Review Round 7 - West Coast @ PF Stadium - 28th April 2024 - 1:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

If you forget terrible start again and 40 points we gave Eagles on platter (Eagles were very accurate - 12.3) that was dominating game from us. Just look at stats.

I always love when we are harder at contest.

While we were younger, less experienced, 4 kids under 20.

Witts was great and took advantage of B Williams.

Rogers showed he has a bright future as the rest of our academy kids. He got speed, is clean, smart, great kick both legs, delivery.

Rowell was awesome.

Last edited:
I’m happy to tip my hat to Rogers. Was harsh on him last week in a loss, but this week he was electric. Very fast, with 4 goal assists and a goal himself. A lot to like.

When Rosas is fit, swap him for Holman; Berry, Rogers and Rosas will bring the heat and lead to scores (not just tackle stats…)

Midfield was dominant.

Backline is still not quite right. Luko doesn’t get the ball enough to warrant that spot, I think. I’m not sold on it, at all. Same with Flanders. Was better today but still lets his player get a bit too free at times.

Also, they kicked very straight. Teams seem to do that against us—hitting difficult set shots comfortably. Kick a few more behinds and it would be a solid 60 point win.

Rogers a chance of the rising star nom this week?

Mckercher had 32 in the backline

Rogers and Darcy Jones had 100x more impact

Tough. Body of work BS they pick Mckercher

Graham was solid too

So we are dominating at every aspect of the game and some people are still whinging. I don't get it. If we did not give them 6 goals we would be up by 60 at 3/4.

Double inside 50, 17 more clearances, 23 more contested possessions, 12 more tackles inside 50, 4 more total tackles despite dominance. Crazy to complain, IMO. No win is easy.

Even bloody Day should have 2 goals and played well in the ruck. No, just bash him. Casboult showed nothing close to it early in the season.

People love to complain hey. Probably a defense mechanism, but my god it’s the same sh*t from the same people every week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mini GF #2 2024 secured.
DoorDash, Beer and a replay
Uber to Orchard Ave
Poledancers and Scotch
My GC.

A Mini GF win after a Mini GF struggle till halftime.

One of the great days of my life.

Good times in the beautiful little city

Yew!!!!!!
Whats ya doordash order bodsy?

Just got home from an enjoyable afternoon in the end. First half was incredibly poor, but I’m optimistic after seeing them kick up a gear in the second rather than scrape over the line. Kicking triple digits for the first time in a while was great to see as well.

Good to see the midfield dominate. Also, Matty Rowell adding goal kicking to the bag is just unfair. What a freak.

As others have said, Rogers was incredible. Looked like Gryan Miers out there just putting the ball right on the chest of the key forwards, which stands out so much with the lack of footskill around him. Speaking of the key forwards, we looked so much better once we finally started lowering the eyes and putting it in front of them in the wet. King even got on the end of a few easy ones SHOCK HORROR.

The forward line as a whole turned up the pressure in the 3rd quarter and mostly stopped allowing West Coast to run it out.

Outside of that one inside 50 and the poster, thought Sam Day was serviceable.

The defence, however. Unforced error after unforced error, like the Suns of old. Even after we got on top in the third and had the chance to set up defensively, we let them right back into the game through basic errors. Incredibly frustrating. Then there was the lack of run and overlap for the most part, even when Collins/Ballard get the ball. Under no circumstance should either of them be kicking anything but an easy switch or a long down the line, but despite having Lukosius/Powell/Flanders/Atkins down there who should be running past begging for the ball at all times, we didn’t have 1 of them stand up and become the go to ‘quarterback’ that we look to go through at every opportunity like the best half backs in the league do. Just seems to be a lack of direction and understanding between players down there and as a result you get the Jack/Mac running around hand balling each other into trouble.

Just got home from an enjoyable afternoon in the end. First half was incredibly poor, but I’m optimistic after seeing them kick up a gear in the second rather than scrape over the line. Kicking triple digits for the first time in a while was great to see as well.

Good to see the midfield dominate. Also, Matty Rowell adding goal kicking to the bag is just unfair. What a freak.

As others have said, Rogers was incredible. Looked like Gryan Miers out there just putting the ball right on the chest of the key forwards, which stands out so much with the lack of footskill around him. Speaking of the key forwards, we looked so much better once we finally started lowering the eyes and putting it in front of them in the wet. King even got on the end of a few easy ones SHOCK HORROR.

The forward line as a whole turned up the pressure in the 3rd quarter and mostly stopped allowing West Coast to run it out.

Outside of that one inside 50 and the poster, thought Sam Day was serviceable.

The defence, however. Unforced error after unforced error, like the Suns of old. Even after we got on top in the third and had the chance to set up defensively, we let them right back into the game through basic errors. Incredibly frustrating. Then there was the lack of run and overlap for the most part, even when Collins/Ballard get the ball. Under no circumstance should either of them be kicking anything but an easy switch or a long down the line, but despite having Lukosius/Powell/Flanders/Atkins down there who should be running past begging for the ball at all times, we didn’t have 1 of them stand up and become the go to ‘quarterback’ that we look to go through at every opportunity like the best half backs in the league do. Just seems to be a lack of direction and understanding between players down there and as a result you get the Jack/Mac running around hand balling each other into trouble.
I'd be going extremely hard at Rioli. He'd be amazing for us off HB

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think what jake Rogers showed today was a true performance of a pressure forward, not just a forward who tries to stop a defender but puts the opposition under pressure by creating chances for the forwards. He's capable of applying a tackle when needed but someone who creates that link up play and lowers the eyes to a leading forward is putting the defence under total pressure. Holman at this stage looks like the one to make way for rosas.

Big game from the Gold Coast midfield -
Witts: 47 hitouts (oppo had 15), 18 disposals, 10 clearances, 8 tackles, 1 goal.
Anderson: 33 disposals, 12 clearances, 4 tackles, 2 goals
Miller: 27 disposals, 5 clearances, 10 tackles
Rowell: 22 disposals (18 contested), 10 clearances, 13 tackles, 2 goals
Also some big games for Will Graham (12d/5c/11t) and Jake Rogers (22d/3c/3t and a goal)

But Mac Andrew didn't randomly start a fight with a West Coast player 2/10 fold the team and move to Tassie

I think what Jake Rogers showed today was a true performance of a pressure forward, not just a forward who tries to stop a defender but puts the opposition under pressure by creating chances for the forwards. He's capable of applying a tackle when needed but someone who creates that link up play and lowers the eyes to a leading forward is putting the defence under total pressure. Holman at this stage looks like the one to make way for rosas.

I wonder if Holman could solve our problem at the other end of the ground. A small forward kicks a bag on us each week, and we don’t have anybody to cover them. Holman could be that high-pressure lockdown defender we need.

I see Jones running around for Westscray every week and wonder “ What if?”
Nice of the midfield to finally show up today
Sam Day shouldn’t be on an AFL list but the CHF chop out ruck cupboard is bare
He does what he can and always gives as much as can
It’s just not very much unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back