Review Round 4 - Western Sydney @ Mt. Barker - 7th April 2024 - 12:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Touk's not going to stand out like 2022 anymore because the rest of the team has improved. He was a one man band sometimes then. Just cause he's not the Suns best player every week doesn't mean he's not playing well.
Absolutely, his leadership is so vital too with this young group. Something I noticed at a quiet Mt barker ground was who was really vocal and instructing team mates. The usual suspects Collins, touk, Anderson. But others that impressed were fiorini, rowell and also Lukosius.

Some in hear being harsh on touk, have seen some rolling AA teams with him in it. Definitely not back to 2022 form but that was a very high bar.
IMO, Touk is under-appreciated. Maybe people should watch his running patterns. I don't think anybody on our team comes even close to Touk's 2 way running and high-speed repeat runs. Last min of 3rd quarter was telling. We put forward pressure on GWS defence. Rosas, Berry went after defenders and surprise, surprise also Touk who sprinted 30m to disrupt GWS rebound.

Last edited:
Some in hear being harsh on touk, have seen some rolling AA teams with him in it. Definitely not back to 2022 form but that was a very high bar.
Imo he was robbed of that Brownlow. Should’ve polled at least 1 vote in the last round.

I love watching Luko move the ball out of defence but unless we give him the cover to play loose/semi loose he's a big liability down there. Would be good to see him rotate a bit more to the wing and HF so opposition can't plan to expose him with a match up that sets him up for failure on defensive transition.

I wasn't too happy with the defensive efforts but I was a bit harsh. His kicking was mostly sublime and he got ball, replaced secco really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back