Autopsy Round 7, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Free Kick Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

MeltMan

With The Power To MELT!
Mar 22, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Maybe this week...
Ryan Maric is my + Needs more field kicking.
TK, with being hungry or greedy and like 5 holds my big - 😞

Weren't allowed to touch them at the coalface when we had run in our legs, comprehensively beaten once we lost it.

Some positives and liked the way we dug in during the last quarter, having been blown away in the late third. That's big to me. Plenty to take away, enough to work on. Been a very good month of footy this.

Positives
  • Jake Waterman, hilarious how good he's become as the main target.
  • Yeo beast mode. Couldn't carry an entire midfield for a full game, but that first half was phenomenal.
  • Harry Edwards, plenty to like today. Gov beast mode early, goes without saying for him this season.
  • Liked Rotham's game a lot. Cole throws in a howler or two which caps his ceiling so much, but he and Hough dug in valiantly again today.
  • Plenty to like about Petch's game today, again.
  • Ryan late goal. He didn't look up to the level yet, but maybe it boosts him and he can hit the track hard this week.
Negatives
  • Midfield dominance, which we expected in a lot of ways. All started from Witts, and then their mids are good enough to motor on with it.
  • Ran out of legs badly in the late third, and couldn't come out of the backline at all as a result. Stagnant, lots of hand up kick it to me s**t.
  • The Jack Williams hate. Thought he cracked in really hard, took a big pack mark. He's not ready to be an AFL standard KPF but we're not ready to be an AFL standard best 22. Pump games, he's a gem.
  • Really not sure how to handle Sheed, or LEdwards for that matter. Just think it's time to try someone new.
  • Great performance by a bunch of Suns picks 40-60s. Ridiculous draft, needs fixing badly.

Keen for a big showing against Essendon. Probably won't win, but very keen to see how we string together some tough games of footy in a row.

Weren't allowed to touch them at the coalface when we had run in our legs, comprehensively beaten once we lost it.

Some positives and liked the way we dug in during the last quarter, having been blown away in the late third. That's big to me. Plenty to take away, enough to work on. Been a very good month of footy this.

Positives
  • Jake Waterman, hilarious how good he's become as the main target
  • Yeo beast mode. Couldn't carry an entire midfield for a full game, but that first half as phenomenal
  • Harry Edwards, plenty to like today. Gov beast mode early, goes without saying for him this season
  • Liked Rotham's game a lot. Cole throws in a howler or two which caps his ceiling so much, but he and Hough dug in valiantly again today
  • Plenty to like about Petch's game today, again
  • Ryan late goal. He wdidn't look up to the level yet, but maybe it boosts him and he can hit the track hard this week
Negatives
  • Midfield dominance, which we expected in a lot of ways. All started from Witts, and then their mids are good enough to motor on with it
  • Ran out of legs badly in the late third, and couldn't come out of the backline at all as a result. Stagnant, lots of hand up kick it to me s**t
  • Jack Williams hate. Thought he cracked in really hard, took a big pack mark. He's not ready to be an AFL standard KPF but we're not ready to be an AFL standard best 22. Pump games, he's a gem.
  • Really not sure how th handle Sheed, or LEdwards for that matter. Just think it's time to try someone new.
  • Great performance by a bunch of Suns picks 40-60s. Ridiculous draft, needs fixing badly.

Keen for a big showing against Essendon. Probably won't win, but very keen to see how we string together some tough games of footy in a row.
Damn your 15 minute write ups.

Positives
  • Jake Waterman, hilarious how good he's become as the main target
  • Yeo beast mode. Couldn't carry an entire midfield for a full game, but that first half as phenomenal
  • Harry Edwards, plenty to like today. Gov beast mode early, goes without saying for him this season
  • Liked Rotham's game a lot. Cole throws in a howler or two which caps his ceiling so much, but he and Hough dug in valiantly again today
  • Plenty to like about Petch's game today, again
  • Ryan late goal. He wdidn't look up to the level yet, but maybe it boosts him and he can hit the track hard this week
Negatives
  • Midfield dominance, which we expected in a lot of ways. All started from Witts, and then their mids are good enough to motor on with it
  • Ran out of legs badly in the late third, and couldn't come out of the backline at all as a result. Stagnant, lots of hand up kick it to me s**t
  • Jack Williams hate. Thought he cracked in really hard, took a big pack mark. He's not ready to be an AFL standard KPF but we're not ready to be an AFL standard best 22. Pump games, he's a gem.
  • Really not sure how th handle Sheed, or LEdwards for that matter. Just think it's time to try someone new.

Brb making next weeks thread.

Positives:
  • Jake the Snake
  • some flashes from Petch
  • the first half competitiveness

Negatives:
  • Getting smashed in the ruck
  • lack of changes during the game from Simmo to counteract us getting smashed in the ruck (I'm not a Simmo smasher but I was disappointed in the lack of coaching moves today.)
  • last 5 minutes ballooning out the margin
  • Free kick differential
  • Sheed - WAFL level now

Negative,
Effort is only there in patches.
Quality destroy us when we are not prepared to work. Goes back to effort.
We lack class to be a top team, fumbles, uncomposed kicks etc. From the captain down.
Lack of mental engagement. Petrochelli's 50M for a goal and Cripps running out are examples.

Positives
Not a destruction
Goal kicking accuracy
The knew the ruck and midfield challenge but lack of good talls was also exposed.

Delist:
Ledwards adds absolutely nothing. We have so much cannon fodder.

Amazing how much confidence having Harley instills in the rest.

Ginbey isn’t a midfielder. Just don’t know where he can play otherwise though. Backline is the only place I can see him being anything exemplary.

Brockman needs to start being a little more opportunistic as a forward. He’s not gonna many looks at it. Still to have a goal as a small forward is concerning.

Back to normal programming I guess. Get Harley back in so it’s actually exciting to watch these games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives
Got ryans first game out the way.

Were pretty accurate infront if goals
Jake waterman

I dont think the scoreboard reflected that we still cracked in. Just dissapointing they got a few quick goals at the end.

Our fast start.

Negatives
Ginbey and chesser.... not sure what they are at AFL level. Pretty dissapointing if they end up just serviceable players give. Where we drafted them.

Blatantly one sided umpiring.

Once our midfield dies our defensive structure and backs are exposed. Can see cole and witho panic.

What's with the early threads?
What do you get out of it lol?
If you think we go early, the North board started their autopsy for the Crows game last Sunday.

You can check that if you'd like, not a joke.

Don't be confused about what we are: a bottom 6 team grabbing a couple of wins on the back of a healthier list and some exciting youth.

Another year of development and effort, hit the draft and get some free agents & trades knocked over. Keep on the upwards trajectory.

To be expected as a rebuilding side that we will be mostly very competitive at home and have alot of average games away. However, as long as there is improvement overall most weeks, then we are tracking fine.

Defence deserves a shoutout, playing at a high quality level overall, especially since the midfielders' poor defensive pressure didn't make things easier today.

Didn’t hate it. Just obliterated in ruck, BW tried but was soundly beaten. A game that Flynn would have helped in for sure.

Some good passages of play early, but as the game wore on, their midfield dominance swamped us. Ably assisted by the officials.

I’m not against Sheed being in the team and appreciate the need for experience, but the slow creeping up of average age and games is a mild concern, need to continue to promote youth and give them some more prominent roles. Was disappointed to see Chesser subbed off for example, started to get into the game (with his wing being used) and then out. I was under the belief Ryan would be playing limited minutes…

Hopefully a freshen up to the side next week with the return of Reid and Long and back at home for a good test :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back