Autopsy Round 6, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yeah, place is rightfully atomic right now but didnt seem to stop Carlton peeps needing to educate everyone on the Freo board, handed out enough bans to get a site wide Chief message haha.

Honestly good to see Yeo back to his best, always been one of my faves
Good luck over there

Positives
Nothing easy about Harley gets in contested and thrives in the contest. No cheapies off half back, or junk time cheapies everything is off the sweat on his brow
Everyone else put in a really good shift, waterman and yeo exceptional
Negatives
Maybe we could look to give Harley more ball, very small negative but he is clearly one of our better ball users and goes a bit under utilised, pretty much nitpicking with that point

Aside from the obvious Yeo, Snake, Reid......

POSITIVES
Ginbey linking up in possession chains. Exactly what we need to see!!
Having a healthy list so we're not gifting games to players not up to it. What a difference it makes.
All the guys out of the spotlight doing their bit: Rotham has been solid last 2 weeks, Hough man, Maric with some very good signs, backline in general were pretty good, some nice moves from Chess (like to see more of the footy, but it is a slow burn with some players), BBBW, & Petch although not a big night of stats is proving he belongs at the top level this year (& late last year).

The confidence we are playing with & contest we are giving, its a million miles away from last year. Of course a much fitter list is a huge boost (Guv, Yeo making a huge difference) but Simmo has turned the style & effort around - didn't think he had it in him (but he's not safe yet)

Positives
Nothing easy about Harley gets in contested and thrives in the contest. No cheapies off half back, or junk time cheapies everything is off the sweat on his brow

Yup, basically unlike Daicos, Sheezel and Ashcroft.

If the plan is for Big Boy Bailey to play forward when Flynn is fit, he really needs to learn how to kick simple set shots.

I feel his best position is ruck, especially if he can keep clunking marks around the ground. Great effort against the most expensive ruck combo in the game.

I missed the game due to a prior engagement - shattered.

I had a discussions with a mate of mine at the interval of function. He works at the scanning provider (MRI and radiography) to the purples. I mentioned at three quarter the Eagles were up.

Here is the classic.

His response was GOLD

“We will be busy early this week”.

I asked why!

He replied “there is a very high correlation to the number of players wanting scans when the Dockers lose”

Fellow posters - confirmed softness ✅

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The WCE mods are super proud of this board and the fact we aren’t weak arsed pussy bitches and whack this on threads.

Rotum GIF

Amen

Reid has to get in the face of the oppos best players every week. Jordan vibes

When we play Pies, the headline will be "Daicos vs Reid!"

And then:

Take It Personally Michael Jordan GIF

If the plan is for Big Boy Bailey to play forward when Flynn is fit, he really needs to learn how to kick simple set shots.

I feel his best position is ruck, especially if he can keep clunking marks around the ground. Great effort against the most expensive ruck combo in the game.

He was a fwd coming in and is still a fwd imo. It’s a credit to him him how decently he’s played in the ruck last year and some of this due to again our list shape with Flynn out making it a necessity. He’ll be a better forward when he actually gets a proper sustained shot at being one, and will be really handy around the contest inside our 50 when based there more permanently too

Recommend reading the Cockburn Game Day thread in its entirety. A delightful way to cap off the evening 😍

Read this before as the warm up

So much egg on face after some of these predictions

Read this before as the warm up

So much egg on face after some of these predictions

Oh my, I didn’t think to look at the preview thread. Thank you!
I did see a few suggestions last weekend that anything less than a 10 goal win would be a failure. I mean, I guess when you win by triple figures last time… But a bit of difference in quality with the team we put on the park tonight, combined with them only being able to muster 9-10 goals a game meant such predictions were a tad over the top 😆

First game I've been to this year....Reid is even better in person. F**K how good is it to be winning games again.
Ginbey was great, Yeo is probably in the top 5 mids in the game at the moment.

Only real negative for me is Sheed. Came on and lost his man several times in his first few minutes on the ground, no defensive effort whatsoever.
Spent half his time standing completely on his own at stoppages pointing at team mates to man up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back