Review Round 6 - Sydney @ The SCG - 21st April 2024 - 1pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Winnable! Our momentum with them coming off a bye, very winnable!
Same thoughts, you would think the inform team would win this.

Swans Lost to Richmond, very poor against Eagles & then the bye.

Would be a massive win. Isaac Heeney the best in the comp, lets just outwork him

Our recent history at the SCG is decent we’ve won 3 of the last 5. We always seem to play alright there. Reckon we can pull it off.
If we win I’ll be pulling it off !!

I don't want Long near the team as a forward.

Jeffery pls
Jeffery looked good in the vfl, some of his kicking was superb. Just too tall? Strike while the iron is hot and go Rogers?

Swallow might start, i wouldn't mind maybe him or holman tagging Blakey. He is so crucial to Sydney's scoring, if we get up on the clearances and stop their run from defence it's game over

Prime opportunity to give Jake Roger’s a 3-4 week crack as a small forward.

I’m guessing he or Lombard should push Holman out of the best 23 next season.

P.s.

IMG_3782.jpeg

Prime opportunity to give Jake Roger’s a 3-4 week crack as a small forward.

I’m guessing he or Lombard should push Holman out of the best 23 next season.

P.s.

View attachment 1959524
You said next season. I saw "next week", and then I'm thinking.. is there a sneaky rule to get lombard drafted this soon haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long is part of yesterday - Jeffery, Rogers or give Swallow a full game. I'd prefer Jeffery, give Jake a couple more games in the 2s and keep Swallow as the permanent sub - he's very very good at that role.
Dimma would want probably the same role player - pressure forward. Jeffrey is not that. Rogers for me if he is ready. He did look good in VFL. Swallow would be probably OK. Otherwise, depth players you don't like. Based on VFL game possibly Long, Ace.

Last edited:
It has to be Spitta
He's in and under outside and can hit the scoreboard and can still run through the middle
Can't beat some experience against the Swans either
Just as an aside Dave has scored about the same number of goals as Sam Day over their careers at The Suns
I reckon the fact Sam is still on an AFL list is one of the great sporting mysteries of all time

It has to be Spitta
He's in and under outside and can hit the scoreboard and can still run through the middle
Can't beat some experience against the Swans either
Just as an aside Dave has scored about the same number of goals as Sam Day over their careers at The Suns
I reckon the fact Sam is still on an AFL list is one of the great sporting mysteries of all time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You could throw a blanket over 4 or 5 that could easily take the sub role with Mally out
However if Cheat Code was hiding under the blanket I'd be unhappy
I could live with any of Rat Secco Long Jeffers
In a game on the weekend where Rat got leather poisoning was disappointing to see Alex Davies is still struggling to get much footy or have a significant impact -at least statistically-I didn't see the game
Others are going past him in a rush viz a viz Flanders Graham Closehy Berry
It's looking like a long way back for Alex

You could throw a blanket over 4 or 5 that could easily take the sub role with Mally out
However if Cheat Code was hiding under the blanket I'd be unhappy
I could live with any of Rat Secco Long Jeffers
In a game on the weekend where Rat got leather poisoning was disappointing to see Alex Davies is still struggling to get much footy or have a significant impact -at least statistically-I didn't see the game
Others are going past him in a rush viz a viz Flanders Graham Closehy Berry
It's looking like a long way back for Alex
I watched only the first half so far but let's say without Davies in the middle we would probably end up like in the first game. We are a bit short in the middle in VFL. Davies big body was sorely needed and I thought he played quite well in the first half. It was his first game after a long layoff. I cut him some slack.

Mahony, Ellis in the middle is not exciting.

Just apply midfield pressure and we’ll win, the times we lose to Sydney we let them do what they want.

Pressure was elite against hawks, let’s just back it up and we’ll be fine.

Clohesy will get to play on the competitions best winger Errol Gulden, I’m not gonna suggest to limit him as he’s a running machine but limit Errol and Warners inside 50s will. Give our backs a chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back