Autopsy Round 6, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Fremantle

- apparently some knob head abused walters as they were coming from the ground i hope it wasnt racial but the freo players and staff were pointing him out to security

It was appalling. Sonny is one of footballs gentlemen. He is well known for volunteering to talk to children and will always have a photo taken with a child even if he's come off the track and is sweaty and muddy.
It was not racist but to be called a 'druggie' and 'a waste of oxygen' is just wrong

It was appalling. Sonny is one of footballs gentlemen. He is well known for volunteering to talk to children and will always have a photo taken with a child even if he's come off the track and is sweaty and muddy.
It was not racist but to be called a 'druggie' and 'a waste of oxygen' is just wrong
How did you hear this? Just interested.

Yet after that we're still $6 to beat GC? Punters not giving us any respect? Surely those odds shrink. I put money on us but hope I'm not jinxing us lol. All I hope is we bring the same next week, rest will sort itself out.
We're playing better but Matt Rowell is gonna pull our pants down like he always does

Sheed is extremely underrated hereabouts. With Yeo, Reid, Kelly and Ginbey at the contest, Sheed's outside run, beautiful disposal and goal kicking can be fully exploited (provided he gets fit).
Atm our outside guys are rapidly closing down space and pouncing on the loose balls . Sheed and gaff don't do that .

Our outside guys and flankers are really fleet of foot . Hunt Petrecelle Chesser , ginbey , long , cripps , hough , brockman even maric just hunting the ball and pressuring the ball carrier.

Its a nice change compared to our old slow defensive zones of the past

Look, I get it, we're all having fun.

But spare a thought for Fremantle. Two close losses and then they come up against a juggernaut. Life's hard.
The most brutal comment I heard from an opposition was that Fremantle is the St Kilda of non Victorian teams. Just brutal but brings a smile but ashamed they are a wa club.

There's no coming back from the St Kilda of non Victorian teams label

Just watched the complete replay without any nerves

Huge positives that I didn’t really give as much credit for were Rotham, Cole and BBW. Huge plays all three of them

Witherden had an epic game also with some smart decision making, Ginbey is a lot faster than I thought he was, got into heaps of plays which was good

Negatives: Pavlich absolutely sooking it up at every bit of play wanting free kicks, didn’t noticed it yesterday as I was invested in the game but wowee is he salty, I reckon he went home and cried
If you had to go home to Mrs Pavlich you would be crying too!

Watching the replay now. Pav absolutely sooking it about all the non-calls for Freo or where we got a free kick.

Just at the passage of play in the second quarter where two lesser lights had some great kicks; Brockman spotted up Maric with an inboard kick and then he laced out a leading Waterman. Exquisite foot skills from both players 👌

Brockman looks to be the natural heir to a skill that Jetta and Darling have been our best proponents of in the last decade: tap ons, knock ons, keep it moving creatively even if you can’t cleanly possess.

Impressed me yesterday. He’s been very patchy and fades in and out, but looks great anytime he’s near the footy and if he finds more of it he’s going to be a serious weapon.

I love our forward line atm. It's open and with our mids coming put front of the center bouncedowns, our guys are getting a good look at it. It's all coming together. Matthew Knights is doing a good job as the forwards coach as is Shuey with the mids. Lovin it!

Interesting conundrum when Allen returns and if Waterman keeps this up.

Watermelon permanent full forward. Darling 3rd tall deep in the pocket and Allen the CHF?
Thats what I'd do if I was Simmo and co. With Schlongy and Cripps and Harley (Part time) and Brockman/Flyin' playing the 'flea' and crumb/pressure role. Oh and Maric assisting as the link up Half Forward role- he has to be a part of the plan. Looks pretty f'ing fantastic for me!! 😍💛💙

Atm our outside guys are rapidly closing down space and pouncing on the loose balls . Sheed and gaff don't do that .

Our outside guys and flankers are really fleet of foot . Hunt Petrecelle Chesser , ginbey , long , cripps , hough , brockman even maric just hunting the ball and pressuring the ball carrier.

Its a nice change compared to our old slow defensive zones of the past

Agreed.

The new aggressive high pressing gameplan has clicked in the past few weeks and now, that the confidence and skills have also returned across the team, we are a much more efficient and damaging team.

Can't have someone like Sheed not putting the work in and being a weak link in our press, or we will just end up conceding easy out the back goals consistently again.

Thats what I'd do if I was Simmo and co. With Schlongy and Cripps and Harley (Part time) and Brockman/Flyin' playing the 'flea' and crumb/pressure role. Oh and Maric assisting as the link up Half Forward role- he has to be a part of the plan. Looks pretty f'ing fantastic for me!! 😍💛💙

It seems the plan with Ryan is providing the run off the halfback line.

It seems the plan with Ryan is providing the run off the halfback line.
Yes it's crazy that we'd be in this position but luckily we are. Reckon they'll move/use flyin where required. He'll be nice wherever he plays- love him and can't wait to have him back. Gives us some Zip!

Yep, Eskimo were bad. Incubus were awesome, birds were alright. Don’t regret leaving, was there for incubus mainly anyway.
Wanted to see Live, but didn't wanna pay that much since I wasn't interested in any of the other bands.
Glad I didn't since I would've missed our epic win.
Happy The Simpsons GIF

Yeah Watermans defensive running is elite, he pushes hard EVERY time to get across the other side of the ground whenever the oppo switch in the backline, I couldn't believe it watching it at the ground, he just kept going. He's all heart.

Been doing it for last few years - generally been up & down the dead wing - usually not being used so people don't see it on tv.

Too many positives to list but I do have a negative which I'm worried about. Dom Sheed.

Looked lazy and as if he couldnt be assed putting in any effort whatsoever.

I'm concerned that we will go back to that shitty style of play with him. Does he still have plenty of credits?

The shot I saw post match before trophy presentations etc he wasn’t connected or as jubilant as the others. He also looked as if he was there under sufferance.

I genuinely don’t want him in team. Prefer to give gig to up and comers who may make mistakes - but they are our future. We have to find out what they can and cannot do.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brockman looks to be the natural heir to a skill that Jetta and Darling have been our best proponents of in the last decade: tap ons, knock ons, keep it moving creatively even if you can’t cleanly possess.

Impressed me yesterday. He’s been very patchy and fades in and out, but looks great anytime he’s near the footy and if he finds more of it he’s going to be a serious weapon.
Yes, watching first half again, decisions a bit iffy, building perhaps, just needs more game time/confidence...

Back