeks he’s shown he can. For me You need a couple of points of difference to be able to succeed at that against big key defenders. Darling in his peak was as strong as the big boys and he matched that with straight line speed and endurance. He also was a decent contested grab when on. Jake has that endurance and work rate to match but he also has IQ that he is using to his side. Ryan isn’t that big but in AA form but he made both him and another hot defender in Pearce look second rate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back