Review Round 4 - Western Sydney @ Mt. Barker - 7th April 2024 - 12:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody hell, Dimma is starting to piss me off. How about not to play Casboult. Luko wants to play forward.
Ahead of playing Greater Western Sydney at Mt Barker on Sunday, Lukosius said he expected to remain in defence, with the flexibility to float forward.

"'Dimma' is still trying to shape his system into what he sees … so wherever he wants me to play is where I'll be," the South Australian said.

Bloody hell, Dimma is starting to piss me off. How about not to play Casboult. Luko wants to play forward.

Jacks a forward and should play on the wing when he ain’t getting enough of the ball imo

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well, that’s dumb if he is being used that way. He can be a good kick off halfback, but I don’t think that is where our system is breaking down.

Also means no Mac Andrew I’d say.

And possibly keeping Casboult in the team with Walter and King.

Hopefully we won’t be going in with the same team lineup in the same positions that got blown away by Bulldogs…

If the only change is Rosas for Long, then that is poor after such a big loss. Need some accountability to players.

Well, that’s dumb if he is being used that way. He can be a good kick off halfback, but I don’t think that is where our system is breaking down.

Hopefully we won’t be going in with the same team lineup in the same positions that got blown away by Bulldogs…

If the only change is Rosas for Long, then that is poor after such a big loss. Need some accountability to players.
Yeah, it looks like the same line-up with Rosas -> Long.

IMO, Luko finally found his role last year. Easily most valuable role for us. I am confident, he could score 50+, probably more than King. Surely, he can play in defence but his is more valuable as a forward/high HF, delivering I50 especially now with accurate set shots. Just look at his goal against WB. This move will probably also alienate Luko. He definitely wanted to play forward.

Yes, Andrew is also a good kick and could play similar role in defence. Andrew looks like in a doghouse for whatever reason.

I understand, Dimma wants Casboult helping in the ruck but that's not a long-term solution. He slowed down, dropped off from last year performance.

Frustrating for me. We better win more than lose this year.

Love the boys but we match up so bad against GWS

GWS by 40+

Bring some pressure for 4 quarters is all I ask, but yeah we just can’t score often enough with our entries

If you're arguing Luko is a better KPF than King Casboult and Walter you could make a strong case
But if you're playing those 3 up forward-none of whom have a defensive bone in their body and given Levi has to play unless you have another chopout ruck option then unfortunately Luko's versatilty means he's going back
Does it irk me?Yes
Is it understandable-unfortunately also yes

If you're arguing Luko is a better KPF than King Casboult and Walter you could make a strong case
But if you're playing those 3 up forward-none of whom have a defensive bone in their body and given Levi has to play unless you have another chopout ruck option then unfortunately Luko's versatilty means he's going back
Does it irk me?Yes
Is it understandable-unfortunately also yes

The bigger question is why can’t Mac Andrew play when he is needed in DEF/RUCK. Needs to sort it asap, we need him in

IMO, Luko finally found his role last year. Easily most valuable role for us. I am confident, he could score 50+, probably more than King. Surely, he can play in defence but his is more valuable as a forward/high HF, delivering I50 especially now with accurate set shots. Just look at his goal against WB. This move will probably also alienate Luko. He definitely wanted to play forward.

Yes, Andrew is also a good kick and could play similar role in defence. Andrew looks like in a doghouse for whatever reason.

I understand, Dimma wants Casboult helping in the ruck but that's not a long-term solution. He slowed down, dropped off from last year performance.

Definitely some selection choices that I’m questioning.

If we win, no questioning.

But if we lose to teams constantly, then these obviously questionable choices stand out.

You’re right. Mac is a pretty good kick and could play that role pretty well. Sure, Luko is probably a better kick, but we need that going forward.

Casboult shouldn’t play. Zero goals in 3 games for an aging forward. I understand persisting if King or Luko has a down month, but not Casboult.

Even if Witts is out, Moyle + Mac + Luko/Walter forward 50 is enough of a ruck spread for a few games until Witts in back.

Definitely some selection choices that I’m questioning.

If we win, no questioning.

But if we lose to teams constantly, then these obviously questionable choices stand out.

You’re right. Mac is a pretty good kick and could play that role pretty well. Sure, Luko is probably a better kick, but we need that going forward.

Casboult shouldn’t play. Zero goals in 3 games for an aging forward. I understand persisting if King or Luko has a down month, but not Casboult.

Even if Witts is out, Moyle + Mac + Luko/Walter forward 50 is enough of a ruck spread for a few games until Witts in back.
Yeah, the same here.

I'm not against luko going back like some, he was tracking to become an all Australian half back early in his career and his kicking is so beneficial in today's zoning style of game. But if he is back there he shouldn't be used as a tall, he probably takes Sexton's or Budaricks role now as the half back who plays on the high half forward but is happy to drop off them. We should also see him bob up around the 70m range to have a bomb at goal.
I am concerned about mac Andrew and although I see the reasoning behind the casboult selection I would be rolling the dice now on Andrew fwd/ ruck if they don't see a spot in defence for him. King almost needs to lead away from the contest this week to get Sam Taylor away from it so it will be important our other talls are ready to step up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not against luko going back like some, he was tracking to become an all Australian half back early in his career and his kicking is so beneficial in today's zoning style of game. But if he is back there he shouldn't be used as a tall, he probably takes Sexton's or Budaricks role now as the half back who plays on the high half forward but is happy to drop off them. We should also see him bob up around the 70m range to have a bomb at goal.
I am concerned about mac Andrew and although I see the reasoning behind the casboult selection I would be rolling the dice now on Andrew fwd/ ruck if they don't see a spot in defence for him. King almost needs to lead away from the contest this week to get Sam Taylor away from it so it will be important our other talls are ready to step up.
If we ever play Andrew forward and Luko back, I think we are just trying things for the sake of it…

I am hoping we are using Luko as a swing man during rotations. Go back to help when rotations are needed, go forward to help when it is the same etc. Hopefully just to get him more involved.

It’s all conjecture anyway. Doesn’t seem like Mac is a preferred option for selection right now.

Captain Jarrod Witts will be available for selection after missing the Round 2 match against the Western Bulldogs with a groin complaint, while Bailey Humphrey will be a test to return after suffering a shoulder injury at training prior to that game.

Good news (though sucks for Moyle).

And if Witts is in, we can definitely afford to drop Casboult.

But if there is even the smallest doubt on Witta, don’t risk it for the Giants. Get him 100% for the Hawks at home.

I love Casbolt but he turns like the Titanic

Mac must of hit on Dimma missus

Captain Jarrod Witts will be available for selection after missing the Round 2 match against the Western Bulldogs with a groin complaint, while Bailey Humphrey will be a test to return after suffering a shoulder injury at training prior to that game.
Don't know what others think but it feels like we actually have a chance now that we know Witts will be playing. That's how important he is IMO. Guessing Bailey will play as well so we're essentially going to be rolling out a full strength line up minus Weller.

Hopefully the boys learned a lot from the pre-season game against the Giants and show up to play for four quarters this time.

Don't know what others think but it feels like we actually have a chance now that we know Witts will be playing. That's how important he is IMO. Guessing Bailey will play as well so we're essentially going to be rolling out a full strength line up minus Weller.

Hopefully the boys learned a lot from the pre-season game against the Giants and show up to play for four quarters this time.
I always feel that Witts gets a bath by ruckman like Briggs. If they are big and aggressive they seem to get the better of him.

GWS mids are also a lot faster out of clearances. Gonna take a big effort to even try and match them there. Because that’s where we’ve been done the last few times. And we all know if our mids get beaten, our team gets beaten.

If we assume that we will never beat GWS ever again...
Then another loss means nothing.

If we assume that we will never beat GWS ever again...
Then a win means we can run semi-naked through the streets with a bottle of scotch in hand yelling something about betwetters and Vic bias and that green is not a real colour.

LFG!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back