Remove this Banner Ad

Coaches' votes
9 Jai Newcombe (HAW)
8 Dylan Moore (HAW)
7 Conor Nash (HAW)
3 Harry Morrison (HAW)
2 Jarman Impey (HAW)
1 Tristan Xerri (NMFC)

Nash isn't going anywhere, those who wish it.

Fair votes IMO. Probably broken down like below, though the last two votes for each could be interchangeable.

5 - Newcombe
4 - Nash
3 - Moore
2 - Morrison
1 - Xerri

5 - Moore
4 - Newcombe
3 - Nash
2 - Impey
1 - Morrison

Maginnes looks different as a frwd, or is it just me? Doesn't seem to blink. Concentration through the roof 😂. Well done though, can absolutely see him becoming that high half frwd running up and down the ground all day , with stints in the middle. Rapt for him.

Maginnes looks different as a frwd, or is it just me? Doesn't seem to blink. Concentration through the roof 😂. Well done though, can absolutely see him becoming that high half frwd running up and down the ground all day , with stints in the middle. Rapt for him.
Love his ability to stand up in a tackle and dish off. Agree he looks at home up fwd it’s great he has this string to his bow.

Yeah, I could care less if they were ever to fold.
Sorry to go full grumbleguts here, but you COULDN'T care less.

Saying you could care less means you do care (at least a little).

Sorry to go full grumbleguts here, but you COULDN'T care less.

Saying you could care less means you do care (at least a little).
Yeah stupid autocorrect got me

He's looking like an elite, diligent athlete who is approaching his 40th game of AFL. A guy like him around the club is worth his weight in gold

Amen.

The station location is the only small positive, which is completely negated by the sometimes unpleasant crush in those ridiculously narrow exit pathways between apartment blocks and over the bridge.

The staff are utterly clueless at Marvel, from being funnelled into the bag-checking queue and waiting 10 mins only to be waved through with no check, to then sit at the turnstiles whilst some numpty can't find their access ticket on their phone.

My partner has had a stroke so she has to use the lift, and if I'm told one more time "This is for Level 2 & Corporate only" by some bad attitudinal twenty-something who thinks being lift monitor is actually a career pathway to better things, I'll honestly chin the twat.

Don't get me started on pricing. $7 for 2 cold partially filled donuts - smaller than the ones outside the G which are 6 for $10

They were probably warm once, but by the time the serving woman bothered to put her phone down and get them, that heat was long gone.

I despise Marvel and the really consistently lazy and sour attitudes of a significant % of the matchday staff.

I get it - not a brilliant job, but Sunday rates should make up for it.

Wasn't too bad on 3, but that's because it was easily 85% Hawthorn fans around us.
FYI, Marvel staff receive the same flat rate no matter the day of the week. It’s actually a great job, although patrons like you (thankfully few and far between) do tend to ruin it a little bit.

I think Sam has done a great job with Finn in the forward line because of his capacity to run all day. His ability to run hard both ways is going to be a key for the team going forward. This is the thing that gives leading teams like Geelong an edge. I think he has a very good future ahead of him. He has an essential attribute for the modern game.

My hope is that he could become a bit like Touk Miller from GC

FYI, Marvel staff receive the same flat rate no matter the day of the week. It’s actually a great job, although patrons like you (thankfully few and far between) do tend to ruin it a little bit.

The old princes park was the pits. Waverley was friendlier then the weather

Massive task for Reeves to change his way of playing at this point. He’s never been a combative ruck, which is what the new rule has required of players.

I wonder what his long term spot is with us if Meek takes his number 1 role long term as Meek has aggression also a bit like Robbie Campbell did in the 08 side.

Unless he can hold down a forward position and spent time in the ruck e.g like De Koning does for the Blues and Hale used to do for us not sure we can carry two ruckman who just ruck.

I see Ramsden being able to do this more than Reeves can at the moment but things can change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

Anyone know where we can find some polish

images (1) (6)~2.jpeg

I see Ramsden being able to do this more than Reeves can at the moment but things can change.
The string beans have been replaced by the bears this year. Luckily we had a bear in reserve as Noodle is well and truly waiting his turn for another game now. It is first ruck or nothing for him.

The adjudication of rucking duels are a mess in the AFL at present.
Who knew there was such a need to change the rule only to add even more confusion? It felt rushed or forced. Half the time no one around the contest is sure which ruckman is getting a free.

very few rucks are jumping at the contest or are prevented from doing so and we therefore seem to have more congestion or secondary contests.

A bit harsh! The guy / gal has told you his partner has had a stroke and he feels like his family is being harassed by the elevator staff.

A little compassion and help goes along way.

Surely there would be assistance for patrons with a medical disability. Point the patron in that direction.

* Maybe a nice guy who just needs a break, a small win. Sounds like it to me personally!

Last edited:
North are so terrible I don’t even bother sending banter to supporter mates, that’s when you know it’s pickled.

I would like the club to launch a full blown investigation into umpiring, the most bullshit assey frees are always paid against us and never in return, if we trawled through every game and noted every free kick it would be a mountain of evidence now. It genuinely makes me not want to go to the footy either.

The amount of blatant free we don’t get is quite unbelievable now, it’s like we play a different game to every other team.

Glad I'm not the only one who also feels this way. Did get our share of frees but it's the blatant one's they don't pay then pay against us that gets my blood boiling!

The string beans have been replaced by the bears this year. Luckily we had a bear in reserve as Noodle is well and truly waiting his turn for another game now. It is first ruck or nothing for him.

The adjudication of rucking duels are a mess in the AFL at present.
Who knew there was such a need to change the rule only to add even more confusion? It felt rushed or forced. Half the time no one around the contest is sure which ruckman is getting a free.

very few rucks are jumping at the contest or are prevented from doing so and we therefore seem to have more congestion or secondary contests.
Were they changed before or after Grundy went to Sydney?

King on first crack last night and SEN today is absolutely fuming imo but doing a decent job of holding it in
He is actually questioning Clarko and the club in general now .

The other one is an absolute waste of space
I was wondering who DB was until you provided the clue. The bloke simply doesn't register on my radar anymore and has been on my don't read/view/hear list since 2023.

As for Kingy, I respect his analysis and appreciate the pain he's feeling for the club he played for and supports. Thought his comments were balanced. Kudos to him for putting Clarko's credentials on the table. I'll always be grateful for what Clarko did for us but reckon us Hawks fans realise, much more than media folk, that he's no longer the coach he once was. He messed up our rebuild big time and Kingy has now rightly started questioning whether he has the appetite - and ability - to rebuild his own club.

For anyone who watches the replay when McKenzie ‘hits the post’ in the second term it looks like the North player actually kicks the bottom of the post making Snicko go off 😳😳
Nah, that one looked like it clipped the post. All reviews were correct, just ridiculous that they were needed

There's no wrong place to rant about that shithole of a stadium. It's a soulless shell in the most depressingly bleak part of the city. Docklands is a blight on the Melbourne landscape and Marvel Stadium is a fitting centrepiece. It has no personality, no charm, no atmosphere - when the MCG is such a brilliant bloody venue I don't know how Marvel gets it so very wrong on every level. Then there's the crowd crush getting out of the place onto that stupid narrowing path to Spencer St Station or down onto the trams where there's never enough of them to service the crowds. It's a pathetic tinpot venue and it is not deserving of a sporting public such as Melbourne's. The AFL should detonate the stupid thing and start again.
You’re both bang on. Absolute shithole of a joint.

Up until 2 years ago I’d attend every single game played in Melbourne (home or away).

I skip the Marvel games now and watch in comfort from the couch. I do feel a bit guilty that I’m not there supporting the boys in these games but I just can’t do it anymore.

Puts him in the same bracket as Andrews, McCartin and Jones. Esava also has a high win rate but doesn't get as many 1v1s.

Weitering and Taylor are the truly elite of the elite. Taylor hasn't lost a single 1v1 this season (100% win rate) and Weitering has a 93% win rate. Ballard and May at about 85-90%.

Melican has also been really good. Would be a good pick up now that he's fit. Is he out of contract this year?
I don't get the 1v1 stat. If you get beaten on the lead it doesn't get counted as a 1v1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back