Autopsy Round 6, 2024 : Hawks skittle Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re both bang on. Absolute shithole of a joint.

Up until 2 years ago I’d attend every single game played in Melbourne (home or away).

I skip the Marvel games now and watch in comfort from the couch. I do feel a bit guilty that I’m not there supporting the boys in these games but I just can’t do it anymore.
Same. I've boycotted the joint.

Nah, that one looked like it clipped the post. All reviews were correct, just ridiculous that they were needed
The elephant in the room, which again I've not seen mentioned anywhere, is that the goal umpire who requested most of the reviews is Shane Hosking. Yes, the same goal umpire who mucked up with the Josh Jenkins "hit the post" goal in the Showdown years ago and the Keyes "didn't hit the post" goal against the Swans last year.

It's pretty evident that those things are running through his head when he's out there now.

Glad I'm not the only one who also feels this way. Did get our share of frees but it's the blatant one's they don't pay then pay against us that gets my blood boiling!
Thought we had the rub of the green with the umpiring especially after quarter time. They had 6-2 in the 1st and Frost should have got a free for marking interference with one of their 2 goals. In the last 40 years we are about -2800 for free kicks (clearly the worst) with the Bulldogs (not surprisingly) the most favoured with about +2400!

The elephant in the room, which again I've not seen mentioned anywhere, is that the goal umpire who requested most of the reviews is Shane Hosking. Yes, the same goal umpire who mucked up with the Josh Jenkins "hit the post" goal in the Showdown years ago and the Keyes "didn't hit the post" goal against the Swans last year.

It's pretty evident that those things are running through his head when he's out there now.
I did actually see that somewhere, that it was the same bloke as the Keays incident. It's the goal umpire version of "Hearing footsteps"!

Interesting listen on Dan Gorringe's podcast this week about the match. I know people are going to say he's s**t, but I like him - he's got no ties to any media outlet nor is he AFL accredited. Isn't a mouthpiece like other former players - Cotchin, Selwood, any of the other channel 7 guys.

Said that he has doubts whether Clarko is up for it. Says that between us and West Coast, you can see the plan of how we want to play going forwards, but there's just nothing with that from North and the players don't look up for it.

The most interesting comment was that players view the press conference as direct feedback for their performance. i.e. the skills weren't good enough - work on your skills this week. If the coach says the effort just isn't good enough, read between the lines.

We know how Clarko's press conferences go - cliches, sayings etc. and that was the same this week. He doesn't call out the lack of heart and effort.
Compare that to Sam's last week where he said our performance wasn't acceptable and we're past that. Look what happens then.

A sad ending, but I don't think Clarko will see out his contract.

Interesting listen on Dan Gorringe's podcast this week about the match. I know people are going to say he's s**t, but I like him - he's got no ties to any media outlet nor is he AFL accredited. Isn't a mouthpiece like other former players - Cotchin, Selwood, any of the other channel 7 guys.

Said that he has doubts whether Clarko is up for it. Says that between us and West Coast, you can see the plan of how we want to play going forwards, but there's just nothing with that from North and the players don't look up for it.

The most interesting comment was that players view the press conference as direct feedback for their performance. i.e. the skills weren't good enough - work on your skills this week. If the coach says the effort just isn't good enough, read between the lines.

We know how Clarko's press conferences go - cliches, sayings etc. and that was the same this week. He doesn't call out the lack of heart and effort.
Compare that to Sam's last week where he said our performance wasn't acceptable and we're past that. Look what happens then.

A sad ending, but I don't think Clarko will see out his contract.
Tas 28 is the plan.
$$$$$$

A bit harsh! The guy / gal has told you his partner has had a stroke and he feels like his family is being harassed by the elevator staff.

A little compassion and help goes along way.

Surely there would be assistance for patrons with a medical disability. Point the patron in that direction.

* Maybe a nice guy who just needs a break, a small win. Sounds like it to me personally!

Thankyou for those kind words.

My partner is a proud person - she shouldn't have to point out her disability to get a ride to the 3rd floor - a trip that would be painful and slow on the long walk up the ramps.

The comment from the person (probably) working at Marvel sums up their attitude to patrons who cause them to actually do some work.

Interesting point. Something I notice Sam does a lot is he puts specific failures directly back on himself and the coaching team a lot more than I can remember Clarko ever doing. And where Clarko and other senior coaches might attribute blame to coaching decisions it's still typically framed in the context of "we the club" - the collective of coaches and players.

It would be interesting to hear the perspective of players about having a coach who draws such clear lines of responsibility and accountability, Newmo89. I would imagine having a senior coach publicly take responsibility for coaching failures would really reinforce trust and make the impact of criticisms levelled at the playing group (like after the Suns game) carry a lot more weight.

North were something else, it was just crazy to watch at the game, when a side at our level just goes down the middle so often and so easily, it's just something I haven't seen in a fair while and I think they were very lucky the scoreline was so flattering. I have little interest in former coaches but that list is a masterpiece that took many years to screw up so completely.

Despite having crap eyesight due to losing my glasses recently, Chol impressed me, didn't make an impact by benefitting from North being a shambles, made his own luck and only the worst kicks to him weren't a contest, he brought the ball down quite a bit as well which was good. And Frost and Gunston seemed like they really provided decent leadership and settled the team, probably always an underrated part of Gunstons game.

It would take the board making the decision and probably involve 3 people watching tape and noting every possible free and a variation of outcomes - I could get it done for $1000-$3000 a week. (Not joking either) Poo change for an afl club.

Their have been games where’s players have looked visibly dejected by umpiring so the very least the club would have evidence to instruct players on the game, communicate with head office or just go the whole hog and go to the media. Entertainment business is at critical point of turning into how the NBA is officiated - our fans and past players won’t cop this though.

Now that I say it out loud maybe every club should. As a fan all I want to do is turn up to the footy and know both teams had a dip, great contest and either club wasn’t unfairly given blatant advantage.
I’ll have “Things That Are Never Going to Happen” for $200 thanks Alex.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my proudest moments was legitimately clogging one of the sh*tters at the, then, Telstra Dome.

I did that in solidarity with everyone who hates that joint.
talking homer simpson GIF

Your nation salutes you J2S

I wonder what his long term spot is with us if Meek takes his number 1 role long term as Meek has aggression also a bit like Robbie Campbell did in the 08 side.

Unless he can hold down a forward position and spent time in the ruck e.g like De Koning does for the Blues and Hale used to do for us not sure we can carry two ruckman who just ruck.

I see Ramsden being able to do this more than Reeves can at the moment but things can change.
Reeves is really not a good mark at all though. He doesn’t have the overhead ability of say a Hale or Big Boy to be able to play up forward (I doubt he will develop that ability either at 25).

It’s first ruck or nothing for him, I don’t think that’s going to change going forward.

James Henderson is one of the Tasmanian heavies… cop that North. Sheeeeezus. Fagan could be his gm and Pelchen can finally get a job again.

Sheedy trajectory. Don’t let them walk over you…
What does this translate to in English?

One thing I noticed that would be concerning for North fans.

When Moore had his set shot at goal at the end of the second quarter, from about 25m out, he hooked around and snapped it. His kick wasn't a high one and crossed the line quite low, it could have potentially been touched, but there were no players on the line.

That is just rookie level stuff and is so lazy.

When Moore had his set shot at goal at the end of the second quarter, from about 25m out, he hooked around and snapped it. His kick wasn't a high one and crossed the line quite low, it could have potentially been touched, but there were no players on the line.

Under 12s.
Clarko would've had a fit.

Watch Sheezels effort to smother when Karl snaps his goal in the last.

I thought it was alarm bells when they played Carlton .
Coleman-Jones getting stretchered off , only players to see if he was OK were Carlton players .
Not one North player went to him......was a terrible look

I thought it was alarm bells when they played Carlton .
Coleman-Jones getting stretchered off , only players to see if he was OK were Carlton players .
Not one North player went to him......was a terrible look
Their video of what they did for jobs before AFL said a lot…

What does this translate to in English?
As TylerDurden said, Clarko to Tasmania is a possibility.

His manager is James Henderson who is a key figure in the formation of theTasmanian club. Clarko goes, Sheeze is still stuck on his Kangas contract. North are doing nothing between now and the end of Clarkos contract, wasted the last ten years of his coaching life. He is virtually in Sheedy territory with his final years and then pops up with a new franchise and has his infamous prematch recorded that has been mocked since.

Fagan will have left the Lions, is a Tasmanian and doesn’t Clarko stick fattest with his mates. Fagan can be the Mark Williams to Clarko/Sheedy at the devils.

Pelchen, getting the 2004 gang back together.

Thought it explained itself really😉.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back