Autopsy Round 4, 2024 : Hawks get Pied

Remove this Banner Ad

He did great things as a Hawk, especially 17/18 years, was huge in 2018 in particular. Wasn't the same player the years after and we definitely made the right decision to move him on. I was one of the ones quite relieved to see him leave so our young midfield could start fresh.

I haven't liked hearing/reading what he has said about the club since his departure and can tell his ego has been bruised a lot. If the above is true then it's no real surprise.

Good on him winning a flag with the Pies but HFC 100% benefitted from moving Tom on.

Not well liked anymore

Really pissed a few off naming names on that pod and his behaviours since towards certain players has been downright horrendous
Can you remember which players he named in the podcast?

I'm not keen to go back through it oddly enough.

Can you remember which players he named in the podcast?

I'm not keen to go back through it oddly enough.
“There was a meeting, in particular, a game review. I chat with Dylan Moore, Finn Maginness, Will Day, these guys who are some of my good mates still. We call it the Tom Mitchell game review.

Watched the replay... Did anyone else notice animosity between Tom Mitchell and our players?
Sicily got him an absolute beauty - corked hip or similar - in a marking contest. I did feel like there was tension there for sure.

Umpire 32 Molleson absolutely hates us and there were a series of decisions and non decisions early in the last that didn’t go our way and cost us big time. I have never been more confused with the umpiring in my life it’s genuinely appalling. And no one ever calls it out.

Why angry at Sam?
Cause Sam was the coach who gave him the feedback he didn't like and got rid of him. If you're gonna be mad at someone then be mad at him. Don't bring all your mates into it, especially when they have a different relationship with the coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cause Sam was the coach who gave him the feedback he didn't like and got rid of him. If you're gonna be mad at someone then be mad at him. Don't bring all your mates into it, especially when they have a different relationship with the coach.
I may be wrong but I don't even think it was Sam giving the feedback. If I recall correctly, it was a section meeting where Tom was singled out, maybe by Harvey, for repeatedly not following the team directive. Several examples were shown of Tom not doing something that they were supposed to be doing. Tom rehashed it on the pod cast as a reason for realising his time was up at the Hawks (or something to that effect)

I may be wrong but I don't even think it was Sam giving the feedback. If I recall correctly, it was a section meeting where Tom was singled out, maybe by Harvey, for repeatedly not following the team directive. Several examples were shown of Tom not doing something that they were supposed to be doing. Tom rehashed it on the pod cast as a reason for realising his time was up at the Hawks (or something to that effect)

Correct. However it was followed up by Sam that there was more examples, and that Tom simply only saw his, or took his examples personally

Correct. However it was followed up by Sam that there was more examples, and that Tom simply only saw his, or took his examples personally
All I'm saying is that you can show frustration at the coaches but when you include other players in that conversation who are still at the club then it'll cause drama.

Just imagine that one of those players got called in to explain if they had any issues with that particular exchange by the coaches.

Right thought you meant Sam should be blamed, yer agree but that’s classic Tom, doesn’t understand it’s a team sport sometimes and when you don’t perform you get managed, maybe he couldn’t handle packing shelves at Cole’s 😅

Sam Frost spoke about the mood in the sheds at half time and the turnaround in the last half of the game.

I think he's coming along nicely too, but I'm sure there's a few here that will disagree

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Who Frenchy or Ramma?
Unless ppl are frustrated by the teams lack of success to date and blaming Frenchy (and wardn co.) for it, surely everyone is feeling positive about his progression to date this season.

I have seen some negative comments about Ramma, but I thought he was good against the pies.. that being said I think it was a favourable matchup for him as Cox & Cameron aren't beastly rucks and Ramma is suited to playing on and negating Moore.

Pretty sure Moyle has destroyed Ramma in the past at VFL level, so it'll be an interesting watch to see how he goes this week (I dare not mention the humidity).

So far this season, if we've attempted to transition the ball via Lewis, his opponent has regularly marked unopposed.
If Ramma can give us a good contest again this week, we'll be in a better position than we have been 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back