News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. To be honest, what would be the harm in giving him and the players retired / delisted during Covid a belated lap?

Also would’ve sucked to go out the way he did, delisted and rookied on min wage to be sent into a hub.

But still a grudge that probably doesn’t need to be held. Guess that’s the way he played though

Also would’ve sucked to go out the way he did, delisted and rookied on min wage to be sent into a hub.

But still a grudge that probably doesn’t need to be held. Guess that’s the way he played though

Schofield?

He wasn’t delisted and rookied

Was given a 1 year deal for 2020 at the end of 2019

And his form in 2020 wasn’t great including a suspension for head butting Charlie Dixon

Mentally I think Schoey shifted to life after footy pretty quickly in 2020. Ramped up the beer and wine deliveries, started building websites after building his own online store for said beer and wine sales..

Still hubbed it up but I don't think his head or heart was in it, and that seems to have caught on amongst the group

Been a while since I've been in this thread.
But feck me, the West Australian have had Harley on the back page last 5 days. That's way too much, it's beyond a joke now. How does this stop?
Media here are really starting to run with it now, saying how too full on it is.

They’re doing it on purpose basically to troll to both WCE and Dockers supporters

It’s ridiculous and if they had an ounce of integrity they’d stop using a 19 year old kid as click bait. But they haven’t so they won’t

Doubt there’s anything the club can do about it as such

As supporters all we can do is refuse to engage with any and all content they put online

They’re doing it on purpose basically to troll to both WCE and Dockers supporters

It’s ridiculous and if they had an ounce of integrity they’d stop using a 19 year old kid as click bait. But they haven’t so they won’t

As supporters all we can do is refuse to engage with any and all content they put online
I think we need to, abort all their media.
The photos of him landing the other day was a joke and way too far.

This is the sports editor. A freo supporter who (if you read his replies) is clearly now just trolling

Staggered how our major newspaper had allowed itself to become a parody

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or is this weird from the AFL posting an article from 6 months ago, kinda just feels like a Harley in Melbourne piece

Being Harley Reid: Fame, family and handling the hype - https://www.afl.com.au/news/1062354
Yep, the by-line on that article:

"This article was first published on Nov 12, 2023, a week before Harley Reid was drafted by West Coast"

This is the sports editor. A freo supporter who (if you read his replies) is clearly now just trolling

Staggered how our major newspaper had allowed itself to become a parody

Printed media is a dying industry

Doing anything they can to generate interest pretty much

Remove this Banner Ad

Back