Autopsy Round 3, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

What I found absolutely appalling from the Bulldogs game was the lack of run and chase - it has been highlighted across many
platforms, and Yeo was the worst of all the non efforts. He had good numbers for the game in close at stoppages, but on the outside, the guy just didn't chase. Despicable! Others also caught the disease, including Harley.
There's nothing a supporter hates more than this. A lack of desperation!

Junk Yard Dog's article in todays West Australian is really interesting and hits the nail on the head for us. Pretty much says we are getting the ball but are not fit enough to run out the games, probably due to so many youngsters.

Its actually encouraging getting the ball so much and in time, as we get fitter, we will be able to do more with it and get more uncontested possessions.

Junk Yard Dog's article in todays West Australian is really interesting and hits the nail on the head for us. Pretty much says we are getting the ball but are not fit enough to run out the games, probably due to so many youngsters.

Its actually encouraging getting the ball so much and in time, as we get fitter, we will be able to do more with it and get more uncontested possessions.
Do we really have so many youngsters though? Or is it the combination of youngsters and oldsters?

Yeah I would say we are disorganised and haven't learned where to be etc which means... what you don't have in your brain you make up for with your legs.

What I found absolutely appalling from the Bulldogs game was the lack of run and chase - it has been highlighted across many
platforms, and Yeo was the worst of all the non efforts. He had good numbers for the game in close at stoppages, but on the outside, the guy just didn't chase. Despicable! Others also caught the disease, including Harley.
There's nothing a supporter hates more than this. A lack of desperation!
I think we are lucky to just have Yeoy out there to be honest. He used to have a great leap with contested marking ability but cannot get off the ground any more so probably doesn't have the faith in his legs/groin to do so. Same with exerting/stretching out too much to chase.

What would his team name be

omg-rubber-chicken.gif

As an afterthought to this thread, I’m a fan of Cripps’ work rate but his 1.5 (in 3.12) is just not acceptable. I’d hoped his selfishness might have moderated now we have so many young impressionable players. Luckily for him he mostly converts his chances - which you’ve got do if you’re ignoring leads. But it’s not team oriented.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

our young are very young, I think this is the issue.
Totally agree we are asking players in there second season which is actually there first pre-season to produce straight away
Take 3 to 4 preseasons to run out games well

But we have dropped our mid rotations last two games

I know Reid is 18 and just a kid but he’s right at the top of the totem pole as far as talent,skills,aggression, footy IQ, you name it!
He wants the ball,he’s not big headed,he just thrives on the contest.Give him the ball as much as possible.
He will single handedly lift the standards in this team.
We took a “once in a generation “ player!
Let’s treat him like one!
I reiterate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back