Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (6) released 30/4

Long Term (1) :
• R15 Elijah Hewett (Foot) - Post Bye (No change)

Medium Term (4) :
• R12-14 Rhett Bazzo (Groin) - 4-6 weeks (No change)
• R12-14 Oscar Allen (Knee) - 4-6 weeks (Was 5-7 weeks)
• R12-13 Cal Jamieson (Hamstring) - 4-5 weeks (Was 6 weeks)
• R11-12 Matt Flynn (Knee) - 3-4 weeks (Was 4-5 weeks)

Short Term (1) :
• R9-10 Zane Trew (Concussion) - 1-2 weeks (New)

Noah Long wasn’t named on last week’s injury list but didn’t play against Gold Coast due to a hip pointer. He is expected to be available this week.

There goes my theory that Jamieson’s hammy was the equivalent of “general soreness”.

Bazzo’s gone backwards which is annoying.

Bazzo was TBC until 26/3 when he was listed as 6-8 weeks. He’s gone :

26/3 : 6-8 weeks
2/4 : 6-7 weeks
9/4 : 5-6 weeks
16/4 : 5-6 weeks

In the space of 3 weeks he’s gone from 6-8 to 5-6 weeks (lineal progression would be 3-5). So 1-2 weeks behind initial estimates

In fairness to S&C, Bazzo is the only one who’s drifted out in his timeframe and OP can be difficult to nail down

Absolutely pumped for A Reid to get a run and hopefully Burgiel has a cracker off HBF. Having that many eagles in the team should also mean we’re competitive and hopefully provide good delivery to Archer and good options for Burgiel.
Archer should also hopefully straighten up the Beagles delivery into f50. Will be nice to see how they all go on the weekend.

Absolutely pumped for A Reid to get a run and hopefully Burgiel has a cracker off HBF. Having that many eagles in the team should also mean we’re competitive and hopefully provide good delivery to Archer and good options for Burgiel.

Barring any late outs/undisclosed injuries we could have 38 players available leaving 14 for the WAFL side (15 if we don’t use a non playing emergency)

Luke Edwards should only miss a week and the timeline on Jamieson’s hamstring isn’t clear but hopefully it’s not significant

Other than those two however, the remaining four are at least 1-3 months away and (with the exception of Flynn) no guarantee of being available in the time frame provided
due to the nature of their respective injuries

So whilst it’s encouraging having such a relatively small injury list it won’t reduce for a while unfortunately

Beyond excited to see Burgiel and Archer in the WAFL this week.

Reid especially

We’ve sort of seen what Burgiel can do and his biggest issue is staying fit rather than ability

But Reid has the potential to solve a long term problem for us if he can become an AFL quality KPP. And other than our draft watchers, very few of us have seen him play. He wasn’t even involved in any preseason match sim work due to his knee injury

But Reid has the potential to solve a long term problem for us if he can become an AFL quality KPP.
Is there space in the seniors in the future for Reid, J Williams, B Williams and Maric? I'm doubtful.
It's a good issue to have but assuming Allen's in the team we may have some selection choices in 2025 and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there space in the seniors in the future for Reid, J Williams, B Williams and Maric? I'm doubtful.
It's a good issue to have but assuming Allen's in the team we may have some selection choices in 2025 and beyond.
Maric doesn't play like a tall. BBW may not make it as a forward unless he can improve his goalkicking. With Flynn back he'll rest forward as the 2nd ruck but I'm not expecting a lot of forward output from it. The other 2, we can only hope 1 or both are capable of partnering Allen for the next 7-10 years.

Maric doesn't play like a tall. BBW may not make it as a forward unless he can improve his goalkicking. With Flynn back he'll rest forward as the 2nd ruck but I'm not expecting a lot of forward output from it. The other 2, we can only hope 1 or both are capable of partnering Allen for the next 7-10 years.
Yeah been telling people this bought maric. Also he’s played defence a bit and could be a worthy option down there as a third tall intercepting.

Maric doesn't play like a tall.
Maybe, but I don't think you have a forward line with Allen, B Williams, A Reid, J Waterman and R Maric in it. That's just way too tall, even if one is starting on the bench.

BBW may not make it as a forward unless he can improve his goalkicking. With Flynn back he'll rest forward as the 2nd ruck but I'm not expecting a lot of forward output from it.
Then he'll fall behind A Ried or J Williams as forward/2nd ruck options. I'm not sure what his role is if he's not a forward option and not the primary ruck.

Club seems to rate Jack Williams. Both Reid and Williams will be slow burns tbh. Bailey will have a bit of time to establish himself as a resting forward.

Touch wood and all that but whatever changes were made in the off season have to date been a huge success

Richmond priority picks assistance package propaganda begins.

To be fair Swamps been doing that same tweet pretty regularly for a couple of years

Haha yeah I know he has, just being facetious on the back of all our discussion about if we deserve one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back