Autopsy Round 6, 2024 : Hawks skittle Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

That doesn't mean they have the inverse win rate. That's a different stat which CD don't share, there's win/neutralise/lose.

Oh didn't realise that. Still means he isn't getting outmarked/giving away a free kick which is a massive step forward.

Been a rock down back for us this year.

That doesn't mean they have the inverse win rate. That's a different stat which CD don't share, there's win/neutralise/lose.
Agree, but I didn't state the original 77% win rate - not sure where it's being quoted from or misquoted from. Just sharing relevant stats I have access to around how Frost compares to others.

gree, but I didn't state the original 77% win rate - not sure where it's being quoted from or misquoted from. Just sharing relevant stats I have access to around how Frost compares to others.

That one's on me Cryptor. Thought it was binary, didn't realise there was a neutralise element to it.

Agree, but I didn't state the original 77% win rate - not sure where it's being quoted from or misquoted from. Just sharing relevant stats I have access to around how Frost compares to others.
I know but I was just referring to the most recent comment in the thread :p

That one's on me Cryptor. Thought it was binary, didn't realise there was a neutralise element to it.
Not many do. A spoil doesn't count as a win, but a mark would for example.

There was an article the other week about Sic' stats, he won 44% of his contests last season and only lost 15% which has gone down pretty drastically on both counts this year. FWIW winning 44% is insanely high, winning 70% or so would be almost unthinkable.

Can’t believe people are feeling sorry for the shinbeggers

They’ve made their bed re cutting a heap of talent and using draft picks on midfielders 👋🙂
Yeah, I could not care less if they were ever to fold.

Last edited:
Not many do. A spoil doesn't count as a win, but a mark would for example.

There was an article the other week about Sic' stats, he won 44% of his contests last season and only lost 15% which has gone down pretty drastically on both counts this year. FWIW winning 44% is insanely high, winning 70% or so would be almost unthinkable.
Given Frost is usually the last line of defence and most of his 1v1's would be against a KPF within range of goal, there's a reasonable argument to be made that any 1v1 he doesn't lose is effectively a win.

Anyway, however we slice it Frost has been terrific this year. It now makes me sad to think that he won't be around for the upcoming dynasty.

North are so terrible I don’t even bother sending banter to supporter mates, that’s when you know it’s pickled.

I would like the club to launch a full blown investigation into umpiring, the most bullshit assey frees are always paid against us and never in return, if we trawled through every game and noted every free kick it would be a mountain of evidence now. It genuinely makes me not want to go to the footy either.

The amount of blatant free we don’t get is quite unbelievable now, it’s like we play a different game to every other team.
A “full blown investigation into umpiring?

Who do you think we are?

The Greens and the cross-bench in the Senate?

The Auditor-General?

The ACCC?

Who runs this full blown investigation? Who delivers the Report? To whom? 🤣

Given Frost is usually the last line of defence and most of his 1v1's would be against a KPF within range of goal, there's a reasonable argument to be made that any 1v1 he doesn't lose is effectively a win.

Anyway, however we slice it Frost has been terrific this year. It now makes me sad to think that he won't be around for the upcoming dynasty.
I agree, from a supporter point of view. That said it just follows usual contest rules with the only differentiation being the area of the ground.

That's really poor from the AFL. The 3 games we played against Nth, Saints and Dogs as the away team last year drew more than 30k. They really should do better. It doesn't encourage people to go when they know that half the ground is going to be closed off. Why should people be forced to seat on the back row behind the goals when perfectly good seating on the wing is sitting empty.

There are going to be games where they can close off parts of the top deck, but not when 2 Melbourne based teams are playing.
television GIF by David Urbinati

It’s all about…the broadcast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure it's probably been mentioned, but it's great to see Finn showing he has more to skill sent than just tagging. He can be genuinely dangerous.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
Looking forward to the day that a team sends someone to him lol

Finn is such an intense dude. The opposition get really angry at him.
He's clearly worked on his inside 50 disposal and his hitting some very good kicks.
Has added contested marking to his game and kicked 4 goals in two weeks.

I don't think he'll ever be elite in the skills department but he's elite in some other departments and I think he might be a really good long term contributor.
Sewell level ever ? I wonder. Sewell was a bull

North are so terrible I don’t even bother sending banter to supporter mates, that’s when you know it’s pickled.

I would like the club to launch a full blown investigation into umpiring, the most bullshit assey frees are always paid against us and never in return, if we trawled through every game and noted every free kick it would be a mountain of evidence now. It genuinely makes me not want to go to the footy either.

The amount of blatant free we don’t get is quite unbelievable now, it’s like we play a different game to every other team.
All very accurate.

Did anyone see the kick that Finn pulled off to a running Gunners over the back and ended with Moore kicking a goal from the goal square with about 6:30 left in the third quarter? That was the same kick that Finn had in round one against the Bombers that he wasn't able to hit and copped grief from fans about. Love that he backed himself and was able to pull it off. Great for his confidence.
And that’s what you want from young players hey?

A “full blown investigation into umpiring?

Who do you think we are?

The Greens and the cross-bench in the Senate?

The Auditor-General?

The ACCC?

Who runs this full blown investigation? Who delivers the Report? To whom? 🤣
It would take the board making the decision and probably involve 3 people watching tape and noting every possible free and a variation of outcomes - I could get it done for $1000-$3000 a week. (Not joking either) Poo change for an afl club.

Their have been games where’s players have looked visibly dejected by umpiring so the very least the club would have evidence to instruct players on the game, communicate with head office or just go the whole hog and go to the media. Entertainment business is at critical point of turning into how the NBA is officiated - our fans and past players won’t cop this though.

Now that I say it out loud maybe every club should. As a fan all I want to do is turn up to the footy and know both teams had a dip, great contest and either club wasn’t unfairly given blatant advantage.

Hope Kingy and DB enjoyed the day.
King on first crack last night and SEN today is absolutely fuming imo but doing a decent job of holding it in
He is actually questioning Clarko and the club in general now .

The other one is an absolute waste of space

Coaches' votes
9 Jai Newcombe (HAW)
8 Dylan Moore (HAW)
7 Conor Nash (HAW)
3 Harry Morrison (HAW)
2 Jarman Impey (HAW)
1 Tristan Xerri (NMFC)

Nash isn't going anywhere, those who wish it.

Can’t believe people are feeling sorry for the shinbeggers

They’ve made their bed re cutting a heap of talent and using draft picks on midfielders 👋🙂

I don't know all the ins and outs of the new Tasmanian team and the AFL seems to be of the mindset that more teams = more money but the way things are it would actually make sense to relocate North. Personally, I reckon it would be a pretty smart move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back