Autopsy Round 4, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

ugh yes i remember banging on about us almost stuffing up getting Reid and i was get digitally assaulted and verbalized.

Him and Hewitt is the combo i wana see, could be an unreal explosive one-two punch. Another 2 years of being shi t, get another top 2 picks over 2 years and we will be back playing finals.

Very happy with the pressure and determination from the squad.

Most positives have already been covered. Just wanted to highlight an underrated game from BBBW against Grundy.

Biggest highlight was Reid grabbing his jumper after his goal. What a gun, committed to the team. Rising star nom for sure.

I think back to back road games is something we should request more and stay on the road. Melbourne talked it up and seemed to suit us. 2-3 of those a year
I'm in two minds. I think it's a great idea in general for the players to travel away and spend time together and away from life's normal distractions. Also saving time on back and forth flights can only be a good thing. On the other side- players with small children will do it tough. Think TK and his family. Also not being home, will some of the lads have more opportunity to play up? 🤷‍♀️ I definitely see the benefit- it's team and culture building! 👍

Petracca tackles broken for the season - 6
Harley Reid tackles broken in a game vs Sydney - 7.

Just give him the brownlow already.

The commentators were joking that Harley was aiming to break a tackle against every Swan's player.:thumbsu:

It did actually look that way.

Geez the kid has some swagger.

Ginbey despite getting a ton of it was super impressive too. Used it fairly well, hunted the ball hard, used his speed and overall was an big pressure around the ball. Once you build these kid’s confidence you not only gonna see them build their game but overall the team starts improve. I don’t worry about Ginbey not accumulating it a lot at this stage if he can give that start of game on a consistent basis. That’ll eventually also lead into him naturally starting to accumulate a bit more of it too

4th week in a row i will need to visit my GP about migraine based symptoms...he doesn't think a commentator (Underwood) can be the cause, annoying

You know you are the lowest ranked game when Underwood is commenting.

And sorry what does "Back to our usual program" comment mean after the Swans kick two in a row?

In a relatively close game.

She is terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ginbey despite getting a ton of it was super impressive too. Used it fairly well, hunted the ball hard, used his speed and overall was an big pressure around the ball. Once you build these kid’s confidence you not only gonna see them build their game but overall the team starts improve. I don’t worry about Ginbey not accumulating it a lot at this stage if he can give that start of game on a consistent basis. That’ll eventually also lead into him naturally starting to accumulate a bit more of it too
I couldn't fault him really- things to work on and improve ofcourse but still. Even though it was junk time- loved that dying dash and hussle and then he neatly/lovingly places it right on the chest of his forward. Boy oh boy is he quick for a big boy. I hear his nickname is the boy and it's perfect.

ugh yes i remember banging on about us almost stuffing up getting Reid and i was get digitally assaulted and verbalized.

Him and Hewitt is the combo i wana see, could be an unreal explosive one-two punch. Another 2 years of being shi t, get another top 2 picks over 2 years and we will be back playing finals.
I don't think we'll finish last this year. Despite being the worst team from mid 2021 to now, we've probably stuffed up the timing so we finished second last in 2022, last in 2023, bottom 4 in 2024 and I could see us floating around 14th next year.

Our 2021 and 2022 draftees should get to the point next year where they can start to win their positions (Hough is already there). That will turn the wheel and give us good depth. We'll go to another level in 2026 once Harley has had three preseaons (and Ginbey and Hewett are established).

Once Gaff is back in this team we'll clinch our first win no problems.
Stop gypsy stop!
episode 1 gypsy GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back