Review Round 8 (Q-Clash XXVI) Brisbane @ The GABBA - 5th May 2024 - 7:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t want to be that guy but a win here puts us at 5-3 with North in Darwin to potentially go 6-3, which sets up our season massively. Brisbane right out of sorts and we finally showed last year we can in fact beat them.

If ever there was a game to declare a….more important than others, this is it.

Must be the first time we’ve played at 7:10pm on a Sunday ?

I don’t want to be that guy but a win here puts us at 5-3 with North in Darwin to potentially go 6-3, which sets up our season massively. Brisbane right out of sorts and we finally showed last year we can in fact beat them.

If ever there was a game to declare a….more important than others, this is it.
Not only that, history shows us that R10 is when it all clicked for both Collingwood and GWS when they implemented very similar game plans to ours and that North game is R9. So this could be the start of something VERY special for us.

There's soooo much to play for in this game. I hope Touk is fired up to prove a point after what happened last time we met when Zorko tried to drag his name through the mud. If Touk tags Neale out of the game like last time then we're a massive chance to take the W in this one.

This week I would bring Jeffery in for atkins, rat can really only play the loose role that Flanders is playing. I would give swallow the starting position for holman and holman start sub. Depending on how clohesy pulls up then maybe rat could stay on a wing, or berry/ainsworth wing and holman holds his spot. The only other change could be whether read comes back in for day but I think read could benefit more from playing in the 2's.

What an opportunity this fixture is.
I’d just like the lads to embrace that it’s a local derby against a bunch of campaigners and we can slam shut their GF window and say Bye Bye BrisC.
Agree - it's NOT a Mini GF this week but potentially a career defining game for many of the players - a coming of age - IF they can do it.

This week I would bring Jeffery in for atkins, rat can really only play the loose role that Flanders is playing. I would give swallow the starting position for holman and holman start sub. Depending on how clohesy pulls up then maybe rat could stay on a wing, or berry/ainsworth wing and holman holds his spot. The only other change could be whether read comes back in for day but I think read could benefit more from playing in the 2's.
I'd like that - Jeffrey deserves his chance in place of Atkins. Holman and Swallow are similar but Swallow much more upside even given his age. No other changes I'd say. Day holds the spot warm for Reid to 'tank' up and put some weight on. That leaves Moyle, Uwland, Faulkhead the only future players down below and still Weller /Rosas to come back. You can see Dimma's team emerging AND toss in a Rioli - we can start to actually see the dream and not just hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media is all over the Lions, and so you have to expect them to come out swinging. We've got to get our start right, if we can kick the first 2 and create scoreboard pressure, we are on our way. It's a similar build up to the WB game, they came to play and we looked stunned, it will be interesting to see what we learnt from that game.

Living rent free….

There is something wrong with the I guess “culture” of the Suns Big Footy Board.

It’s quite nasty.

The Titans Forum has much greater behaviour. It doesn’t even really need moderator intervention

I think that group of maybe about 5 of could consider being a bit more Gold Coast like in civility.

This week is a great opportunity, a local derby and best still a chance to close the window shut of BrisC. That’s the scenario.

Last edited:
Living rent free….

There is something wrong with the I guess “culture” of the Suns Big Footy Board.

It’s quite nasty.

The Titans Forum has much greater behaviour. It doesn’t even really need moderator intervention

I think that group of maybe about 5 of could consider being a bit more Gold Coast like in civility.

This week is a great opportunity, a local derby and best still a chance to close the window shut of BrisC. That’s the scenario.
Is that cause the Titans finally won a game?

There is a chance for us to make a serious statement here. We have failed every test put to us so far, another chance for the club to prove they have actually improved. Over to you Dimma.
I know he was just playing a straight bat, but Hardwick was quite…conservative? in his thoughts about next week in the presser. Saying Brisbane are a great team, we are looking to make home ground a fortress and hoping to ‘steal’ an away game, this is going to be a ‘challenge’ for a young team at a packed colosseum , etc.

Obviously just Dimma talk, but if we really are looking to grow a back bone, we should be smelling blood here and believing that we can absolutely go in and finish the Lions season, not just maybe steal it if we are lucky.

This is a massive QClash and Brisbane’s backs against the wall so if we are not breathing smoke come first bounce, the 4-3 start doesn’t really mean a whole lot and not much has changed. We need a bit of that GWS ‘we are better than you anywhere’ campaigner belief within the group but I don’t know where it comes from.

I know he was just playing a straight bat, but Hardwick was quite…conservative? in his thoughts about next week in the presser. Saying Brisbane are a great team, we are looking to make home ground a fortress and hoping to ‘steal’ an away game, this is going to be a ‘challenge’ for a young team at a packed colosseum , etc.

Obviously just Dimma talk, but if we really are looking to grow a back bone, we should be smelling blood here and believing that we can absolutely go in and finish the Lions season, not just maybe steal it if we are lucky.

This is a massive QClash and Brisbane’s backs against the wall so if we are not breathing smoke come first bounce, the 4-3 start doesn’t really mean a whole lot and not much has changed. We need a bit of that GWS ‘we are better than you anywhere’ campaigner belief within the group but I don’t know where it comes from.

They were on a major roll when that type of chat emerged last year. Just sayin

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Chance to end Dorko squirrelgrips premiership dreams, put Will Graham on him he’ll rip his twig right off his body
Benowa v Palm Beach. Anyone who grew up on the GC and played interschool sport would probably know PBC were/are a powerhouse in all sports and they had some fiery contests against schools like Benowa. Inevitably the boys from Palmy would come out on top 9/10 times with their blue collar work ethic and the more affluent areas like Benowa never really stood a chance.

If all of that went over your head then here's a translation - Will Graham should dominate Dayne Zorko if he plays on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back