Preview Round 7, 2024 : Hawks v Swans, 4pm Sunday 28th April, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully some players to return this week.

Lewis and Day should be ok… CJ has a minor Quad setback delaying his return, Bruest might need another week.

Swans are up and about so this will be tough.

Go at it.

Breust said he could play this week on 3aw but I think he will come back the week after vs the Bulldogs!
Day and Lewis in
Hustwaite and Serong out
Mackenzie as the sub to replace Day halfway through the 3rd quarter!
If we have no injuries!!

In: Day, Lewis, Ward
Out: Huss (needs a full game), ?, ?
We weren't super against North but I don't think we'll be making 3 changes. Ward in particular, he was great in the VFL but I reckon he'll be made to really tear the VFL apart before he gets back into the squad.

Day will definitely be back in this week based on his training output and how he is feeling in his body. Think Lewis might be another week away based on what he has done on the track the past three weeks but things can change. With the three tall structure that the Swans have with McLean, Amarty and McDonald, we may need to look at bringing in an Ethan Phillips who has the extra height and body strength. Interesting week at the selection table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mackenzie Sub?

Hard pass

Should never be the sub again, getting full games into him is crucial.

Hope he plays the HFF/midfield role from this point on in the season. If he can get the ball in areas where he's delivering it into the F50 then we are making the most of his talent.

Day in.

Hustwaite out.

D'Ambrosio to sub.

Would love Ward to come back in, but I'm not sure who comes out. Especially with Ward needing to play in the midfield.

Surely not relegating the #1 rated wingman in the AFL???

Agree w these changes. Give Ward another week in the VFL, have the big dominant game there and something will open back up for him.

Day will definitely be back in this week based on his training output and how he is feeling in his body. Think Lewis might be another week away based on what he has done on the track the past three weeks but things can change. With the three tall structure that the Swans have with McLean, Amarty and McDonald, we may need to look at bringing in an Ethan Phillips who has the extra height and body strength. Interesting week at the selection table.

Any news on Bruest? Or have I missed something

Finn to Heeney 🔒

Feel like we’re a chance here- swans were shithouse last time at the G… Day and Lewis back would be massive…

Monkey might be off the back after getting a win - we’ve played some good footy in patches this year- if we can put together 4 quarters or close to it we’ll be hard to beat…

Surely we don't use Day as the sub....
I would think that would be ridiculous given the whole point of his extended rehab was to not take risks and wait until he was 100% fit. And a 100% fit Day is named on field.

Can we go flat out to win the first half?

We know they are good - but effort for much of this week was off the charts and if we give that again we might not embarrass ourselves.

Meantime - why the rush to leave Mass out?

Day, Ward for HH and JS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back