Preview Round 4, 2024 : Collingwood v Hawks, 5:10pm Sunday 7th, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the Barra's Yarma (Captain's run today)
Hardwick with the backs.
Amon with the backs.
Finn with the forwards.
Massimo with the mids.
what about Weddle?
only way I see Mitchell starting is if Weddle is then full time wing, otherwise you have 7 defenders already.
sub looks to be between Hustwaite & Mitchell to me, if its Hustwaite someone is going to need to get a lot more CBAs from last weeks team, Ward maybe like vs Dees?

In all seriously

Wollingcould is the one team we actually match up on mainly as they dont have and real key forwards. They have dangerous midsized and small forward but i feel we have them covered. They also dont have an imposing midfield like say the Dees. If our makeshift forward line can snag 13plus goals we are in with a shot.

Hawks by 7

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lachie Bramble and Jack Scrimshaw both said last year that they struggled playing as the sub. They both said that you feel great for the first 5 minutes you're out there but then any advantage you had is gone. They said the waiting around to be finally called into the game was the worst as you couldn't be as mentally prepared as if you were starting the game at the first bounce.
Jordan Lewis’ match day mindset particularly as a veteran at Melbourne would be vastly different. That plus his weakness (speed) not being exposed later in games might explain why he was fine with the role.

FWIW - I think todays game should be for the Tony Woods Ceremonial Korg Keyboard 🎹 😉

Last edited:
Personally I think all 5 should be available, but one or two players sit out the last quarter. Archieves the ‘fairness’ of teams losing players to concussion protocols or injury, but avoids the practicalities of being the sub - which has always been so long as ther is a sub

5 players 3 quarters and 3 players 1 quarter = 18
4 players 4 quarters = 16

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back