Game Day Round 4, 2024 : Collingwood v Hawthorn, 5:10pm Sunday 7th, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gather 'round people, it's Gameday against the reigning premiers.

Usually match up well with the Pies. I suspect Finn may have been brought in to "run with" his old buddy Naicos.
Ginni coming up against his old side for the first time since he won the flag with them last year is another interesting subplot.

Have at it.

Lots of young and inexperienced players in the side so I feel we need to temper our expectations today.

I’ll be most interested to see if Seamus Mitchell returns to the back pocket to release Amon and how that structurally changes the side.

Also keen to see if Butler can snag a couple based on impressive VFL performances.

I don’t have high expectations of Hustwaite and Ramsden. They are not match winners but I feel there is an enormous amount of hype and expectation here.

Go hawks!

HAWKS BY PLENTY OVER THE MUDLARKS

Not really a magpie according to my bird watching coworker
As it's Gather Round, they should be called the Piping Shrikes.

Drive over to Adelaide to watch a game here for the first time with my daughter on L Plates to get her hours up. Pretty excited about seeing a game at AO. Just hoping we are competitive, don’t start horribly slow again and no lightning delay of game issues like last week! Ryan had a cracker against the pies last time so hopefully Ramsden can do the same. Really hope Butler picks up the speed of the AFL this time in

As it's Gather Round, they should be called the Piping Shrikes.

Only South Australians or honourary South Australians will get that moginie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure where the goals are going to come from. Ginnivan would have been our most likely source, but I can see him getting beaten from pillar to post today. As always, he'll give 120%
far too early to expect much from Ramsden, hopefully Chol is good for a couple, maybe even three, but beyond that, the cupboard is pretty bare.
our midfield are not a goal-kicking unit, but squeeze five out of Worpel, CMac, Newk, Moore and Butler, plus maybe one from Amon or Ward, and you never know.
If Sicily plays forward, we might kick 15, but otherwise, we will be relying on a tight midfield and defensive game, and hope that 10-12 goals wins the contest.

Really looking forward to this, we punched above our weight against Hardwick coaching tree sides last year, hoping that continues.

Hope Butler starts and cements his place!

Heading into enemy territory , watching with a few pies supporters (other school parents) and have spent 16 hours on a cook of pulled pork and brisket for it .
Hoping the bbqing and AFL gods smile kindly on me 🙂

Need a midfield lift again defensively , Lewis hurts structurely but now gives us a chance to be unpredictable

Hawks by 8 ( realistically want us to be super competitive )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back