Review Round 7 - West Coast @ PF Stadium - 28th April 2024 - 1:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Predicting a walter breakout game with 5+ goal.
Without Barrass, I've got a strong feeling about a Walter breakout game as well. Jed grew up supporting the Eagles so he should be fired up to perform and our mids should be in a better position to feed him now that we know Harley Reid won't be playing.

Not really feeling the angst this week. Got done on the road by probably the most well drilled team in the league on their uniquely shaped home ground that they took advantage on. Was super sh*t but its going to happen early on with this new look young team.

We’re always going to be a different team on our home deck against a side travelling across the country with 2 big outs and I don’t think you can take too much out of last week as to how we will go this week.

I think we win, but I want to see us working on our discipline to the gameplan to continue to set us up going forward, rather than just how many points we win by. I’d also like to see King up the ground for stretches with Jed in the square, Flanders moving back into the guts for stretches at least and Powell back to primary ball user out of the backline, as well as more of Jack getting the ball in dangerous positions to stretch the field. Keep seeing what works and what doesn’t now to set us up for the long term.

More likely (and this is a poor reflection on Suns) is they actually believe they can beat us without him. Store him away for the next two big games to come. Yet another reason we need to win this big time and by a LOT - if not we should be ashamed.
I think its more likely that he has had a massive workload in the first 6 games and is due a rest in the next few weeks so makes sense to leave him at home for one of the longest road trips they’ll do rather than a home game on Melbourne game which they have in the next few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know what’s more annoying saying every game against a lower team is a Mini GF or the SO IM TOLD message that did rounds years back. We play well we win.
Sounds like you are having a go at me.
That’s not very nice.

In fact that’s two meant to be fellow Gold Coast people being mean.

Not worth it.

The punishment is no more posts from Mini GF until after Mini GF #2.

I’ll be with the more jovial and nicer people at the winless Titans forum.

Be there on Sunday folks and don’t lose.

Last edited:
Sounds like you are having a go at me.
That’s not very nice.

In fact that’s two meant to be fellow Gold Coast people being mean.

Not worth it.

The punishment is no more posts from Mini GF until after Mini GF #2.

I’ll be with the more jovial and nicer people at the winless Titans forum.

Be there on Sunday folks and don’t lose.

Not having a go just too early to be calling games mini GFs. If any game is a mini GF it’s next week against the lions… we need to start winning on the road

Not having a go just too early to be calling games mini GFs. If any game is a mini GF it’s next week against the lions… we need to start winning on the road
You're right - if we do get done by Eagles then the game against Lions will definitely be a Mini GF - it's all over for 2024. Facts sometimes hurt. On the other hand if we do beat Eagles (as we should) the game is less of a Mini GF - maybe just a Prelim.

Question - did any members receive an email offer to bring a friend along for free? I called the Suns earlier in the week to purchase tickets for friends and they said the email was sent earlier but I never received it. They said they’d send it to me but I still haven’t got it?

Just different opinions. Why not to accept that?

By all means go and call Mini GF every game if it gets you going. Call for being ashamed if we lose to Eagles.

For me it's a bit silly. Every game is important. Every game is winnable.

Dimma is in his first year and talks almost every presser that supposedly we are just above water right now while implementing a new plan and we will benefit from playing kids down the track when we will push for the finals.

That's what I am really interested in. Is he correct? Will we follow GWS and Collinwood in their first year under a new coach (again Dimma uses those teams as an example often)?

Dimma also talks about peaking after bye. Did we adjust physical preparation accordingly?

There will be some nice melts here if we end up something like 2-8 similar to GWS last year and don't make finals push later in the season and fall off the cliff as it usually happens.

We do show some good footy basically in every game so I do hope Dimma is right. He got credits in the bank and seems committed and invigorated.

Another question is, do we have a list to play finals this year? I think we have. One main reason why Dew was fired was that he could not make the team to take a next step. General consensus was we should have play finals in 2023 and we underperformed.

Dimma deserves at least half season to figure it out, implement his plan. But it will not surprise me if it takes the whole season. I doubt we are in the same situation as GWS were last year. They had experienced team. Right now, we play 2nd youngest line-up (and it's not even close to the rest of competition).

Personally, I was very annoyed that we started slowly against Swans again. I am still annoyed. You can't start like that on the road. Some of those easy missed shots were killers. And yes, there were some shocking kicks, turnovers, penalties.

I predict

Eagles W
Lions L
North W

And then while being 5W:4L and on 5 days break we play Cats in Darwin as our home game.

That's your Mini GF 😂

Last edited:
Question - did any members receive an email offer to bring a friend along for free? I called the Suns earlier in the week to purchase tickets for friends and they said the email was sent earlier but I never received it. They said they’d send it to me but I still haven’t got it?

Email came yesterday
0f3192fe80de9aff3272299950756ea7.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back