Take about 20% off there fella.

MINI GF #2 2024
Regroup
Have a camp if need be
Needles out and don’t rest anyone
Must bounce back and win this or we are back to being a joke and rightly so

Streamers out, get your tickets
Everyone must attend this one
I assume when you wrote needles, you mean pain medication and nothing untoward (ala Essendon)
But I agree this is the game to make an absolute statement. Best 23 in and blow them off the park

I assume when you wrote needles, you mean pain medication and nothing untoward (ala Essendon)
But I agree this is the game to make an absolute statement. Best 23 in and blow them off the park
Yes I do
Painkillers if necessary to play
It’s a best 23 game
Nobody gets managed
Nobody out with soreness etc

Did not we have best 23 today?

Need the crowd to come out, no excuses. It’s a day game get your arse to the ground.
As much as I'd like it to be a big Suns crowd, this game has 10-12k crowd written all over it. Our boys just got smashed and West Coast have a very small supporter base in Queensland. What is important is that we make a lot of noise so the 50/50 calls go our way. We know we're going to outnumber the Eagles supporters, but what's really important is making more noise than them.

Also, we really need to find a way to replace Rosas' output. He's such a livewire that consistently kicks goals and provides pressure when the opposition is trying to exit their defensive 50. Maybe Joel Jeffrey gets his chance this week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I'd like it to be a big Suns crowd, this game has 10-12k crowd written all over it. Our boys just got smashed and West Coast have a very small supporter base in Queensland. What is important is that we make a lot of noise so the 50/50 calls go our way. We know we're going to outnumber the Eagles supporters, but what's really important is making more noise than them.

Also, we really need to find a way to replace Rosas' output. He's such a livewire that consistently kicks goals and provides pressure when the opposition is trying to exit their defensive 50. Maybe Joel Jeffrey gets his chance this week?

And this is a chance for me to address something giving me the poos
It’s both the Titans and Suns Fans well I hate to say it….
But we suck as much as our teams.
We don’t chant as loud or get as angry or work as a pack like the other fan bases.
Score a try or a goal and there’s a bit of a clap and people stay in seats.
We cop bad referee decisions without going feral.
We are dead.
I know, I am a member of both and sit right in the thick of both teams fans members.
FFS I wish GC people would fire up.

We don’t chant as loud or get as angry or work as a pack like the other fan bases.
We are dead.
I know, I am a member of both and sit right in the thick of both teams fans members.

I know what your saying but I’ve felt a real up tick in “feral-ness” at games since around when dew got sacked. More is needed but tracking well imo

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We are dead.
Completely agree Bodsy, I wish the GC people would fire up and get loud but I feel like this will happen over time, all it takes is a few people to get passionate and make some noise and the rest will follow! There’s certain sections of the stadium that are consistently loud each week and start chants etc but yes more people need to get out of their seats! I think the other issue is that we have been let down for so long by each respective team and as a result people have lost their passion and zeal.

However, there is one game that comes to mind which was when we were cheated against Melbourne last year, from memory the umpires missed Swallow being tackled without the ball in front of goal and a few other blatantly obvious things were missed and heritage bank erupted with jeers and boos and even once the siren went the whole stadium was still booing the dees theme song and umpires as they walked off with their tails between their legs avoiding eye contact with the angry mob in the stands.

We are dead.
Absolutely! It's an area we HAVE TO improve in if we want to be a serious footy club. I agree with lommy that it's improved in recent times, but we've still got a fair way to go. I know I'm making noise at games and I trust that others on this board are as well but we need thousands of suppporters all yelling at the top of their lungs in unison to really turn our home ground into a fortress. This is an area Dimma identified as letting us down when he first took over and that's why he made it clear that he wanted to see bigger crowds and at least 70% of the attendees wearing red and gold. It won't happen overnight, but when it does we'll all be able to recognise a noticeable difference.

Completely agree Bodsy, I wish the GC people would fire up and get loud but I feel like this will happen over time, all it takes is a few people to get passionate and make some noise and the rest will follow! There’s certain sections of the stadium that are consistently loud each week and start chants etc but yes more people need to get out of their seats! I think the other issue is that we have been let down for so long by each respective team and as a result people have lost their passion and zeal.

However, there is one game that comes to mind which was when we were cheated against Melbourne last year, from memory the umpires missed Swallow being tackled without the ball in front of goal and a few other blatantly obvious things were missed and heritage bank erupted with jeers and boos and even once the siren went the whole stadium was still booing the dees theme song and umpires as they walked off with their tails between their legs avoiding eye contact with the angry mob in the stands.
Winning creates pride and that leads to passion. We've kind of been stuck in a cycle of supporter mediocrity because you need passion supporters to increase your chances of winning, but you also need to win in order to create passionate supporters. It all starts with the bandwagoners that jump on when you're winning (they aren't initially as loud/don't understand footy culture yet) and then, if you keep winning, the bandwagoners eventually become rusted on passionate supporters who make lots of noise at games. So we essentially need to win now while we don't have a lot of vocal support at home games to start the process of creating more.

I remember that Melbourne game. It felt like the one true time we were up against a Victorian heavyweight team (the Dees were defending premiers at the time) and the noise from our supporters appeared to be turning the tide to the point that we almost pulled off a remarkable win. I crave that kind of atmosphere every time I go to Carrara because I know how much of a difference it can make. Even Dimma talked about the noise our supporters made after Noah's goal against Richmond and how it really stuck in his head.

If you can make your home ground a hostile enviornment for the opposition then they will make mistakes. We know that.

Reid and Yeo are gonna be pretty dangerous next week if we aren't accountable again

Not sure who needs to come out other than Read. Uwland was soundly beaten again, does Budarick earn a reprieve, or does Jeffrey get a look in?

Budarick was “managed” from the ressies. Can’t see him getting a call up.

And Sexton has played half a game of reserves in 2 weeks…

For me Read & Holman out.

Moyle & Jeffrey hopefully in.
They are part of our future best 22.

Luko moved forward.
Jeffrey down back.
Moyle 2nd ruck off the bench and/or rotating forward when needed.

Move magnets to replace Holman.

Uwland, Collins, Andrew
Flanders, Ballard, Powell
Clohesy, Miller, Fiorini
Lukosius, Walter, Ainsworth
Berry, King, Rogers

Witts, Rowell, Anderson

Humphrey, Jeffrey, Moyle, Graham.
Sub: Swallow

Rebound defenders needed. Can see why Dimma is chasing Rioli, Cummings… And can then get Flanders back into the midfield rotations.

Budarick was “managed” from the ressies. Can’t see him getting a call up.

And Sexton has played half a game of reserves in 2 weeks…

For me Read & Holman out.

Moyle & Jeffrey hopefully in.
They are part of our future best 22.

Luko moved forward.
Jeffrey down back.
Moyle 2nd ruck off the bench and/or rotating forward when needed.

Move magnets to replace Holman.

Uwland, Collins, Andrew
Flanders, Ballard, Powell
Clohesy, Miller, Fiorini
Lukosius, Walter, Ainsworth
Berry, King, Rogers

Witts, Rowell, Anderson

Humphrey, Jeffrey, Moyle, Graham.
Sub: Swallow

Rebound defenders needed. Can see why Dimma is chasing Rioli, Cummings… And can then get Flanders back into the midfield rotations.

Feel like Jeffrey could be what Luko is, but a bit more mobile. Probably the only player in the twos I would care to give a try.

Then Luko more up the ground, King at the edge of the 50 and Walter deep. Could see it.

Can’t see the club dropping Holman though, though I think we might be better for it in the long run. Might have to wait until Mally comes back for that. At best could move him to sub and Swallow on to start perhaps.

I'd be going Jeffery to half back, luko forward, read out. Have Andrew as the chop out ruck although they don't seem to want to have a defender as 2nd ruck. Swallow probably for Rogers but not sure if they drop Rogers after just the one game. Atkins as sub with the plan to play him in Flanders position and unleash Flanders in the middle in the 2nd half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back