Autopsy Round 6, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Big positive to me was the lesser lights who usually get negative feedback. amazing how when you play well that Withers, Rotham and Cole do allright. JWilliams is a better fit than Barnett at the moment and glad to see him kick a goal two weeks in a row. I hope we stick with Chesser does some good things.Maric is a beautiful field kick. A highlight for me was Ginbey's pass to Snake. Gets a lot of criticism about his kicking.

He played exactly like he has for the last 3 or 4 years, he's a lazy one-way runner who seems to think being a "leader" is standing around pointing at his teammates to go chase his man
And yet when I mentioned this in other threads I was attacked (not by you obviously). I’d give him a game or two to try and get up to speed and lay some tackles, but if he doesn’t improve from what he’s shown the last few years then he shouldnt be in the team.

And yet when I mentioned this in other threads I was attacked (not by you obviously). I’d give him a game or two to try and get up to speed and lay some tackles, but if he doesn’t improve from what he’s shown the last few years then he shouldnt be in the team.
I don't think he should get that much leeway, he's played the exact same way in the WAFL from what I've seen.
He's not a guy I really want around the young blokes, his attitude at times last year was abysmal for a senior player

I don't think he should get that much leeway, he's played the exact same way in the WAFL from what I've seen.
He's not a guy I really want around the young blokes, his attitude at times last year was abysmal for a senior player
Fair enough mate. I’m in agreement. Having said that, we had a lot of senior players like that. I honestly feel like Harleys enthusiasm and ability has woken everyone up.

Agreed. Don't like his attitude. The likes of Harley, The Boy, Chess, Hough, Schlongy don't need to catch his negativity! 👍

Purple fans, arguing amongst themselves, whether this disaster is worse/better than previous disasters xyz….etc etc

Surely it’s just an average freo disaster, there’s a massive back catalogue of epic lows.
Freo are very good at getting the ball just look at serong Brayshaw and Fyfe

they are very good defensively except for last night

but there is one thing Freo has always been poor at...due to Ross Lyon and now inherited by Longmuir....and thats kicking goals

and thats why they have never won a flag since 1995 and until they learn to kick goals they will never achieve anything

Negatives

I’ll start here because there wasn’t many.

Will be nice as our fitness/tanks of our youth increase to really puts sides to the sword. Last two weeks we haven’t finished them off in the last quarter.

Hopefully TB is cleared or just a reprimand. He was so good last night.

Pav’s commentary of a derby. Even my wife who didn’t actually know to start with it was Pav said “geez this commentator is pretty Freo biased.” Sounded like he was at a funeral by the last quarter.

Club song

Positives

Gameplan and the coaching has been very good. Simple messaging and simple plans has been refreshing. Win the contest, play the game in our half. Simple stuff but effective.

Only concern is that sides sometimes still move the ball too easily from end to end. Also we wouldn’t need to drop off much in intensity to look very average again. It’s a fine line.

Backline was tremendous, under the pump at the start of the game and withstood the unwashed best efforts to keep us in the contest.

Rotham has been very good since coming back in. TB and Gov controlled the air. Cole with that dirty mow was good, Hough just keeps ticking boxes and beating opponents.

Duggan has been very good. He’s going to make the odd mistake by foot but the rest of his game has been first class. Has lead the side well by just setting the example of late. He’s a tough nut.

BBW stood up to one of the toughest Ruck combinations in the competition and neutralised the contest. Well done to the big fella he’s come along way in the last 12 months. If he can get his goal kicking right he becomes a very good player.

Yeo tremendous. Prime Yeo is one of my favourite players so good to see him back to his best. He looks not just physically but mentally rejuvenated.

Kelly good, Ginbey is improving he’s still got a bit to go but heading in the right direction, Chesser the same.

Maric had his best game to date. That goal on 3/4 time was an absolute highlight, his disposal and decision making is very good.

Junk time Jake. No more needs to be said than just bloody huge.

Darling has been good. Effort is back and that’s probably what he mostly needs to do at his age.

Fat Smiley Kid. I’ve left him till last. I’ve watched this bloke closely for the last 3 years. Might have missed one or two games tops. I’m not surprised how good he is, I’m just surprised how quickly he has become what he is.

6 games in and already a star. Kicking goals, taking hangers, bursting from stoppage, fend off’s,broken tackles, swagger and Kent all rolled into one, knocking blokes over (Fyfe) , sniping commentators (Mundy). The kid can do it all.

Feels good hey!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Negatives

I’ll start here because there wasn’t many.

Will be nice as our fitness/tanks of our youth increase to really puts sides to the sword. Last two weeks we haven’t finished them off in the last quarter.

Hopefully TB is cleared or just a reprimand. He was so good last night.

Pav’s commentary of a derby. Even my wife who didn’t actually know to start with it was Pav said “geez this commentator is pretty Freo biased.” Sounded like he was at a funeral by the last quarter.

Club song

Positives

Gameplan and the coaching has been very good. Simple messaging and simple plans has been refreshing. Win the contest, play the game in our half. Simple stuff but effective.

Only concern is that sides sometimes still move the ball too easily from end to end. Also we wouldn’t need to drop off much in intensity to look very average again. It’s a fine line.

Backline was tremendous, under the pump at the start of the game and withstood the unwashed best efforts to keep us in the contest.

Rotham has been very good since coming back in. TB and Gov controlled the air. Cole with that dirty mow was good, Hough just keeps ticking boxes and beating opponents.

Duggan has been very good. He’s going to make the odd mistake by foot but the rest of his game has been first class. Has lead the side well by just setting the example of late. He’s a tough nut.

BBW stood up to one of the toughest Ruck combinations in the competition and neutralised the contest. Well done to the big fella he’s come along way in the last 12 months. If he can get his goal kicking right he becomes a very good player.

Yeo tremendous. Prime Yeo is one of my favourite players so good to see him back to his best. He looks not just physically but mentally rejuvenated.

Kelly good, Ginbey is improving he’s still got a bit to go but heading in the right direction, Chesser the same.

Maric had his best game to date. That goal on 3/4 time was an absolute highlight, his disposal and decision making is very good.

Junk time Jake. No more needs to be said than just bloody huge.

Darling has been good. Effort is back and that’s probably what he mostly needs to do at his age.

Fat Smiley Kid. I’ve left him till last. I’ve watched this bloke closely for the last 3 years. Might have missed one or two games tops. I’m not surprised how good he is, I’m just surprised how quickly he has become what he is.

6 games in and already a star. Kicking goals, taking hangers, bursting from stoppage, fend off’s,broken tackles, swagger and Kent all rolled into one, knocking blokes over (Fyfe) , sniping commentators (Mundy). The kid can do it all.

Feels good hey!!
How good will it be when a fit Elijah Hewett joins the fatty in the middle???🤤

Too many positives to list but I do have a negative which I'm worried about. Dom Sheed.

Looked lazy and as if he couldnt be assed putting in any effort whatsoever.

I'm concerned that we will go back to that shitty style of play with him. Does he still have plenty of credits?
This is what I expected from him, and it's what he delivered. Albeit in only one quarter.
Apparently didn't do much better in the WAFL either. Seemed like he was a default credits selection.
What he did in 2018 was great but his playing style has no place in our current midfield and stunts our momentum.
Plus the fracture in his foot is never going to heal according to him.
You would trying to accommodate him by finding a position for him in the team, and unfortunately he is contracted until next year.
The only position I can see him being serviceable is perhaps on the HFF since he can kick a goal as a link up player.

Read this before as the warm up

So much egg on face after some of these predictions
Forever Freo.

images (10).jpeg

Big positive to me was the lesser lights who usually get negative feedback. amazing how when you play well that Withers, Rotham and Cole do allright. JWilliams is a better fit than Barnett at the moment and glad to see him kick a goal two weeks in a row. I hope we stick with Chesser does some good things.Maric is a beautiful field kick. A highlight for me was Ginbey's pass to Snake. Gets a lot of criticism about his kicking.

Ginbey has gone under the radar a little the last few weeks.

I still have concerns he is more of a physical beast than a footballer, but there has been steady improvement each week and looks to be growing in confidence.

Fcuk Harley Reid is a gun. The kid is playing beyond his years at the moment.

A fit team is so important, and it will have an impact for the good with our kids. Mcgovern, Barrass, Yeo, Kelly and Cripps kudos!

The kids again look and starting to feel confident and two in particular Hough....calm on the ball even side stepped and delivered under pressure. And looks to be a player. The other Chesser he ticking in the right direction.

Waterman has arrived, took on KPD in form at the moment and came away with 5 goals!!!!

Simmo gameplan, modern, aggressive and exciting. The guy can really hold his head high how has carried himself.

Pretty much everything has already been said. Still on a huge high from the win last night.

BBW's mark over a flying Jackson really set the tone early. That mark was HUGE!! Surprised he didn't come down with altitude sickness.

Did a couple of nice thinks when forward actually. - WCE_phil, I think he IS more than a forwards a-hole mate. ;)

Beastmode Yeo is close to the best player to watch in the league (Number 9 goes alright too I suppose :p)

Dynamic/exciting/powerful footy being played by our boys. I'm loving it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back