Autopsy Autopsy v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Im so flat. we are not seeing any upward growth. How did we not look too bad against GWS and Fremantle.
Feels like real men vs boys out there now. We cant seem to possess the ball. we have no movement. So we just bomb it. Except we dont have those big bodies so we have no aerial support. And we are just playing to outnumbered packs. When it hits the ground we are unable to stick tackles. We are drawn to contest and scorched on the outside. Every tried player on the list is a dud.
I know it will turn. All the kids are good. Theres some big guys there that need time and with the bulk of so many low draft picks cant help but eventually come up. I just cant wait 10 years for it.

We just simply do not want the ball enough. It’s always “oh you get it” “you go for that contested ground ball” instead of “I want this ball” “I’ll step up and contest.
That's the biggest issue, and its very obvious. At every stoppage you see players hanging around spectating, waiting for someone else to do something while the oppo players are cracking in. It's the most frustrating part.

Im so flat. we are not seeing any upward growth. How did we not look too bad against GWS and Fremantle.
Feels like real men vs boys out there now. We cant seem to possess the ball. we have no movement. So we just bomb it. Except we dont have those big bodies so we have no aerial support. And we are just playing to outnumbered packs. When it hits the ground we are unable to stick tackles. We are drawn to contest and scorched on the outside. Every tried player on the list is a dud.
I know it will turn. All the kids are good. Theres some big guys there that need time and with the bulk of so many low draft picks cant help but eventually come up. I just cant wait 10 years for it.

Mate we did, our good 1st quarter and a half just masked it.

Can anyone who watched that tell me what he said.
Clubs kidding if they think anyone is genuinely listening in.

This campaigner is part of the problem not the solution to fix them
He said what we’ve all been saying. The kids are taking steps forward, the senior players are letting the side down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But you must remember so many of them are on sporting scholarships.

It would be interesting to know what percentage it is.

The elite schools have wonderful sporting set ups. Peter Knights was working at one of my son's school, and he had Peter Dacos as coach for his Sunday local footy.
Mate it is a blight on community footy we have had a number of clubs amalgamate due to private schools not allowing their players to take part in community club matches, here at Fitzroy Juniors some of our senior teams are at the mercy of Private School selection each weekend, we are becoming a classist society and this is a symptom. IMHO the state govt should step in and tell them as long as you receive funding from the public purse your kids can play for their local community footy clubs, and while we're at it you can open up your publicly funded (in part or whole) facilities to public schools and clubs that are located nearby :mad:

The last two weeks have been the most depressing and demoralizing defeats I have experienced as a North Melbourne supporter, not only are we uncompetitive, but we are uncompetitive against teams in similar positions to us. It looks like we haven't improved since Noble's sacking, we look every bit as unstructured and dysfunctional as we were under him and the players look totally demoralized and it must be having an effect on their confidence because they look scared to make a mistake, they look tentative and second guessing with and without the ball. I'm sure there are a number of players who now feel like it will never end and dread going to training and playing the game.

today was better on fronts we have been awful at in previous games and guess what, something new popped up that we were simply awful at. At 1/4 I mentioned that it was the contested marks that destroyed us. We set up well on the ground in marking contests whether it was forward, wing, half forward, centre. We were just dominated in the air. (First half, didn’t bother watching the second half)

It made the contest what would be a hardball into an easy loose ball handball game. PUNCH THE ******* BALL.

Also, we just turned the ball over at pivotal moments. We started to get a run, 4 kicks behind then we turn the ball over and I think Adelaide kicked 4 unanswered goals.

Another moment in the game was when Zurhaar had a running shot at goal, its quite a regulation shot to be completely honest, limited pressure and on the run in the first Q. Misses the goal, slinged down the other end, goal. What would have made it 10 points then become a 2 goal swing.

s**t like that just can’t fly at the AFL standard.

Jy missing that link up game, costing turnovers and goals.

Just heck

The last two weeks have been the most depressing and demoralizing defeats I have experienced as a North Melbourne supporter, not only are we uncompetitive, but we are uncompetitive against teams in similar positions to us. It looks like we haven't improved since Noble's sacking, we look every bit as unstructured and dysfunctional as we were under him and the players look totally demoralized and it must be having an effect on their confidence because they look scared to make a mistake, they look tentative and second guessing with and without the ball. I'm sure there are a number of players who now feel like it will never end and dread going to training and playing the game.

This is eerily similar to the lowest points in Noble era

But we actually had responses with Noble where as we are not getting jack s**t this time around. Which makes me cringe

You keep saying that but that doesn't absolve responsibility of how we set up on gameday
Of course it doesn’t but we must stay the course. Given we’re so bereft of good leaders and good mature players his hands are somewhat tied. He’s doing what he thinks is best for now and I’ll take his experience and knowledge and hope for the best!

I don't understand how the opposition can have unopposed forwards after a centre bounce clearance. The 6:6:6 rule should mean it's one on one around the ground. But our defenders somehow get lost between half back and the centre square.

The lack of talent and experience in the backline is killing us, as well as our midfield.

Maybe we're better off playing 8 defenders at the centre bounce. Concede the free kick, but at least have the backline covered!
You quote " defenders"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back