Autopsy Round 4, 2024 : Hawks get Pied

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was Ginnivan i would have been furious with Dylan Moore. Ginnivan 45 out slight angle but one that he can definetely kick, passes to Moore who is about 30 out but on a slightly harder angle still a very getable shot and a better position than Ginni was...yet Moore doesn't make the distance.

If you can kick the goal, do it. It's much harder to kick hit a short pass, have that player mark it under pressure and then have that player kick a goal. It's 3 moderately difficult tasks instead of 1.
Don't see Moore miss them often. Just a poor kick. It happens

It is actually crazy how few free kicks are paid these days;

View attachment 1953960

Single umpire, then two, the three, now four.

Heaps more one on one footy in the 70s saw players infringe and the whistle blown from an umpire a long way away. That way the umpire could catch up to the play at the same time!

Easiest way to stop players belting each other in packs (more than they already were) was to blow a free kick.

Last 20 years has seen AFLHQ direct umpires to “let the game go”, so it keeps getting faster and not stop/start.

Career best season: Worpel, Meek, Scrimshaw, McKenzie, Moore, Massimo, Chol, CMac, Ramsden

Receded: Gunston, Bruest, Reeves

Injured (including possibly carrying) Newcombe, Lewis, Day, CJ, Wingard, DGB, McCabe, Blanck

C Mac has been very average so far?
Not sure what you have been watching?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m not sure why there is so much criticism of C Mac. He is only a third year player.

We saw what happened in the second half when our leaders stood up. I believe CMac, Weddle and Ramsden have the most upside of all the young players on our list. We need to get them to 50 games plus.

He needs a shot across the bow so he will pull his finger out!
No doubt he is talented and probably had the best preseason on our list?
He either needs a week at Box Hill or needs a hose down by Sammy.
I think he has been a passenger all year which is disappointing because I was expecting C Mac to be running above the ground after the preseason he completed.
Hopefully he turns it around which I am sure he will he is not playing the easiest position on the ground.

Connor MacDonald had a poor game today, but I'm a bit miffed at people calling for him to be dropped.

His three prior games this season were good, coming off a strong season last year.

He surely deserves to be backed and developed, especially considering he has shown more than most of the emerging group of Hawks.

I think he is probably the player I was expecting the greatest improvement from . I think he has almost been our most disappointing so far this season but I am confident he can turn it around quickly .

Last edited:
It will have to be referred to the English cricket board for clarification but taking into account missed free kicks, Croc’s close shave and the final margin should this loss be rather considered a “moral victory”?
As the objective adjudicator on all matters "morals" and "spirit of the game", I say yes

Still can’t believe how we came back, really impressive. Seamus is so key for us just needs to stay healthy now.

Biggest disappointment from the game was just not being able to watch the wiz, brings so much energy to games and a pleasure to watch.

The second half is going to be a fun rewatch

Still can’t believe how we came back, really impressive. Seamus is so key for us just needs to stay healthy now.

Biggest disappointment from the game was just not being able to watch the wiz, brings so much energy to games and a pleasure to watch.

The second half is going to be a fun rewatch
Wiz would have loved that second half.

Just had a chance to watch the second half again.

Meek was immense, he threw himself at everything. If he plays that way every week, he's a top line ruckman.

Ramsden did more than I realised also, he and Meek will be our long term ruck combo IMO. Ramma will be a solid lad, you can see the build is there. Just look at his neck! Sammy will have some interesting decisions to make once Lewis returns to full fitness.

Assides from the obvious game changers, I thought Impey had an excellent half. Played with a heap of energy.

Great second half, just a lot of fun to watch.

Oh... I'm really pleased to see Frost playing so well, his disposal has been super reliable this year. Who knew!?

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the replay... Did anyone else notice animosity between Tom Mitchell and our players?
Was a bit firey at times but I think they were niggling him and he didn't take it too well lol. Pretty sure he's mates with a lot of Hawks boys. Him and Sis are good mates if I'm not wrong.

Watched the replay... Did anyone else notice animosity between Tom Mitchell and our players?
He threw a few of our boys under the bus in his podcast last year.

Just had a chance to watch the second half again.

Meek was immense, he threw himself at everything. If he plays that way every week, he's a top line ruckman.

Ramsden did more than I realised also, he and Meek will be our long term ruck combo IMO. Ramma will be a solid lad, you can see the build is there. Just look at his neck! Sammy will have some interesting decisions to make once Lewis returns to full fitness.

Assides from the obvious game changers, I thought Impey had an excellent half. Played with a heap of energy.

Great second half, just a lot of fun to watch.

Oh... I'm really pleased to see Frost playing so well, his disposal has been super reliable this year. Who knew!?

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
This! … on Frosty

For some players you want to see them expand their game and test their limits (Weddle, Seamus, … hell, half of our team). If they make a mistake, no worries, go again. Analyse the mistake after the game to improve.

But Frost is 30. It has been time for him to bed-down his game and do what he does best for a few years now. And this year he is doing it! How good is it to see an older player realise his limits and play within them while still using his strengths (intercepts, contests, and pressure). Well done Frosty and keep doing what you are doing. 👍

Last edited:
Not well liked anymore

Really pissed a few off naming names on that pod and his behaviours since towards certain players has been downright horrendous
Wow. Thanks for the insight BH.

Seemed a lot of the vitriol was aimed towards Newcome & Worpel. Not hard to read between the lines there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back