Autopsy Round 5, 2024 - Suns destroy hopeless Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

First off the good - I love D'Ambrosio, the guy is all heart and wasn't expecting that.

Now the bad... That is one of the worst midfield performances i have ever seen at AFL level. Newc, Ward, Nash and Mackenzie for a half all showed absolutely nothing. It was so one sided it is actually hard to even judge the other two ends of the ground.

Concerned about Ramsden and Butler at the moment as well.

I'm a fairly positive guy and have great faith in our rebuild.

Tonights the first time I can remember players genuinely pissing me off haha.

Slipped tackles. Dropped marks. Losing 3 v 1s. Young players being soft. Senior players losing their heads.

Gold Coast have a lot of talent on their list, there's no doubt. Effort doesn't require much talent though, and I thought our effort tonight was shameful.

What in the heck is going on with Ward, Mackenzie and Newcombe? 20 odd disposals and a substitution between the three of them.

Maginness, Scrimshaw, Meek, Amon, Frost and D'Ambrosio all excellent.

4 of those 6 you would assume on talent are ranked between 16-25 at the club, and it is both a positive and worrying sign that they're in our best.

We have and can play significantly better than we did tonight. Reinforcements are badly needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Thumper's mum once said "if you cant say something nice, don't say nuthin' at all.

So I'm out.

See you all sometime in the next fortnight.

Go at it.

My sincerest apologies to Port, Freo fans & the wider AFL audience. That tripe was not worthy of free to air coverage. A sad indictment of what we've become. A rabble.

Hawthorn is broken & each week I'm less convinced that Mitchell is the prodigal son.

The midfield as a whole has regressed extremely badly.

Whilst I believe that clearly these players were getting ahead of themselves, serious questions need to be asked of what the hell the mid coaching setup is, as for it fall off this badly, it's basically all factors are contributing to it.

Day, Newk, Worps and Nash were all top 4 PCMs last year - one is out, one is playing well, but the other two have dropped off the face of the earth. I just have no idea what's going on and what is triggering such an alarming fall in performances

Remove this Banner Ad

Back